Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

This is why I worry that this jacket will not go the distance for me, I am seriously thinking if it's a classic. I hit 50 next year.

I think this is a jacket for a quirky kind of person, a women who always goes with the unexpected and can carry it off and look comfortable doing it. If this look is slightly out of a comfort zone and you don’t feel confident wearing it then it will show in your affect. I like the idea of wearing it in a totally casual way, but at this price point I would find that limiting. I also imagine my husband asking me why I was wearing half of a sailor suit.

I think this is a jacket for a quirky kind of person, a women who always goes with the unexpected and can carry it off and look comfortable doing it. If this look is slightly out of a comfort zone and you don’t feel confident wearing it then it will show in your affect. I like the idea of wearing it in a totally casual way, but at this price point I would find that limiting. I also imagine my husband asking me why I was wearing half of a sailor suit.
Hahaha! I would be comfy wearing it for a few years, I know I can carry it off but into my 60s maybe not so much? Definitely very casual outfits for me and certainly not the whole suit. My DH has already asked why I want to wear a sailor jacket?! But I do like it a lot. I have a PM chat from a very long-time Chanel fan who is 2 decades younger and we are both worried about the longevity of this jacket. From my other mod pics do you think it would work for me, for now?

I agree with what all of you ladies are saying about the red and white sailor suit. I really am not feeling it at all, but it seems to be really popular as I see it everywhere. It's good news that I'm not feeling it though cos it means my wallet is safe (for now) :biggrin: That said, I :heart: the black and white knit :nuts:

Reactions: Nancy Wong
I agree with what all of you ladies are saying about the red and white sailor suit. I really am not feeling it at all, but it seems to be really popular as I see it everywhere. It's good news that I'm not feeling it though cos it means my wallet is safe (for now) :biggrin: That said, I :heart: the black and white knit :nuts:

Are you seei it on the streets in real life or in blogger and fashion show pictures? The latter is not a true reflection of reality.

Reactions: pinkorchid20
Hahaha! I would be comfy wearing it for a few years, I know I can carry it off but into my 60s maybe not so much? Definitely very casual outfits for me and certainly not the whole suit. My DH has already asked why I want to wear a sailor jacket?! But I do like it a lot. I have a PM chat from a very long-time Chanel fan who is 2 decades younger and we are both worried about the longevity of this jacket. From my other mod pics do you think it would work for me, for now?

I think you'd look great in this jacket. I really like it in the various photos I've seen of women wearing it, and it is beautiful in person.

Reactions: periogirl28
I totally agree with this. If anyone can pull it off, it would be Periogirl! If you wear it casually and kinda punk, like a thrift store find, it could look cool.

Reactions: lulilu
Thank you everyone for your input on my robot skirt dilemma! I really appreciate the input. I brought the skirt back to NM for further alterations, to fit it closer to the body. I am not going to touch the length just the sides and back and I think I will be happier with it.
After pinning, it gave the skirt a much more youthful look without touching the length. Fingers crossed!
I also got a chance to try the zig zag suit. It think it is too much (on me, I am not tall) as a suit. However, the jacket by itself is very, very comfortable and could be used dressed up or with jeans. Will think about it.IMG_0544 (002).jpg IMG_0548.jpg IMG_0541.jpg