Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Hi, did Cartier ever produce a 9ct (375) version of the LOVE Bracelet? I've seen one for sale with 4 diamonds that looks authentic but I have never seen them retailed so no idea of a good price?

I am confused. Are you talking 9 karat gold content? I would not buy anything less than 18 karat gold. 9 karat really doesn't have any worth - real or not.

Hi guys, I have reading posts here for the longest time, but finally decided to share. Like many of you, I've wanted to buy a love bracelet for years. I am a guy by the way, and the bracelet was designed to be unisex. After A LOT of research, I came across a vintage one from 1969. Yes, 1969 (it's engraved). The year the bracelet was actually designed. I actually connected with the owner (who is in her 90s) and her assistant and there is actually a beautiful story to it. Frankly, I have no reason to believe it's a fake at all. Even the Cartier box itself smells that old (which to me is a good thing...love that vintage smell of objects that have had a prior life). Anyway I love that I found a piece with a story...the design is actually slightly different from the modern ones...it is slightly thinner and not as thick, which turns out I actually prefer for me. The modern design is beautiful in its own right, but I find it a little too square and "chunky" for me if that makes sense. Too blingy for me...I was afraid I'd look like a mobster with a substantial gold piece (I am Mediterranean and do have very hairy arms). Anyway, I love the story of it, the slightly different design and the fact that it is the old screw system...I've read about so many problems with the new screw...don't you guys think that things in the past were just better quality and built to last, as opposed to today? TVs, electronics all lasted decades...and now, not so much (capitalism at its finest...things do not last as much nowadays to makes us keep buying). I can't believe I am wearing a bracelet from 1969, the year Stonewall happened, the moon landing happened...and the designer Aldo Cipullo was still alive...and this is what he intended for the bracelet to look like. What do you think??? P.S.: Sorry about the long post...I have nobody to share my excitement with. My partner is sick of hearing me talk about it! :lol:

20201114_131702.jpg

20201114_131746.jpg

20201114_133209.jpg

Hi guys, I have reading posts here for the longest time, but finally decided to share. Like many of you, I've wanted to buy a love bracelet for years. I am a guy by the way, and the bracelet was designed to be unisex. After A LOT of research, I came across a vintage one from 1969. Yes, 1969 (it's engraved). The year the bracelet was actually designed. I actually connected with the owner (who is in her 90s) and her assistant and there is actually a beautiful story to it. Frankly, I have no reason to believe it's a fake at all. Even the Cartier box itself smells that old (which to me is a good thing...love that vintage smell of objects that have had a prior life). Anyway I love that I found a piece with a story...the design is actually slightly different from the modern ones...it is slightly thinner and not as thick, which turns out I actually prefer for me. The modern design is beautiful in its own right, but I find it a little too square and "chunky" for me if that makes sense. Too blingy for me...I was afraid I'd look like a mobster with a substantial gold piece (I am Mediterranean and do have very hairy arms). Anyway, I love the story of it, the slightly different design and the fact that it is the old screw system...I've read about so many problems with the new screw...don't you guys think that things in the past were just better quality and built to last, as opposed to today? TVs, electronics all lasted decades...and now, not so much (capitalism at its finest...things do not last as much nowadays to makes us keep buying). I can't believe I am wearing a bracelet from 1969, the year Stonewall happened, the moon landing happened...and the designer Aldo Cipullo was still alive...and this is what he intended for the bracelet to look like. What do you think??? P.S.: Sorry about the long post...I have nobody to share my excitement with. My partner is sick of hearing me talk about it! :lol:

View attachment 4915037

View attachment 4915038

View attachment 4915039

Gorgeous! I love how enthusiastic you are about the story behind it. This piece will be with you for life, just like it was for it's previous owner :biggrin: congratulations!

Hi guys, I have reading posts here for the longest time, but finally decided to share. Like many of you, I've wanted to buy a love bracelet for years. I am a guy by the way, and the br
Hi guys, I have reading posts here for the longest time, but finally decided to share. Like many of you, I've wanted to buy a love bracelet for years. I am a guy by the way, and the bracelet was designed to be unisex. After A LOT of research, I came across a vintage one from 1969. Yes, 1969 (it's engraved). The year the bracelet was actually designed. I actually connected with the ow

View attachment 4915037

View attachment 4915038

View attachment 4915039
correct me if I am wrong but where the pieces then plated with gold and not made with gold

correct me if I am wrong but where the pieces then plated with gold and not made with gold
Yes and no. I've done my fair share of research and the very earliest ones were indeed plated, but soon after Cartier started making them in solid gold. This one is a solid 18k piece...I even took it to a local jeweler to confirm. And in the 70s they also came up with a limited edition gold-plated one (Charles Revson)...that's why people have to be super careful when buying online. I have seen the Charles Revson edition being sold as if it's the real deal and sold for the same price as if it were a solid gold, but it's not. My mantra with big purchases is always, research, research, research!

View attachment 4915037

View attachment 4915038

View attachment 4915039
I love everything about this story! Congrats and wear it in good health! Oh, and welcome to the Cartier club ~ warning, it’s a slippery slope, lol.

View attachment 4915037

View attachment 4915038

View attachment 4915039
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing.

I love everything about this story! Congrats and wear it in good health! Oh, and welcome to the Cartier club ~ warning, it’s a slippery slope, lol.

Thank you! And I totally get what you are saying about the slippery slope. :smile: Saw pictures of Larry King rocking a white and yellow gold together and I am tempted to do the same already. He was already rocking the Love stacking waaaay before the Kardashians! :lol: Love when guys rock the love!

Congratulations and I’m so jealous of your 1969 piece!!! I bought my first two love bracelets with the new screw system and they have been giving me grief ever since. One fell off my wrist at home and I have to constantly check that they’re tight. Want to trade them for the old screw system!

Thank you! And I totally get what you are saying about the slippery slope. :smile: Saw pictures of Larry King rocking a white and yellow gold together and I am tempted to do the same already. He was already rocking the Love stacking waaaay before the Kardashians! :lol: Love when guys rock the love!