Capsule hermes bag collection

I would also like to have just 10 bags but I find it difficult. I currently have 13 and feel like all my needs are covered. I’m still looking to swap out one bag I currently own for another. I think most of us will do this for the rest of our lives lol as our needs change.

To me, a capsule collex has
1-2 clutches
1-2 crossbody bags
3-4 daybags that can transition day to night
1-2 workhorse totes
1-2 fun pop color bags that make your heart sing

I agree, your collex is well-rounded already. A Medor or Egee clutch or a Kelly Cut would be a lovely addition for special evenings.
Assuming since you carry a Macbook everywhere you have a laptop bag that you carry in addition to your H bags? Or do you slide your MBP into your Evelynes? You don't have a large bag/workhorse tote but I'm guessing from your wishlist that is personal preference. Otherwise I'd suggest GP or B35.

What do you carry when just running out the door on a weekend? Always a Kelly or Evie PM? This is where I like the Evelyne TPM, more casual (and carefree) than a Kelly, smaller than the PM, easy crossbody throw-on.

I like MYH's capsule list, you should also check out @Rami00 's threads on editing her collection.

I like your current collection as it already seems well-rounded to me.
However I would like to add a clutch. Sure it is not a style used on a daily/weekly basis by most of us but I feel that (at least for me that is the case) once I had one I would start using it.

Thank you! Yes a clutch seems like a real need for me! I’m thinking a jige in a light color like argile or Gris Perle

Hello, my dear. I love all of your wish list bags, and after our recent discussion, I think you can't really get rid of any of them. I'd love to see you add a Jige or an Egee to your list. :P:loveeyes:

Why thank you darling! Yesss I need them all hahaha

I would also like to have just 10 bags but I find it difficult. I currently have 13 and feel like all my needs are covered. I’m still looking to swap out one bag I currently own for another. I think most of us will do this for the rest of our lives lol as our needs change.

1-2 clutches
1-2 crossbody bags
1-2 workhorse totes

Thanks for this insight. I do have a couple of other bags that are not H in my closet for example work bags include 1 LV tote, 1 goyard tote. Based on your advice I’ll need to add a clutch or two. I think with my wishlist and current collection I could mostly cover the other categories you’ve mentioned. I find myself also needing an everyday non H bag for random school events and such.

I agree, your collex is well-rounded already. A Medor or Egee clutch or a Kelly Cut would be a lovely addition for special evenings.
Assuming since you carry a Macbook everywhere you have a laptop bag that you carry in addition to your H bags? Or do you slide your MBP into your Evelynes? You don't have a large bag/workhorse tote but I'm guessing from your wishlist that is personal preference. Otherwise I'd suggest GP or B35.

What do you carry when just running out the door on a weekend? Always a Kelly or Evie PM? This is where I like the Evelyne TPM, more casual (and carefree) than a Kelly, smaller than the PM, easy crossbody throw-on.

I like MYH's capsule list, you should also check out @Rami00 's threads on editing her collection.

Thank you. I’ll start looking at colors I would like in a clutch! I do have a goyard tote and a LV tote for my laptop and work docs. If I’m just running out I grab an evelyne pm in either color depending on if I want neutral or pop. I also have 2 Gucci disco crossbody that I wear at time but my teen daughter has taken both of them :lol::lol: ive considered a garden party for a work bag. Maybe it’s time to add.

1-2 clutches
1-2 crossbody bags
1-2 workhorse totes

This is good because it gives a rationale for a target number of bags.
The breakdown won't work for everyone, but it is a good starting point.
it also helps you focus on what you have and what you really need.
Even if you have decided , nothing is set in stone!

Reactions: noegirl
This is good because it gives a rationale for a target number of bags.
The breakdown won't work for everyone, but it is a good starting point.
it also helps you focus on what you have and what you really need.
Even if you have decided , nothing is set in stone!

