Chanel in Canada

Hello ladies.
I’m new to Chanel and I’d like your advice.

I’d like to start Chanel journey with clutches with chain or chained card holder, but I’ve never seen them in stock at Vancouver location. I’m wondering if there is any certain timing I should go ask or if I should make a purchase history like other brand… I appreciate your advices in advance!!

The blacks are very hard to find here because most of the time they're already allocated to someone on a waitlist though SA's will tell you there is no such thing as a waitlist. Honestly if you can go to Paris and get it, or even Hong Kong it'll be worth it. I find the SA's in Canada, especially in Toronto are useless. I'm done trying to cultivate a relationship with someone who doesn't care because I'm not dropping 10s of thousands every year.
seriously! Unless you are buying a purse a week, I find their service is horrible

Reactions: MCBadian07
Hello ladies.

I’d like to start Chanel journey with clutches with chain or chained card holder, but I’ve never seen them in stock at Vancouver location. I’m wondering if there is any certain timing I should go ask or if I should make a purchase history like other brand… I appreciate your advices in advance!!

Vancouver does not get a lot of stock. If you know exactly what you are asking for, maybe go in and ask an SA? I went in recently and was told that they did not order any key holders from the 21K collection.
Not sure if purchase history is necessary, but my SA did ask my friend if she has a profile (not sure if its location specific or shared across Canada) before helping her secure a bag.

Reactions: criquetty
Hello ladies.

Hello, I hope you are able to find what you are looking for. Unfortunately the stock in Canada is VERY limited no matter which city you are in and I find that SLG's (which seems like what you are looking for) sell out very quickly. If you know the actual reference number of the item you want I would suggest calling the Client care number at 1-888-924-2635 and asking which store may have it and calling them directly (it's the beauty number that can be found online however I've called them in the past and they were able to locate which store had something I was looking for). If someone actually answers from the store they may be able to help you and ship the item out to you if it's available. It's really dependent on who answers the phone as to whether or not they will ship something out to you without a prior purchase history. If your open to anything then I would suggest going to the store when a new collection is launched (the next collection is cruise and starts in November). Don't be discouraged and realize that if you really want something persistence is key. Let us know if your successful and good luck :smile:

Vancouver does not get a lot of stock. If you know exactly what you are asking for, maybe go in and ask an SA? I went in recently and was told that they did not order any key holders from the 21K collection.
Not sure if purchase history is necessary, but my SA did ask my friend if she has a profile (not sure if its location specific or shared across Canada) before helping her secure a bag.

Hi, thank you very much for the information. I guess I need to continue to visit the store patiently. Thanks again and have a good day!!

Reactions: miss_mandee
Hello, I hope you are able to find what you are looking for. Unfortunately the stock in Canada is VERY limited no matter which city you are in and I find that SLG's (which seems like what you are looking for) sell out very quickly. If you know the actual reference number of the item you want I would suggest calling the Client care number at 1-888-924-2635 and asking which store may have it and calling them directly (it's the beauty number that can be found online however I've called them in the past and they were able to locate which store had something I was looking for). If someone actually answers from the store they may be able to help you and ship the item out to you if it's available. It's really dependent on who answers the phone as to whether or not they will ship something out to you without a prior purchase history. If your open to anything then I would suggest going to the store when a new collection is launched (the next collection is cruise and starts in November). Don't be discouraged and realize that if you really want something persistence is key. Let us know if your successful and good luck :smile:

Hello, thank you so much for your kind advices!! I hope the number you gave me will work for me too. Appreciate your encouragement too cuz I was very discouraged yesterday as you said, haha. Hope I can share good news here sometime soon!
I’ll try to call them today. Thanks again for your kindness and have a good day!!

Forgive my ignorance, I only buy preloved for the bigger luxury brands (like Chanel and LV). But I'm just curious at this idea of not being able to secure certain items without an SA or purchase history... I thought that was an Hermes thing ;) Is this just for the classics, and is this a new practise with Chanel? Are other brands doing this too (besides C and H)?

I'd appreciate any education on this, besides buying mostly preloved, I'm also relatively new to luxury. TIA!

Forgive my ignorance, I only buy preloved for the bigger luxury brands (like Chanel and LV). But I'm just curious at this idea of not being able to secure certain items without a SA or purchase history... I thought that was an Hermes thing ;) Is this just for the classics, and is this a new practise with Chanel? Are other brands doing this too (besides C and H)?

I'd appreciate any education on this, besides buying mostly preloved, I'm also relatively new to luxury. TIA!

This is really store/SA dependant and more of a preference than a rule. Chanel doesn’t officially have a “pre-spend” journey requirement in Canada. Now, there was a rumour they were going to start doing this for classics during the summer but I haven’t seen it implemented when I was shopping recently throughout the Toronto stores. I’ve had a SA willing to ship out a classic bag to me from another province without having a profile but I’ve had other SAs require a purchase history before they were willing to help in such a way or even track down a bag for me. It really is a mix bag so YMMV.

Reactions: Farkvam
This is really store/SA dependant and more of a preference than a rule. Chanel doesn’t officially have a “pre-spend” journey requirement in Canada. Now, there was a rumour they were going to start doing this for classics during the summer but I haven’t seen it implemented when I was shopping recently throughout the Toronto stores. I’ve had a SA willing to ship out a classic bag to me from another province without having a profile but I’ve had other SAs require a purchase history before they were willing to help in such a way or even track down a bag for me. It really is a mix bag so YMMV.
Thanks for the info mosare, good to know!

Reactions: mosare
Hi, can someone help me to find an SA to get a medium classic flap in light purple please, my SA in Vancouver wasn’t able to get it. I really wanted this bag but don’t want to pay premium. TIA
Hello everyone, do we have bags in light purple colour from 21k collection in toronto?

Not sure if you're comfortable buying from a third party seller but this one is available. Please do your due diligence of course :smile:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-160414.png
    Screenshot_20210929-160414.png
    548.6 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Bakerqueen
Hello fellow Canadian shoppers!

Help me decide on my first chanel bag. I know I want a classic flap in black caviar ghw but I can’t decide between a medium and a small. I’m 5’6 and on the slim end. I tried a medium and it looked good and proportionate on me in person but a bit big in pictures. I’ve never tried or even seen a small CF in person.

My overall impression of the CF medium is that it has a big presence that makes it a very formal bag. I don’t think I can pull it off as a casual bag like some do. But at the end of the day it’s the ultimate classic. On the other hand the small CF seems more versatile. But it doesn’t have the same strong presence as the medium does (based on pictures). I think I’ll get more use out of the small for sure but am worried that I’ll regret not going after the ultimate classic, especially as I get older. I am in my early 30’s now and hope to use the bag for 10, 20 years to come :smile:

for those of you who have both a small and a medium CF, what do you think?

TIA!