CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

rosie85 said:
i spoke to a SA in the melbourne store 2 days ago and he said it was being discontinued. i was going to sell mine as i dont use it much, but i think i'll hold onto it now

Oh no >_< I was thinking of getting one instead f the PST because I like that it zips close. I would definitely hold on to it!

Chanbal said:
I read about the existence of Chanel outlets in one of the threads. However, when I tried to find their addresses on the internet, I came across sites like 'http://www.chaneloutletonline-official.com/', which seem to be selling non-authentic bags in a very official manner. I wonder if those are bags that end up on ebay for sale as authentic. Pretty scary! :nogood:

I ALWAYS authenticate Chanel handbags that I am interested in on the Authenticate this Chanel page. You just fill out the information they request and they usually respond within a few hours. I have made 2 Chanel purchases online with the help of the authenticators on the thread, they are very knowledgeable. I also heard that its a good idea to google the authenticity number as a lot of the fakes use the same numbers. Also the classics never go on sale so that's a give away if they're being sold at "outlet" prices. & also look up the website on here also, a lot of the times other member will post websites selling fakes. I hope this helps! (:

Hi there, I'm looking to buy my girlfriend a pair of Chanel earrings for our 1 year anniversary. I live in Canada and there is no Chanel outlet in my city and the Holt Renfrew does not carry Chanel here for some reason. Basically I'm looking for a legitimate place I can buy the earrings online with my credit card. The ones she wants are the CC logo with crystals which I believe retails for around $235. I have called Chanel stores in other cities here but they are very difficult to deal with, it's almost like they don't want my money. Anyways, if you could direct me to a site like I mentioned that would really help me out. Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Hi folks, I've a question but I do not know where or who can I ask. Hope someone can answer me on this question. My friend is now in UK, she doesn't have a credit card to help me purchase on the Mini Flap I want, can I read her the credit card number, expire date & security code and the merchant can charge to my card directly?

Thank you in advance! :smile:

Hi ladies, if i'm purchasing 3 chanel bags from my trip to Paris next month, can u pls advice how to bring them back or how to safe guard them. Should i check them in or hand carry? If i hand carry them, how should i place it up in the cabin? Btw, if i'm claiming for VAT refund, will the officer there unpacked the lovely boxes in order to check the goods? TIA for sharing.

samanthatyy said:
Hi folks, I've a question but I do not know where or who can I ask. Hope someone can answer me on this question. My friend is now in UK, she doesn't have a credit card to help me purchase on the Mini Flap I want, can I read her the credit card number, expire date & security code and the merchant can charge to my card directly?

I don't think Chanel or many stores will agree to this, for security reasons person or the owner of the credit card must be present when purchasing. I try to do a phone order with Chanel store they didn't allow it. Just my two cents.

Hi ladies, if i'm purchasing 3 chanel bags from my trip to Paris next month, can u pls advice how to bring them back or how to safe guard them. Should i check them in or hand carry? If i hand carry them, how should i place it up in the cabin? Btw, if i'm claiming for VAT refund, will the officer there unpacked the lovely boxes in order to check the goods? TIA for sharing.

I recommend you hand luggage them. The inspectors at the VAT desk in London always ask to see Chanel when I go to their desk for a claim. A few months ago, a lady in front of me handed over GBP 10,000 of Chanel receipts, but did not have any of the items with her. The inspector did not stamp her receipts so she did not get a refund. I would also not risk checking luxury good items into hold luggage, particularly if you are travelling to a destination that requires your suitcase to remain unlocked for unofficial customs inspection. By all means, pack the boxes but keep the bags in their cloth bag in your hand luggage :smile:

The UK boutiques are very rigid with their payment procedures, so your friend will not be able to purchase the flap unless she has a credit card/cash of her own. Can you not Western Union some money to her or purchase a Visa gift card with your credit card and FedEx it to her in London?

I recommend you hand luggage them. The inspectors at the VAT desk in London always ask to see Chanel when I go to their desk for a claim. A few months ago, a lady in front of me handed over GBP 10,000 of Chanel receipts, but did not have any of the items with her. The inspector did not stamp her receipts so she did not get a refund. I would also not risk checking luxury good items into hold luggage, particularly if you are travelling to a destination that requires your suitcase to remain unlocked for unofficial customs inspection. By all means, pack the boxes but keep the bags in their cloth bag in your hand luggage :smile:
Will do. TQ for the info Ny-Lon. Ur info is certainly helps. :biggrin:

The UK boutiques are very rigid with their payment procedures, so your friend will not be able to purchase the flap unless she has a credit card/cash of her own. Can you not Western Union some money to her or purchase a Visa gift card with your credit card and FedEx it to her in London?
Hi Ny-Lon, may i know how rigid are they? Are they going to match the credit card's name against the passport's holder? TIA

Is there such thing as Visa gift card?! OMG i didn't know about it!!!! I'm in Singapore, can I do so?