Need your advice! Celine Cabas Phantom (Small) - Light Charcoal, Taupe or Black?

S5864

Aug 9, 2020
I am thinking to buy a Celine Cabas Phantom (Small) but can't decide the color. I've brought it down to three options - Light Charcoal, Taupe, or Black. I tried them all in a store and would want to have a lighter color instead. Unfortunately they don't have any other options. I want something that's classy, timeless, and easy to mix and match with my work clothes. Black seems to be too understated to me, and Taupe looks too mature(?). I think the Light Charcoal has a blue/purple tint in real life but it could be the store's lighting. So far I'm thinking to go Light Charcoal but still struggling. Have you seen this color (it should be this season's new color), and what do you think about it?

Many thanks!

1597522587357.jpeg
How Light Charcoal looks on Celine's website.

1597522516560.png1597522546106.png
How Light Charcoal looks like in person.

I bought my cabas in light charcoal and this is STUNNING! Great middle grey. It's the bag on my profile. It's a bit lighter compared to my grey belt bag. I have no cons to say about the color and the bag.

Reactions: IntheOcean
OMG, they're all so gorgeous. I vote for all! Ha! Just bought a black one after wanting one for years. I have also eyed the taupe one for a long time, but that light charcoal is just beautiful. A great neutral that would stand out more than black and give a subtle punch to a neutral outfit!

I am thinking to buy a Celine Cabas Phantom (Small) but can't decide the color. I've brought it down to three options - Light Charcoal, Taupe, or Black. I tried them all in a store and would want to have a lighter color instead. Unfortunately they don't have any other options. I want something that's classy, timeless, and easy to mix and match with my work clothes. Black seems to be too understated to me, and Taupe looks too mature(?). I think the Light Charcoal has a blue/purple tint in real life but it could be the store's lighting. So far I'm thinking to go Light Charcoal but still struggling. Have you seen this color (it should be this season's new color), and what do you think about it?

Many thanks!

View attachment 4819793

View attachment 4819790View attachment 4819792
Which one did you buy at the end?

I use this as my work bag as well - I have black (I agree, there was something "mature" about taupe), but the light charcoal is lovely! I wish that had been an option when I bought mine. It's a workhorse - sturdy, keeps shape, etc. - and goes with assorted styles (dressy or not). You can't go wrong!

I bought my cabas in light charcoal and this is STUNNING! Great middle grey. It's the bag on my profile. It's a bit lighter compared to my grey belt bag. I have no cons to say about the color and the bag.
The Light Charcoal looks much lighter in your profile pic than in the photo above from the website. Is your profile pic a more lifelike rendition?

I would go with the Light Charcoal! I love the colors that Celine produces - they're different, but manage to still be subtle. I haven't seen this new color yet, but I own a Cabas tote in a light grey/blue color that I think has since been discontinued. It's still very neutral and the quality is great. I haven't noticed much wear on the bag despite it being a lighter color and heavy use (when I was still commuting).

Thanks for that nygrl. Would you consider the Light Charcoal a pale color that I’ll have to worry about denim transfer or dirt?

I haven't seen the color in person, but from the pictures above and the website, I would say the color is similar in paleness to my own tote, perhaps a bit darker actually. I used mine everyday for months while I commuted on the train in NYC and it still looks new, so dirt probably isn't a concern. As far as denim transfer, I'm not sure. I don't wear jeans much in general, but I've worn dark wool coats with my tote and I don't have any color transfer from that. Hope that helps!

Many thanks!

View attachment 4819793

View attachment 4819790View attachment 4819792
What did you decide?