Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

So today, I looked at my wrist and my bracelet was gone!!!
Fortunately it had fallen into my purse...does this happen often? What can I do to keep this from happening again?
Check your screws! And definitely take it to Cartier for them to assess it. This happened to me a few times with my Rainbow Love when I was wearing big stacks with multiple Thin Loves, a Love Cuff, and JUC. I took it to Cartier twice. The first time, they checked the screws and told me to do the same at home. The second time, they kept my Love for a few weeks and performed some kind of test to check the bracelet. Weeks later when it was returned to me, apparently it passed the test and was deemed in working order which perplexed me since it had fallen off 3 times. Since this occurred it hasn’t fallen off or come loose once. So I’m not sure if it was magic, or if they actually did something to it and just didn’t disclose that info to me. As an extra precaution I try to minimize stacking multiples Loves to the extreme level that I was doing before but still have a pretty solid stack and am experiencing no issues. Hope this helps!

Check your screws! And definitely take it to Cartier for them to assess it. This happened to me a few times with my Rainbow Love when I was wearing big stacks with multiple Thin Loves, a Love Cuff, and JUC. I took it to Cartier twice. The first time, they checked the screws and told me to do the same at home. The second time, they kept my Love for a few weeks and performed some kind of test to check the bracelet. Weeks later when it was returned to me, apparently it passed the test and was deemed in working order which perplexed me since it had fallen off 3 times. Since this occurred it hasn’t fallen off or come loose once. So I’m not sure if it was magic, or if they actually did something to it and just didn’t disclose that info to me. As an extra precaution I try to minimize stacking multiples Loves to the extreme level that I was doing before but still have a pretty solid stack and am experiencing no issues. Hope this helps!
Thank you-- this is helpful! I was wearing it on a stack, but a loose stack. I will try to check the screws more often.

Reactions: Violet Bleu
Hi guys...hope you can help me here. I bought a preloved bracelet that was described as “like new” condition. I don’t want to go into too many details, but it’s the old screw system and I received it today. The edges look more rounded than the new screw system, which has sharper edges. The clasp insert also looks a little bent and it’s a little difficult to put on and take off. Sellers claims that this is a design difference between old and new systems. Is that true? Also, it appears that it looks slightly thinner in width compared to my new system bracelet I bought last year from the boutique. Was this bracelet polished many times for it to have more rounded edges and a slightly thinner look? This bracelet is from 2011. Thank you.

Hi guys...hope you can help me here. I bought a preloved bracelet that was described as “like new” condition. I don’t want to go into too many details, but it’s the old screw system and I received it today. The edges look more rounded than the new screw system, which has sharper edges. The clasp insert also looks a little bent and it’s a little difficult to put on and take off. Sellers claims that this is a design difference between old and new systems. Is that true? Also, it appears that it looks slightly thinner in width compared to my new system bracelet I bought last year from the boutique. Was this bracelet polished many times for it to have more rounded edges and a slightly thinner look? This bracelet is from 2011. Thank you.
post a photo

Reactions: HAllDay
The old screw system is the bangle with diamonds. The new screw system is the plain bangle.
The old screw system has rounded edges and the clasp looks a little bent to me. Are these characteristics of the old screw system?

View attachment 4822716

View attachment 4822717

View attachment 4822718

View attachment 4822719

Please show us pics of the actual screw area - outside and inside. Old system I have noticed have the screws somewhat raised from the actual item because I can only assume the screws are longer. We are not suppose to question "certain things" on this forum (if that is what you are asking for), but I am curious.

Rounded edges (which I can visibly see) would be an indication of polishing, which according to Cartier's website, gold items should only be polished 3x for the lifetime of the item as you lose gold weight - this applies to their watches which I would assume applies to all items that are gold.

Please show us pics of the actual screw area - outside and inside. Old system I have noticed have the screws somewhat raised from the actual item because I can only assume the screws are longer. We are not suppose to question "certain things" on this forum (if that is what you are asking for), but I am curious.

Rounded edges (which I can visibly see) would be an indication of polishing, which according to Cartier's website, gold items should only be polished 3x for the lifetime of the item as you lose gold weight - this applies to their watches which I would assume applies to all items that are gold.

Hi Chaton,

Oh sorry, I’m not sure what I’m not allowed to question on this forum. My only question is about the characteristics of the old screw system. My seller claims that the current love bracelets have sharper edges compared to the older bracelets. I don’t know why cartier would change the design from rounder to sharper edges. I wanted to see if people here who have had old and new systems can attest to the older screw bracelets indeed having softer edges compared to new screw bracelets, all things equal. Here’s a pic of my screws in the old screw system. Thank you.

09668576-B8A0-4E0A-89BD-98C3AAF06EC9.jpeg

D945EE47-43F8-4F9F-B2B1-F4F08CFB4C2A.jpeg

Hi Chaton,

Oh sorry, I’m not sure what I’m not allowed to question on this forum. My only question is about the characteristics of the old screw system. My seller claims that the current love bracelets have sharper edges compared to the older bracelets. I don’t know why cartier would change the design from rounder to sharper edges. I wanted to see if people here who have had old and new systems can attest to the older screw bracelets indeed having softer edges compared to new screw bracelets, all things equal. Here’s a pic of my screws in the old screw system. Thank you.

View attachment 4822819

View attachment 4822821

You don't have to reveal the serial number. I just wanted to take a look at the screw from the inside, which I can't see properly. Also, in 2011 the new screw system was introduced; however, you state this bracelet is from 2011 with the old screw system.

Reactions: ShadowComet
Hi, I realized I posted my question in a sub-thread, and might be more likely to get a response here.
Do any of you shop at King of Prussia? My previous SA left, but I’d be interested to stay with this boutique since I can go in person once a year when we visit relatives. Otherwise I do virtual orders, which is less fun for my personal taste. I worked with someone last time but I can’t find her phone number, I think her name was Susan? I’d like to place another order this week before the price increase.
Also, to answer the other poster, I have 3 ages of Love bracelets, all 3 versions look slightly different in terms of screws. If the corners are very round, it has likely been recently polished.

Hi, I realized I posted my question in a sub-thread, and might be more likely to get a response here.
Do any of you shop at King of Prussia? My previous SA left, but I’d be interested to stay with this boutique since I can go in person once a year when we visit relatives. Otherwise I do virtual orders, which is less fun for my personal taste. I worked with someone last time but I can’t find her phone number, I think her name was Susan? I’d like to place another order this week before the price increase.
Also, to answer the other poster, I have 3 ages of Love bracelets, all 3 versions look slightly different in terms of screws. If the corners are very round, it has likely been recently polished.

I answered in the other thread but just in case it gets lost in the mix ~
Meg Clemmer at KOP is awesome!

I’ve always admired your collection! What are you stacking these days? I am pretty much wearing all yg with a pg JUC but feel like I need to add a little wg to my wrist. I regret selling my small wg love. Would love your opinion!!