Celine Le 16 Bag by Hedi Slimane

I think the medium Soft 16 would make a great work bag! I work 100% remotely now, so carrying a laptop was not my consideration, but I tested the bag with my 13" MacBook Pro for you.

View attachment 5740707
View attachment 5740709
As you can see in the photo, my laptop fits. Just barely, but it's not a tight squeeze, easy to get in and out. I don't think it would fit in a sleeve, though. I also have a large BV wallet, keys, gum, and a few lipsticks in there. The bag maintains its shape perfectly and is only a bit more stiff against the body. Still vey comfortable to carry on the shoulder. In the past I used my Ferragamo Sophia as a work bag, and I disliked how the weight of the laptop messed up the shape of the bag, which is not at all a problem with the Celine (photo below so you can see the difference).
View attachment 5740713
As for color, since I already have the Ferragamo in black, I did not try the 16 in black. The smooth leather is gorgeous in person, though. This gray is very versatile, warm-toned and with the very slightest rosy undertone, which I like. Looks good with both dark and light colors.

I hope this helps!
That def confirms the medium is the way to go. I’m in medicine and don’t always take my laptop home. Gorgeous bag.

Reactions: dottiebbb
Here is my Soft 16 medium in pebble, purchased while visiting Paris last week week.

View attachment 5740411
View attachment 5740395
View attachment 5740409
View attachment 5740392

I was not familiar with this bag before, but fell in love as soon as I tried it on. I feel the Soft 16 has an easy, low-key elegance. Also a sensible bag - comfortable to carry with a secure flap, roomy divided interior, classic non-trendy design, and superb quality. Plus the price was only 2120 euros after detax.

Pebble is a lovely soft, warm taupey-gray. I had a hard time deciding between this one and the smooth leather in safari, both are beautiful. I love this bag.
This is beautiful on you. Very elegant. Congratulations!

I am thinking about getting the medium as a work bag. I pretty much only carry a small laptop, lipstick, keys and a small strap wallet. Thoughts on the medium as a work bag? I am also stuck on the color decision. I have too many black bags yet I lean towards black. Thoughts on gray? Would love to see your medium bag?
I wanted to get a grey small as a work bag knowing it wouldn’t fit a laptop but there is not one to be found in Europe. The only color options are black and tan which I have too many bags in both those colors.

This is beautiful on you. Very elegant. Congratulations!
Thank you. :smile:
I wanted to get a grey small as a work bag knowing it wouldn’t fit a laptop but there is not one to be found in Europe. The only color options are black and tan which I have too many bags in both those colors.
That's too bad. I wonder why they do not offer the gray in small.
I ended up purchasing the medium in pebble After agonizing over the size and color. I will report back once it arrives.
Yay, exciting!!! I look forward to your report.

I also agonized between the pebble and safari (or trench, as the SA called it). The smooth leather is so beautiful, but ultimately I decided the pebble is more versatile and more my style. Such a beautiful color IRL.

16 small vs mini? Anyone have both and have a preference? Does the mini fit the iPhone pro max comfortably? TIA!
It fits, but not comfortably.

I only have the small but I was also unsure before and tried on both sizes in the store.

Immediately I loved the small one more than the mini but it may depend on individual preferences. For me the mini was a bit too small and I missed the feet from the small size.

New to this thread. Was wondering if the Celine 16 mini or small tophandle ever come in silver hardware? Ive been stalking the website and notice CELINE is mostly gold hardware. I do see a silver hardware currently but for the bigger classique size. I prefer the smaller versions since im petite at 5ft 2.

IMG_8373.jpeg

I recently bought the Classique (medium) size in dark blue to take to work-related or networking events. Have used it once at an event where I was mostly standing and found the strap to be a little short and awkward to wear on the shoulder or as a cross body for a few hours. I also found that to lift open the flap it’s a bit awkward to do when wearing the bag against the body because the handle is attached to the flap. The bag was also quite heavy when I had only my wallet and a plastic water bottle inside which also made wearing it with the strap uncomfortable.

Overall, I think it’s a good work/professional bag but not comfortable to use when standing for hours especially if using the strap. I think I’d take it out more if I knew I was going to be sitting for a good amount.