Chanel loose thread help!!!

I purchased my first Chanel bag (Jumbo caviar in black from SAKS) about 3 months ago. I haven't carried this that much because I've been trying to be careful with the bag my mom bought me.

I noticed the left side of the bag (inside-thread was looser than the right). Is this normal? I wasn't sure if it's worth contacting the SA to get it fixed. I've seen others post a problem like mine-but mine doesn't seem as loose/bad as previous posts.
How does it work since I ordered it from SAKS not Chanel boutique?
I guess I should be more careful.
Here is the pic below-sorry if it's hard to see.

Attachments

• chanel.jpg
    chanel.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,744
  • chanel2.jpg
    chanel2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,743
You're still covered under warranty. You can bring it back into your local Saks for repairs. They'll send it off & you should get it back within 4-6 weeks.

OH man that one tiny thread is going to take that long to fix?

I just called and they said 10-12 weeks instead of 4-6? Anyone know for sure for Chanel @SAKS? hmmm. If it takes this long I might hold it until I come back from my trip in February. I want to take my bag to the trip with me.

Last edited:
Hi shopgirl1010, i know how you feel about it, i got my grey maxi lambskin flap for only a month and hardly wear it out but the same thing happened to the left hand side of the back flap and mine is really even worse, but i havent fixed it yet, maybe im just lazy hehe. actually i dont expect too much from chanel quality these days. i will just enjoy my bags. well..its just my personal opinion ;)

Hope you can fix yours soon and hope it wont take too long! :biggrin:

Ditto. I had my metallic gray jumbo for TWO weeks, and the same thread in the same place came loose. It took 7 weeks for me to get my purse back. There are lots of threads in the forum about this exact same subject, so unfortunately, this is not uncommon.

This happened to my meduim classic flap too. I thought maybe i put too many things medium could hold on to. I dont know it could happen to jumbo too. If it is under warranty (they said 3 months worldwide), they should fix it for you w/o charge. Mine is out of warranty. The charge is quite minimal (say USD 15). They got it fixed for me within 7 days. SA at my local store told me that it happens a LOT and often. Sigh .......

This happened to my meduim classic flap too. I thought maybe i put too many things medium could hold on to. I dont know it could happen to jumbo too. If it is under warranty (they said 3 months worldwide), they should fix it for you w/o charge. Mine is out of warranty. The charge is quite minimal (say USD 15). They got it fixed for me within 7 days. SA at my local store told me that it happens a LOT and often. Sigh .......

Did you purchase yours from Chanel boutique?
The SA from SAKS told me as long as it's under 1 year-it would be free.

^As long as you purchased your bag from an authorized Chanel boutique/installation (Saks, BG etc), it will be fixed free of charge if you find any defects within one year.

Saks, BG, Hirshleifer's, Chanel boutiques, Neiman Marcus, ect. will all send it back to the same place, Chanel's repair center, so it should be the same time for all. It may take longer if the store doesn't send the bag out right away. I know that NM sends all the repairs to NM corporate first, so they take longer. This is gusset stitching and it should be fixed for free since you're under warranty. Otherwise, it would be a small charge. They may give you a long estimate but they give the same timeframe for all repairs, whether its a stitch or redying, so this should definitely get back to you sooner.

It happened to both side of my 227 black metallic reissue which was more than 2 years old. I took it to Chanel boutique. They fixed it in 2 weeks for free. I was told that if it's loose stitches they should fix it for free. You can also ask for the repair estimate to see if there is any.

Just noticed the same thing in my jumbo bag. I have had it for 2 years have not worn it very much at all. Very very sad for such a $$$ bag. I'm not sure what I should do.

OP, I too bought a caviar jumbo about 4 months ago at the dept. store and that very same thing happened to me. The SA ended up replacing the damaged purse with a new one. Try asking the SA if that is possible and good luck.

had the same issue with my first ever chanel that i bought 3 weeks ago (Classic Jumb caviar). ALso on the left side, the thread was unraveling and I had not even used it outside the house!

Took it back to Saks where I bought it and the SA exchanged it for another...