Celine Le 16 Bag by Hedi Slimane

I used my Celine 16 for the second time today. I absolutely LOVE this bag but I noticed there’s already some scratches on the turn lock! Should I text the SA who helped me out? Is this something Celine would repair for free? Do the scratches look like a big deal? Is there any way to prevent these sort of scratches in the future?

Attachments

• DA5896ED-C2FB-450A-B959-68125C7C367E.jpeg
    DA5896ED-C2FB-450A-B959-68125C7C367E.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 101
I used my Celine 16 for the second time today. I absolutely LOVE this bag but I noticed there’s already some scratches on the turn lock! Should I text the SA who helped me out? Is this something Celine would repair for free? Do the scratches look like a big deal? Is there any way to prevent these sort of scratches in the future?
And for reference here is a photo of my bag on the day I got it (no scratches)

Attachments

• 8F52CEF3-2E43-4E4C-8E15-E196D58E0F3F.jpeg
    8F52CEF3-2E43-4E4C-8E15-E196D58E0F3F.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Wow
Reactions: Bereal
When I went in to ask about repairs I was told I could send in my bag but it would be sent to Paris and take a few months to come back.
I think scratches on the turn lock are inevitable. Was it rubbing against something?
Oh no, I wouldn’t want to be parted with my new bag for months! I had my purse hanging on a purse hook on a table and it fell to the ground (and this purse hook was very well rated on Amazon too!). The leather took zero beatings from the fall thank goodness. I’m not sure if the scratch came from that or from the turn lock scraping against the hardware when I would try to close the bag. It’s not a huge deal and I don’t think most people would notice but it’s frustrating it happened so fast.

Wow! Yes i agree. I think if they priced the Celine LE 16 at under $3000 US it would have sold a lot faster, it seems the high price deterred a lot of people from trying it out. I think both are really, really lovely bags. I think the new soft version is so perfect for everyday use, whilst the classic Le 16 is so chic and dressy.

Firstly, thank you for all the great pics on this thread and curating it as a resource! I’m interested in this bag and there’s not much out there about it so this has been helpful.

Count me as another person who is extremely frustrated at the price point. I like the small in satinated calfskin but $3850 is super annoying. Super nice, smooth leather SDJs are still under $3000 at this bag size, and the micro luggage in smooth leather is $3150… in a bigger and more popular bag.

Reactions: BlueCherry
How does everyone feel about this bag for a man?
I’ve been trying to decide between this and the large croc embossed Sac de Jour for a little while, and thought I’d get some opinions about which might be the better choice.
I’ve been a fan of Hedi Slimane for quite a while, and I wear a lot of his clothes, I’ve got long hair and some tattoos, just to give an idea of my general aesthetic.

Firstly, thank you for all the great pics on this thread and curating it as a resource! I’m interested in this bag and there’s not much out there about it so this has been helpful.

Count me as another person who is extremely frustrated at the price point. I like the small in satinated calfskin but $3850 is super annoying. Super nice, smooth leather SDJs are still under $3000 at this bag size, and the micro luggage in smooth leather is $3150… in a bigger and more popular bag.
I was like you very hesitant at paying such a high price. I got lucky and found two preloved. However, I realized I love this bag so much that I just bought a new navy blue from the store full price. When I looked at the price increases for other brands, Celine has not increased the price of this bag over two years now. I know because I’ve been wanting the navy blue and had not pulled the trigger. Finally bought it as it’s not available anywhere except two Nordstrom stores.
@Jack_Sparrow Ive seen the bigger versions and they look pretty cool. I have no personal experience. I love the quality of the small 16 so much. Leather is buttery soft. I have a Kelly 28 and I’ve realized I prefer this for the practicality of the opening.

How does everyone feel about this bag for a man?
I’ve been trying to decide between this and the large croc embossed Sac de Jour for a little while, and thought I’d get some opinions about which might be the better choice.
I’ve been a fan of Hedi Slimane for quite a while, and I wear a lot of his clothes, I’ve got long hair and some tattoos, just to give an idea of my general aesthetic.
I think it would be a great choice! I love the look of this bag and have considered one, and I like that it isn’t so everywhere. Though the SDJ is lovely, I prefer this bag. It sounds like with your aesthetic and the fact you wear his clothes, it would look great on you and fit right in To your style.

I'm a huge fan if anyone wearing anything/any bag they please if they love it and feel great rocking it. So a yes vote from me, and please share your decision. Would love to see!

I was like you very hesitant at paying such a high price. I got lucky and found two preloved. However, I realized I love this bag so much that I just bought a new navy blue from the store full price. When I looked at the price increases for other brands, Celine has not increased the price of this bag over two years now. I know because I’ve been wanting the navy blue and had not pulled the trigger. Finally bought it as it’s not available anywhere except two Nordstrom stores.
@Jack_Sparrow Ive seen the bigger versions and they look pretty cool. I have no personal experience. I love the quality of the small 16 so much. Leather is buttery soft. I have a Kelly 28 and I’ve realized I prefer this for the practicality of the opening.
I really like everything about the new softer version too, except that it doesn’t have a shoulder strap. My other bags have a shoulder strap and I think not having one would throw me off a bit, haha.

I think it would be a great choice! I love the look of this bag and have considered one, and I like that it isn’t so everywhere. Though the SDJ is lovely, I prefer this bag. It sounds like with your aesthetic and the fact you wear his clothes, it would look great on you and fit right in To your style.

I'm a huge fan if anyone wearing anything/any bag they please if they love it and feel great rocking it. So a yes vote from me, and please share your decision. Would love to see!
Yes! I totally agree about anyone wearing anything, I really love it too.
That’s really reassuring though, last time I was at a Celine the salesperson I shop with showed me the bag and I really loved it, but I believe it was the medium and it seemed a little small to me.
I’m going to Japan in two weeks and won’t how strong the dollar is against the yen right now, I’m thinking it would be a good time to pull the trigger…
I’ll definitely share my decision, too! Thanks very much!

Don’t they have shoulder straps? I just checked the medium and it seems to have shoulder straps.

View attachment 5626924
Ahh yes, I guess they do. I guess I meant more of a longer, detachable shoulder strap. I wish it had the lock as well, which might seem nit-picky, but I carry the box cartable briefcase right now, and I actually use the lock not infrequently.
08C66217-2CC8-4F1C-BA15-E59E2E2DD66D.jpeg

Reactions: DrTr and Bereal
Ahh yes, I guess they do. I guess I meant more of a longer, detachable shoulder strap. I wish it had the lock as well, which might seem nit-picky, but I carry the box cartable briefcase right now, and I actually use the lock not infrequently.
View attachment 5626928
That looks so nice. Yes the 16 positively does not have the office bag look or convenience. Not sure which brand may be suitable.

Reactions: Jack_Sparrow