cartier love bracelet: rose gold or yellow gold?

Yellow or rose

• Yellow

Votes: 46 50.0%
  • Rose

Votes: 46 50.0%

• Total voters
I had a yg love and gave it to my mom. I'm getting another yg soon and I like yg more cause it's classic and will never go. p/g is more of a fad to me, but just as everyone else said, it depends on your skin tone if that matters to you. I recently tried on a vca solid yg vs pg 10 motif necklace and the pg was so coppery, it felt like i was wearing copper, although it blended in with my skin, it was lost vs the yg just stood out more. cartier's pg is more subtle and hard to detect the difference unless compared side by side to yg. also to note, i am asian and quite pale.

Last edited:
i am so torn now. The first time i saw rose gold , it is very similiar with yellow gold. However, the next time it appears to whitish~~~

Go with an open mind, try each color on, and choose the one that makes you smile. There really isn't a bad choice. Don't over think this. I've had mine for over 5 years and I have no regrets about my color choice. Buy one, enjoy it and don't look back!

I had a yg love and gave it to my mom. I'm getting another yg soon and I like yg more cause it's classic and will never go. p/g is more of a fad to me, but just as everyone else said, it depends on your skin tone if that matters to you. I recently tried on a vca solid yg vs pg 10 motif necklace and the pg was so coppery, it felt like i was wearing copper, although it blended in with my skin, it was lost vs the yg just stood out more. cartier's pg is more subtle and hard to detect the difference unless compared side by side to yg. also to note, i am asian and quite pale.

Thank you!I agree the pink gold does not stand out on me. So probably yellow gold.

Go with an open mind, try each color on, and choose the one that makes you smile. There really isn't a bad choice. Don't over think this. I've had mine for over 5 years and I have no regrets about my color choice. Buy one, enjoy it and don't look back!

That is very well said. I always have a hard time make decision but do not regret afterwards.

I would say go with your gut feeling.

I tried very hard to like the yellow gold but just go for the rose everytime I try it on in person. Skin definitely have a lot to do with it.

Also i will throw this in if it matters or not but there are a lot of fakes out there for yellow and white gold however the fakers can never get cartier's rose gold color right because fakes always end up looking more copperish for the rose gold.

I don't care for rose gold worn with yellow gold pieces, because there's just not enough contrast to my eye. I like rose gold with white gold or platinum, if you are mixing metals. But you should get whatever you love and whatever will go best with your skin tone, other jewelry, and personal taste. Enjoy the bracelet!:smile:

I bought the rose love I find it looks great on everyone has the yellow so I wanted something different and it looks amazing against white gold I would like to get one more though not sure what color but I can't wait

The yellow and rose gold are very similar under normal lightings. I was gifted the bracelet in YG but have always wanted the one in rose gold, even contemplating on buying a second one in RG!! In my opinion, YG is much brighter and more striking whereas RG appeals to the females more I feel because of the lovely pinkish colour!

However a couple of weeks ago (just right after I collected my bracelet from polishing) for a split second (or a few mins actually) the lighting of the room made my bracelet looked really RG (although a lovely colour but a lil more dull than YG) and not the striking bright YG that I am used to seeing and my heart literally SUNK (thought that they had returned me the wrong bracelet!!) although in the end we did realised that it was due to the lighting in the room, this incident was what made me realised that YG :heart:is the right one for me! :roflmfao:

P.s. sorry for the long essay :smile:

Reactions: Mahmood
I would say go with your gut feeling.

I tried very hard to like the yellow gold but just go for the rose everytime I try it on in person. Skin definitely have a lot to do with it.

Also i will throw this in if it matters or not but there are a lot of fakes out there for yellow and white gold however the fakers can never get cartier's rose gold color right because fakes always end up looking more copperish for the rose gold.

I agree with u that's another reason I too went with rg I wanted people to know its the real deal also for me the pink stands for love that's another reason I chose it

So as many ladies suggested here...I went to the boutique and tried on both colors to decide which color look best on me......
Yellow gold: Pops out against my skin tone...
Rose gold: blend into my skin tone...

How do you choose your first love? Which would u purchase if you were me....?

Sorry for many questions....any comments would be appreciated. Thank you!!