CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I like a lot some of the new seasonal Chanel bags, but I'm afraid the new thicker chains will get easily outdated. Am I making any sense?

They are cute - the ones with the brass chain right?

I'm pretty sure that they will be outdated; seasonal bags are just that, meant to be enjoyed in the short term though I understand the sentiment - they sure cost like a long term! if you can, wait for them to go on sale, buy and enjoy them. You should read what they are saying in the 'are bags an investment?' thread, even classics will eventually be outdated :smile:

They are cute - the ones with the brass chain right?

I'm pretty sure that they will be outdated; seasonal bags are just that, meant to be enjoyed in the short term though I understand the sentiment - they sure cost like a long term! if you can, wait for them to go on sale, buy and enjoy them. You should read what they are saying in the 'are bags an investment?' thread, even classics will eventually be outdated :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion, wait is not a problem and I may do that. I believe the next Chanel sale is after Christmas, is that right? :graucho:

Chanel came out with some models in the past that I still enjoy despite being vintage, they aged well like a good wine. Not so sure about the ones I saw at SAKS a few days ago, it seems they may not last more than this year. :wondering Then again, I am probably wrong...

Dear Chanel experts, I need your help.. my sister is going to Paris in Dec and I'm asking her to buy my first Chanel.. To make her life so much easier, if i give her this code:
A01112 Y01295 94305 -> is this mean M/L classic flap in Lambs skin with GHW (in black leather)?

or do i have to give her more specific code?

TIA

Dear Chanel experts, I need your help.. my sister is going to Paris in Dec and I'm asking her to buy my first Chanel.. To make her life so much easier, if i give her this code:
A01112 Y01295 94305 -> is this mean M/L classic flap in Lambs skin with GHW (in black leather)?

or do i have to give her more specific code?

TIA

I am not a Chanel expert, but every SA in Paris knows well the classic black flap M/L in lambskin with GHW (and many of them understand English well). Your sister shouldn't have any problem bringing home the right bag. Though, to make sure you may want to go with her. :biggrin:

Hi Chanbal.. hahaha.. good one.. i surely wish she takes me with her to Paris.. :biggrin:

thanks for the info.. :smile:

You can also print a picture of the bag from the internet and send it with your sister, if that makes you more comfortable. I still think that a trip to Paris makes sense :biggrin:, maybe next time!

chanbal, in that case, i have to nag my hubby to have holiday in europe.. :biggrin:

if u were to get second chanel bag, what would you choose, a big GST/PST or WOC/mini? any idea?

If the classic flap is going to be the first Chanel bag, I would choose a tote as the second bag. Totes are great for everyday use IMO. :smile:

I read about the existence of Chanel outlets in one of the threads. However, when I tried to find their addresses on the internet, I came across sites like 'http://www.chaneloutletonline-official.com/', which seem to be selling non-authentic bags in a very official manner. I wonder if those are bags that end up on ebay for sale as authentic. Pretty scary! :nogood: