CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

View attachment 5862076
Hey there, can anyone speak to the smell of a metallic lamb leather? I purchased this from TRR and had it authenticated by Zeko who said it's authentic but I just can't get past the smell--it's a sweet/chemical scent that totally masks any leather smell. Anyone know if this is normal? It came with all the stickers still on and looks to not have been used at all..

I have the small silver 19 that came out the year before this one I believe, the metallic is more subdued, but never noticed an odd smell. I also have a silver reissue mini and never noticed any odd odors.

Yesterday my SA told me that everyone in the store is very unhappy because they are getting rid of commissions on RTW and fine jewelry. I know there was speculation on these two categories being emphasized, either for status or otherwise.
In the recent past, I’ve been told that the team (ie boutique) works towards sales targets for which they receive bonuses if they meet or exceed, so I guess it was a combo situation.

• Wow
Reactions: lunabear101
The strap of the mini rectangular is just a little too long on me and I don’t love the color as much I thought I would initially (mine is a greyish blue). Compared to my other pre-loved Chanel bags of the same size (eg mini reissue) it was also significantly more expensive (more than $1k difference). So while I understand why they fetch a premium given Chanel doesn’t make them in caviar anymore, I still struggle a bit with the price I paid :-/
just on the strap length- I also find the strap on the mini rectangle too long but I tied the straps inside with a chanel ribbon and found I could easily adjust it to the length I wanted and now it’s perfect.

Looking to buy a preloved Boy bag since boutique doesn't have leather/hardware combo I want. Saw a video on Youtube saying an indicator of a fake boy bag is if the CC's on the 2 balls on the strap are facing the wrong way. (Not sure how accurate of advice this is.) I've been eyeing this one but noticed that the CC's are each facing a different direction. So my question to Boy bag owners is, do these 2 little balls on the strap rotate, or should they be in a fixed position, with the CC's facing a certain direction?

Attachments

• chanelstrap.jpg
    chanelstrap.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 10
2 of my bags were wrecked in a room fire we had and insurance isn't allowing me to claim them without a receipt. I figured I could get it from Chanel but because it was a cash transaction they won't do it. I have the exact day I bought it and close to the time as I saved on my snapchat story. At my wits end on what to do. Any suggestions? It was a my everything flap bag

Hi everyone. Thinking of selling this Chanel black satin mini shoulder bag but it is missing the CC logo on the pearl and the actual strap. What would be a good starting price? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 583220DD-384B-44FD-AF92-F7BA3A19F9F2.jpeg
    583220DD-384B-44FD-AF92-F7BA3A19F9F2.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 21
  • C8A9D8D8-EF3C-4BC6-AED0-E6C43027DF64.jpeg
    C8A9D8D8-EF3C-4BC6-AED0-E6C43027DF64.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 21
Super random but curious to hear people’s thoughts. I have never found the CS to be rude at Chanel but I often find the standalone stores CS to be a bit more cold and often their knowledge on the products and collections seem to be very minimal. Is this an act and they are asked to be this way? I imagine it is a coveted job so it has always confused me