CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I'm curious what people's thoughts are regarding Chanel launching their own monogram fabric (coated canvas) handbags. I just read about it on the blog and have mixed feelings about it.

https://www.purseblog.com/chanel/chanel-monogram-logo-fabric-bags/

Not a fan, don’t get me wrong I enjoy an LV mono on the right bag and occasionally a Gucci (Dionysus for example) and have Goyard (barely used) because it’s a bit more subtle, but I just don’t think it’s very Chanel, just looks cheap imho

Am I crazy to even consider selling my rose gold mini before I’ve even used it? I was lucky enough to find one recently and paid a small fortune for it, and struck gold again and found a medium flap wallet (also gave up a kidney for that one). I loooove the wallet, it’s such a good size and this shade is just to die for. I’ve started using it immediately! The mini on the other hand has remained in its box on my shelf, not seeing the light of day. Granted, we’ve had back to back snowstorms and just plain miserable weather so there was no chance of using my mini at all. Penny for your thoughts?
I have the same bag :smile: I wonder if you know why you haven’t wore it? Is it because you don’t like mini? Is it too loud? Did you buy it and then realize it’s not your style or don’t go with your usual aesthetic? If that’s the case you may want to lean toward selling it if it may end up a museum item :P

Just speaking for myself, I got it way on beginning when it was release so I had some time with the bag. At least for me it’s a bag that when the right outfit (and sometimes just sort of right outfit because of my eagerness to wear it) comes along, I wear it and was very happy wearing it. It’s a bag that is fun but because of the size just the right pop. Especially because it’s still a softer color (pink) I don’t feel it’s too loud and also quite feminine and elegant because of that.

Also I personally feel comfortable with this being year round because I feel pink is year round for right outfit. It hasn’t come out much (any of my mini to be honest) for the last few weeks because the snowstorms just don’t put me in a mini mood! However if you are not sure and contemplating, why not wait till after spring and summer ish? That way he weather is prime for this bag and with fun outfits and good weather to Go out more, you might be more able to determine if you actually enjoy using it by using it! :smile:

Reactions: March786
I have the same bag :smile: I wonder if you know why you haven’t wore it? Is it because you don’t like mini? Is it too loud? Did you buy it and then realize it’s not your style or don’t go with your usual aesthetic? If that’s the case you may want to lean toward selling it if it may end up a museum item :P

Just speaking for myself, I got it way on beginning when it was release so I had some time with the bag. At least for me it’s a bag that when the right outfit (and sometimes just sort of right outfit because of my eagerness to wear it) comes along, I wear it and was very happy wearing it. It’s a bag that is fun but because of the size just the right pop. Especially because it’s still a softer color (pink) I don’t feel it’s too loud and also quite feminine and elegant because of that.

Also I personally feel comfortable with this being year round because I feel pink is year round for right outfit. It hasn’t come out much (any of my mini to be honest) for the last few weeks because the snowstorms just don’t put me in a mini mood! However if you are not sure and contemplating, why not wait till after spring and summer ish? That way he weather is prime for this bag and with fun outfits and good weather to Go out more, you might be more able to determine if you actually enjoy using it by using it! :smile:

I think it's just the weather has kept me from reaching for it, that and it was my most expensive bag out of everything I own so it makes me very scared to touch it!

Reactions: March786
Each year Chanel designs the most sought-after summer sports accessories in fashion and it’s become integral to the house’s DNA. In a nod to the beach resorts loved by Coco Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld pays homage to this glamorous lifestyle by unveiling a line exclusively dedicated to beach essentials. The COCO BEACH collection will include a selection of ready-to-wear accessories in true sports style, comprising swimsuits, wetsuits, swimshorts and the classic Breton striped sweater, belted at the waist. And summer accessories are also included, with beach bags, purses and signature espadrilles all sporting the iconic double C. These pieces will be exclusively available only in a selection of Chanel stores in some of the most glamorous resorts in the world: St Tropez, Monaco, Cannes and Nice, Barcelona, Capri, as well as Palm Beach and Honolulu. A cutting-edge line for the summer weather that will be a must-have from mid-June

Each year Chanel designs the most sought-after summer sports accessories in fashion and it’s become integral to the house’s DNA. In a nod to the beach resorts loved by Coco Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld pays homage to this glamorous lifestyle by unveiling a line exclusively dedicated to beach essentials. The COCO BEACH collection will include a selection of ready-to-wear accessories in true sports style, comprising swimsuits, wetsuits, swimshorts and the classic Breton striped sweater, belted at the waist. And summer accessories are also included, with beach bags, purses and signature espadrilles all sporting the iconic double C. These pieces will be exclusively available only in a selection of Chanel stores in some of the most glamorous resorts in the world: St Tropez, Monaco, Cannes and Nice, Barcelona, Capri, as well as Palm Beach and Honolulu. A cutting-edge line for the summer weather that will be a must-have from mid-June

Thanks for the info, i am booking my ticket [emoji4]

Argh.,.. I cant decide on getting y boy bag- in the small or medium !!!!!!!!!!!
I been going back an forth for weeks.. I have tried both on and love them both.. small is small inside, but medium feels bulky on me... why couldnt they make a s/m size and in between size....

Argh.,.. I cant decide on getting y boy bag- in the small or medium !!!!!!!!!!!
I been going back an forth for weeks.. I have tried both on and love them both.. small is small inside, but medium feels bulky on me... why couldnt they make a s/m size and in between size....
Did you try your favorite items inside? Which one fits them all better? Ok, weird, but... I was trying on a dress last night... the 4 was 'just right' and the 6 was too big, I told my friend I feel like I need a size 5, which of course doesn't exist, but would be perfect. I ended up keeping the 6, because it's better to have that extra room than feel something is too small. So, I'd "size up" and get the medium. I think a regret might be going too small as opposed to a bit bigger. imo

Hi girls, I know Chanel gives out gifts to VIP customers. I've seen it in my friends' houses and they are high quality, beautiful gifts. On Poshmark, I would often see "VIP gifts" that are very poorly made (I can't imagine anyone using that stuff), but boast authenticity...I am confused. Could they be real? When would Chanel give out such odd gifts?

Hi girls, I know Chanel gives out gifts to VIP customers. I've seen it in my friends' houses and they are high quality, beautiful gifts. On Poshmark, I would often see "VIP gifts" that are very poorly made (I can't imagine anyone using that stuff), but boast authenticity...I am confused. Could they be real? When would Chanel give out such odd gifts?

99.99% of the time those for sale are fake. They are just trying to justify why there is no serial number etc.

Reactions: GPR
I've been on poshmark since 2013, and watch a lot of the Chanel items going up and getting removed. I would say be wary of them, every once in awhile you'll find a legitimate one, but it's hard. The suggested users/ambassadors, we try to go through and report those users before people buy the listings.

Reactions: GPR
Hello all the lovely ladies..
My question probably irrelevant to this thread. But I just want to know where and how to get evaluations of a Chanel vintage handbags?
I found one Chanel vintage double flap with two tone CC.
Your advice and opinions will help me decide on the purchase, and will help me paying too much of what it’s actually is.

Thank you in advance

IMG_8406.jpgIMG_8430.jpg