Celine Chitty-chat club!

You can move the strap so that the buckles are more towards the bag, if that makes sense. I used to wear mine so each buckle would be on either side of my shoulder, and yes, sometimes it would feel uncomfortable. But for me, my biggest problem was that the strap would always slide causing the buckles to move further down towards the bag. But after I decided to move the strap where the buckles would be closer to the bag itself, no problem. It may look weird at first, but I don't care. I do love my box! Aside from my Chanel classic flap, it is my second most cherished (and most expensive!) bag.

I watched tones of video on YT and everybody was suggesting the same as you said for the buckles! Since there was a price increase I don’t need to rush now [emoji21][emoji21][emoji21] [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

What about the leather? Is it very high maintenance? I heard different stories! What do you think? And I am also between the colors Black and Tan!!! Decisions Decisions [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

What about the leather? Is it very high maintenance? I heard different stories! What do you think? And I am also between the colors Black and Tan!!! Decisions Decisions
emoji38.png
emoji38.png
emoji38.png

I bought the teen black before the price increase (lucky me as the price increase is now about 10%).
Yes it does need some maintenance and precautions when you use it as the leather is not resistance to sharp nails and zip (i.e when you hold the bag be careful, and also do not wear with sharp zip as that would stratch the leather). I talked to SA a lot in the store and here is her advice

1.do not store the bag with strap together while not in use as the strap metal parts would scratch the bag. so remove the strap after use and put them in separate dust bags
2.when rolling the straps in its own dust bag, starting roll from the end with the metal part first because if you do the other way round the metal claps again might scratch the leather surface of the strap.
3.Celine provides complimentary leather care services (12 months after initial purchase and every 24 months afterwards)
4.Leather product wise you should can consider buying waterproof spray, leather cleaner and leather moisturiser for maintenance after all it is not a cheap bag and you want to make sure the leather stays in good condition. It is same for you owning a Chanel as if you never leather treat the bag the leather would get dirty or cracks after long time.

In terms of colour I pick black because I am a guy and find it easy to go with anything. If I were you as girl then would pick the camel (tan) colour as most bags of many brands are always black and that tan colour is really special and gorgeous on some outfits. I personally find the colour is not dark enough - I don't mind brown I normally go for more darker brown.

PS: Wait and buy it when the pandemic is over and get it for tax free - because that way you pay the same price before the tax increase after the refund!

Reactions: Yuki85
I bought the teen black before the price increase (lucky me as the price increase is now about 10%).
Yes it does need some maintenance and precautions when you use it as the leather is not resistance to sharp nails and zip (i.e when you hold the bag be careful, and also do not wear with sharp zip as that would stratch the leather). I talked to SA a lot in the store and here is her advice

1.do not store the bag with strap together while not in use as the strap metal parts would scratch the bag. so remove the strap after use and put them in separate dust bags
2.when rolling the straps in its own dust bag, starting roll from the end with the metal part first because if you do the other way round the metal claps again might scratch the leather surface of the strap.
3.Celine provides complimentary leather care services (12 months after initial purchase and every 24 months afterwards)
4.Leather product wise you should can consider buying waterproof spray, leather cleaner and leather moisturiser for maintenance after all it is not a cheap bag and you want to make sure the leather stays in good condition. It is same for you owning a Chanel as if you never leather treat the bag the leather would get dirty or cracks after long time.

In terms of colour I pick black because I am a guy and find it easy to go with anything. If I were you as girl then would pick the camel (tan) colour as most bags of many brands are always black and that tan colour is really special and gorgeous on some outfits. I personally find the colour is not dark enough - I don't mind brown I normally go for more darker brown.

PS: Wait and buy it when the pandemic is over and get it for tax free - because that way you pay the same price before the tax increase after the refund!

Thanks for the Tipps!! I love dark colors specially black or brown! And I usually also wear dark cloths.

I am from Europe and unfortunately can’t get any Tax back [emoji6]

Hi I have been wanting a Celine Trotteur bag for so long. I thought small would be ok, but how much can you actually fit into one? Perhaps a medium would be better.
So stylish, yet simple - a perfect design really.

Hi there
Can anyone tell me which leather in the Classic bag range ages and develops a rich patina the best? I'm torn between the anthracite or black box leather or the natural calfskin tan bag, but I think the tan would age better? I'd like it to look aged!

Can anyone who has the later versions of the medium big bag from "Old Celine" (or maybe even the earlier ones) confirm whether the small piece of leather on the flap that the belt goes through has double stitching to attach it to the flap or single thread stitching? I recently bought the textured canvas version of the medium big bag from Pre-Fall 2018 pre-owned and it has double stitching on that part and I am trying to confirm whether the double stitching is accurate as I've seen online that some look like they have single stitching and some have double but almost all the pictures make it impossible to tell without a doubt (especially when it comes to the "Old Celine" pieces). Thanks so much for any info in advance!

Took
Can anyone who has the later versions of the medium big bag from "Old Celine" (or maybe even the earlier ones) confirm whether the small piece of leather on the flap that the belt goes through has double stitching to attach it to the flap or single thread stitching? I recently bought the textured canvas version of the medium big bag from Pre-Fall 2018 pre-owned and it has double stitching on that part and I am trying to confirm whether the double stitching is accurate as I've seen online that some look like they have single stitching and some have double but almost all the pictures make it impossible to tell without a doubt (especially when it comes to the "Old Celine" pieces). Thanks so much for any info in advance!
took a pic of mine! Don’t know if it will help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: onepiece101
hello, maybe someone has celine cabas phantom in colour light charchoal? I understood that it is new color for this model? what is the difference from colour grey and cloud? I saw colour grey and cloud in real life and grey looks like quite dark grey, and cloud is very light grey, maybe light charcoal is middle grey between grey and cloud? if someone has real photos of light charchoal color please sent! I cant decide which colour to choose. it is interesting if light charcoal is real grey or it has some other colour hints?

hello, maybe someone has celine cabas phantom in colour light charchoal? I understood that it is new color for this model? what is the difference from colour grey and cloud? I saw colour grey and cloud in real life and grey looks like quite dark grey, and cloud is very light grey, maybe light charcoal is middle grey between grey and cloud? if someone has real photos of light charchoal color please sent! I cant decide which colour to choose. it is interesting if light charcoal is real grey or it has some other colour hints?

A quick quick use of the search function brought that thread up with photos of Light Charcoal :smile:

A quick quick use of the search function brought that thread up with photos of Light Charcoal :smile:

hello, I saw this discussion, however I still dont understand what is the difference from cloud, grey and light charcoal, maybe someone also has this color and could add more photos, thanks

Hello, I purchased the MINI VERTICAL CABAS CELINE IN TEXTILE WITH CELINE PRINT AND CALFSKIN from Gilt and I received the bag however it doesn't have a date code nor made in italy imprinted inside the bag. Do you guys think it's fake? Should I have authenticated? Not sure if Gilt is a trustworthy company after doing a google search.

Attachments

• IMG_3663.JPG
    IMG_3663.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi! I am considering purchasing a new Celine Sangle bucket bag. One of the reasons I love the bag is that it stands up on its own. Does anyone know if it retains its structure/shape after use? Thanks!