Chanel loose thread help!!!

Don't panic. Those stitches popping can be a common problem. Good news is it's an easy fix. Take it in, as stated above it will be free to fix. Time it will take to return to you will depend if where you go has repairs "in-house" or where they send it off to.

The same thing happened to my jumbo flap. I bought it last October and I took it in the Chanel boutique in June. It was free. They asked me when I purchased it and they needed the authenticity number. I got my purse back in less than a month, a lot quicker than expected. I brought my purse, the receipt and the authenticity card, but after they got all the info they needed, I asked for the receipt and authenticity card back.

Ahhhhhh! I just got my jumbo flap like a month ago... And when I opened it just now I noticed that this thread at the side of the flaps has come undone!!!!!! Is this something chanel can/will fix? Will it cost a fortune and I'll have to wait months for her to be returned to me??
See the attached picture... Don't judge the Pocahontas bed sheets.....

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance!!! So sad right now... :sad:

If it makes you feel better
This happened to Me like the day after I wore it, this was back in 2011
Chanel fixed it for me free of charge

They seemed to acknowledge that this was a normal flaw with the quality of the Jumbo back then

Hi everyone!

I purchased my m/l classic flap on Saturday and have been over the moon about it. Unfortunately today, I noticed a loose thread on my beautiful bag's chain strap. I called the Newbury street store (where I purchased it) and they told me to bring it in and they would see if their in-store alterations person could re-stitch it for me.

My conundrum lies in the fact that it is very difficult for me to get into the city - I don't want to drive more than an hour away only to be told that it can't be fixed or that they have to send it away or I have to wait for another bag to come in (I love THIS bag!).

I'm attaching a photo. Would you just deal with it being this way? Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Maybe it's not even worth bringing the bag in at all?

You can see the looser side on the right. The side on the left is tightly stitched.

Attachments

• chanel loose thread.jpg
    chanel loose thread.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 319
If it bothers u then u should do something about it but I am not sure driving one hour is worth it. Maybe u should just talk to the manager and bring it in when u have plans in the city or another reason to go in.

I dont think I see anything in the picture. Dont think it would bother me as it doesnt affect the overall appearance and shouldnt break. But if you are not happy, take it in... it's worth the drive.

I added some arrows to my photo - maybe I'm crazy?

One side is stitched tight together - the side I'm worried about is spread further apart and I can see the thread in between the leather pieces and I can't see it on the other side. I'm only concerned because I don't want the strap to fall apart later on down the line.

Attachments

• chanel loose thread 2.jpg
    chanel loose thread 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 266
I'm not seeing an issue on your bag. But this part of the chain strap, where the intertwined leather ends, is a typical problem area, a stress point, and Chanel routinely restitches it. I had to have this fixed on one of my flaps years ago and it wasn't a big deal. I think you should relax and enjoy your bag! :smile:

I just received this bag today and noticed this loose thread that looks like the sewing machine missed it. If you look in the second photo, the stitching on the PVC is quite crooked on the bottom row. That may be why it was missed. I can't fix it, but I could snip it off.

See in the bottom photo, the stitching on the blue PVC is about 1/4 inch above the bottom on the right side, but on the left it drops into the lambskin.

What do you suggest??? Should I send it back?? :confused1:

Attachments

• IMG_7069.jpg
    IMG_7069.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_7070.jpg
    IMG_7070.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_7071.jpg
    IMG_7071.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
No, I purchased it from Saks through the authentic finds thread. She said she only has this one. Ugh, if it didn't cost over $5000 with tax, I would just cut it off and deal with the crooked stitching, but for that kind of money, I want to be completely content. :shucks: