Chanel loose thread help!!!

I had this same problem with my bag. Ended up getting a new one, and two years later I now have a thread coming out.

Quality of Chanels has NOT been good in my experience... but I still love the bag. Getting it repaired right now and crossing my fingers it turns out okay.

I really think when you order classic flaps from saks should pay double attention.
last time I had same unpleasant experience from saks as well, then I returned it and get a new one.
a friend of mine ordered a caviar one but somehow felt like lambskin.

seem to me like a loose thread out of nowhere.

............ singapore........ i'm not sure if u still want to go through hassle of shipping it to n fro for that. not sure if u have to pay tax twice or whatever.

sending it in for repair is no no as its a new bag.

i have to say think some of quality issues are manhandling by potential buyers on the floor (and not even "on the floor" as in the back and looked at for a minute or two... many times) and/or bags that have been returned. basically bag traffic! it cannot be that you always get a brand new bag! even if they say so... ESPECIALLY at dept stores. especially if happened to order to beat the increase--since there were so few around you think they were the best of the bunch?? anyway, who's to say once you return this they will send you a perfect bag? if it can be fixed easy i say do that and maybe get your next chanel somewhere else. good luck

I am so sorry this happened to you... it has happened to me before (not exactly the same thing but some defect). Unfortunately this seems to be the norm nowadays! My guess is that Saks will probably do an exchange but you will probably have to pay for the shipping charges and possibly gst when it gets sent back to Singapore. In light of this, it might be better to get it repaired FOC in Singapore. Good luck and keep us updated!

I am really disappointed. I purchased my new bag on last week of December from Nordies and have only used it 3 to 4 times, and each outing was approx 2 hrs. Also, I was really careful with the bag.

Anyway, I just noticed today that there is a loose thread on the back pocket on the upper left corner. I never even used the back pocket. I am concerned that if thread breaks that all the stitching will eventually come undone. The loose thread is fairly small but I am already thinking the worse case scenario.

I called Nordies today and was told to wait for a call from the sa who sold the bag to me. I wondered since the bag is so new, it should still be under warranty. I thought I read somewhere that it should be covered for about a year. Does it matter where I bought the bag from?

I would like to find out if anyone has had similar problems with their 11c purchases. Tia...

I know when I've bought from saks and NM, there is a 1 yr. Warranty. Not sure about Nordies but I'm sure its the same . Talk to your SA and see what she can do. Loose stitching on a brand new bag will bother ME....

It doesn't matter where you bought it from, you can take it back to a stand alone Chanel boutique for repairs since it's within a year. I didn't want to drop my flap off at a department store (I bought it from a dept store) for fixing since the purses may all end up going to the same repair center. I went straight to the boutique for them to make the necessary repairs.

Thanks... I will take my bag in on Friday and the SA said that she can determine if the loose threading can be just cut and should not affect the other stitching or sent to chanel for repair. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
This is my 1st chanel and I am really dissapointed in the quality.

I am seriously considering just just buyng LV again. Purchased 2 before over the phone that I had to return due to the dents on the bag...

Thanks... I will take my bag in on Friday and the SA said that she can determine if the loose threading can be just cut and should not affect the other stitching or sent to chanel for repair. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
This is my 1st chanel and I am really dissapointed in the quality.

I am seriously considering just just buyng LV again. Purchased 2 before over the phone that I had to return due to the dents on the bag...

Hope you won't have to part with your purse for the necessary repairs. I'm a bit disappointed with the loose threading on my flap as well, especially for an almost brand new purse (I started seeing loose threading only 2 months after purchase).
I definitely have a lot more louis vuittons compared to Chanel, but never did I have any issues as to its quality. :yes:

I have always wonder how can the threads come loose all by itself? I have one loose thread on the top of my flap next to the loop that the chains go through, I used crazyglue to stop the thread from coming out even further & it works. Since it's on the top, nobody can really sees it. I don't want to take it to repair center because my flap might come back out of shape. So if it's a small problem, I tried to fix it on my own.