Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Does anyone wear old screw system stacked with new screw system. Do they fit the same? I have two yellow gold size 17's, first one purchased December 2008 and the second July 2012 at BH catier store and the old screw system is 2mm smaller than new one. Trying to figure out if my old one was sized wrong. Cartier BH is being so uncooperative with an answer. They told me that maybe they were maybe measured differently with old screw system but have no definit answer :sad:
So annoying bc I want to stack them but the first one slides under the new and causes scratching. Anyway please please let me know if anyone has experience with new screw system and old screw system sizing. Trying to get to the bottom of this!

well, i went up to the istanbul store today to change my ring but they didnt want to arguing that it was bought in europe. I tried the larger size and it does fit better :sad:
I am really disappointed...... has anyone tried loosing up the the love ring manually? i mean like take it to the jeweler and have them try to enlarge it.. i do understan that i might distort the design but just a little bit would help in my case.
on the other hand i might ask a good friend to take it back to cartier madrid to try to change it there..

Does anyone wear old screw system stacked with new screw system. Do they fit the same? I have two yellow gold size 17's, first one purchased December 2008 and the second July 2012 at BH catier store and the old screw system is 2mm smaller than new one. Trying to figure out if my old one was sized wrong. Cartier BH is being so uncooperative with an answer. They told me that maybe they were maybe measured differently with old screw system but have no definit answer :sad:
So annoying bc I want to stack them but the first one slides under the new and causes scratching. Anyway please please let me know if anyone has experience with new screw system and old screw system sizing. Trying to get to the bottom of this!

I have one with the old system and one with the new - same size. They are identical in size and shape. How frustrating!

I'm a doctor and it just isn't practical for me to wear a bangle 24/7. My wrist shape meant the cuff was very comfortable on me. And I like the fact I can remove it if I'm doing something that could scratch it. Some people do romanticise the bangle which is fine but I am more pragmatic as a person.

I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS! I'm in school pursuing my medical profession........... And just bought my RG love bangle the past august... The fact that I wouldn't be able to wear this because of my profession totally did not register with me till now.... oh no!!!!!

I'm a doctor and it just isn't practical for me to wear a bangle 24/7. My wrist shape meant the cuff was very comfortable on me. And I like the fact I can remove it if I'm doing something that could scratch it. Some people do romanticise the bangle which is fine but I am more pragmatic as a person.

I have 2 cuffs and 1 bangle, I wouldn't say that one if more comfortable than the other. It was hard for me to get used to wearing the bangle all the time. I would say you should definitely consider the cuff, especially if you know going in that you need to take it off frequently!

well, i went up to the istanbul store today to change my ring but they didnt want to arguing that it was bought in europe. I tried the larger size and it does fit better :sad:
I am really disappointed...... has anyone tried loosing up the the love ring manually? i mean like take it to the jeweler and have them try to enlarge it.. i do understan that i might distort the design but just a little bit would help in my case.
on the other hand i might ask a good friend to take it back to cartier madrid to try to change it there..

That is probably the SA was hoping you would purchase a new ring.

In a few hours I am going out to look at in person and order me my newest bracelet. Here is the description that is directly from Cartier.

"18K pink gold bracelet set with 2 yellow and 2 pinksapphires, 2 green and 2 orange garnets, 2 amethysts."

This will be a fun bracelet.

Here are two pics I took in my car :cool: I'm still thinking about getting another one in a bigger size (this is a 17 and I'd like to get an 18) but I've gotten use to the 17. I've had it for just over 2 weeks now. :heart:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 803
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 808
In a few hours I am going out to look at in person and order me my newest bracelet. Here is the description that is directly from Cartier.

"18K pink gold bracelet set with 2 yellow and 2 pinksapphires, 2 green and 2 orange garnets, 2 amethysts."

This will be a fun bracelet.
I can't wait to see it! I love the multi coloured stones!

Good Morning TPFers! I wanted to show my size of the Love with diamonds just in case it helps anyone. My wrist is 14.5 or so. I also have very flexible hands, so I can wiggle out of a 17, but not a 16. So with that in mind I got a 17. Also 17 is the size of 3 diamond bangles I have in gold, white gold and pink. It is also the size of the Hermes clics. So even though I think a 16 would have been the "right size" I went with the 17. Pictures to follow.

View attachment 2051329

View attachment 2051330

View attachment 2051331

View attachment 2051332

View attachment 2051333

I think this size looks really good on you and comfortable which is very important. Looks so shiny and new with your shiny pink nails too:cool:

Here are two pics I took in my car :cool: I'm still thinking about getting another one in a bigger size (this is a 17 and I'd like to get an 18) but I've gotten use to the 17. I've had it for just over 2 weeks now. :heart:

That really looks great with your ring. The 2 jewelry pieces compliment each other. When I purchased my second bracelet the 2 bracelets complimented each other greatly. One YG and the other RG. Since then I purchased a WG diamond bracelet and recently a YG diamond bracelet.

I am heading out in a few minutes to look at and purchase another bracelet. 18K pink gold bracelet set with 2 yellow and 2 pinksapphires, 2 green and 2 orange garnets, 2 amethysts.