Great points! I feel like if I am to add a clutch then I certainly have some wiggle room on color and hardware, same in terms of color for a garden party. I do think I will swap the k32 for a black B rghw

You built the lifestyle practicality in your collection which means you already put a lot of thought into this. No wonder you have such a seasoned collection. I have been through owning different colors and styles of bags, after many errors, live and learn - finally figured the ones that really work for me. I have edited my collection from a very conservative corporate world to running my own company.
Everyday bags
Birkin 30 RC
Birkin 30 Gold
Chanel reissue (black)
Going out bags
K20 exotic in braise
Chanel mini (navy blue/silver)
Jigé (neutral)

My rationale to build this capsule collection “ not to duplicate any bag style”, I don’t require my favorite bag in every color or leather, I just don’t. I have been thinking of getting rid of one B30 (extremely hard decision) and replacing it with an exotic version or even with K25 because I have an option now to carry it.. every day, if I wanted to. Woo hoo! I noticed that you have the Classic H colors on your wish list, perfect way to go, Jigé would be a great addition (I love mine) but before getting one, how about checking out Kelly pochette and Kelly cut as well (personally I am not a fan of these styles, at all).
Do you really need two Evelynes?

Last edited:
You built the lifestyle practicality in your collection which means you already put a lot of thought into this. No wonder you have such a seasoned collection. I have been through owning different colors and styles of bags, after many errors, live and learn - finally figured the ones that really work for me. I have edited my collection from a very conservative corporate world to running my own company.
Everyday bags
Birkin 30 RC
Birkin 30 Gold
Chanel reissue (black)
Going out bags
K20 exotic in braise
Chanel mini (navy blue/silver)
Jigé (neutral)

My rationale to build this capsule collection “ not to duplicate any bag style”, I don’t require my favorite bag in every color or leather, I just don’t. I have been thinking of getting rid of one B30 (extremely hard decision) and replacing it with an exotic version or even with K25 because I have an option now to carry it.. every day, if I wanted to. Woo hoo! I noticed that you have the Classic H colors on your wish list, perfect way to go, Jigé would be a great addition (I love mine) but before getting one, how about checking out Kelly pochette and Kelly cut as well (personally I am not a fan of these styles, at all).
Do you really need two Evelynes?

Thank you! I have such admiration for your collection! You make some great points... I do not need two Evelynes... I have considered letting go of the Gris Asphalte but often make an excuse about loving the color and being able to dress the bag up a bit with a different strap. I have tried the Jige on in several colors... I am leaning toward something light such as Gris Perle or argile. I do find that I do not reach for the k32 or the GA Evelyne at all, so that likely makes the decision for me. You've given me good food for thought.

Reactions: Rami00
I think you have covered the daily needs for bag rotation @noegirl . And I do agree with everyone here you need a clutch since you mention you do go out in the evening.

Have you consider bolide? As from what I see you prefer hands free bag.

Yes a clutch is def needed I can see... I am excited now about choosing one! I have considered a bolide several times especially for a work bag. Now you have me thinking!

Just curious why there’s no Constance on your wishlist... usually that’s one of the top in anyone’s wishlist. But also agree on a Jige!

The constance strap I feel sits at a weird place on me and cannot go crossbody. I like the comfort of knowing I can add an extender on the Roulis.

I agree with the advice of adding a clutch. I have a kelly Pochette, but for me it is nicer for summer days with a dress vs formal wear so I still struggled to find the right clutch. It sounds like you love the Jige, but perhaps try a couple additional styles before purchasing. I tried the Jige and Medor, both were tempting because of great colors but I just thought I could not comfortably carry a clutch so I would not use them often. I happened to try an Egee and was shocked at how effortlessly I could hold it under my arm and can do so for the whole evening. I would have never guessed until I tried it. It’s a very ergonomic shape.
My advice is to make sure the clutch you choose is comfortable to carry, both by hand and under the arm. It’s nice to have hands free all evening for food and drinks while standing. On the other hand, formal attire often has beading that may damage a clutch, so it is nice to have an option to comfortably carry the clutch by hand for long periods if needed.

Reactions: jbags07
Thank you! I have such admiration for your collection! You make some great points... I do not need two Evelynes... I have considered letting go of the Gris Asphalte but often make an excuse about loving the color and being able to dress the bag up a bit with a different strap. I have tried the Jige on in several colors... I am leaning toward something light such as Gris Perle or argile. I do find that I do not reach for the k32 or the GA Evelyne at all, so that likely makes the decision for me. You've given me good food for thought.

If the main reason you're keeping the second evelyne is for the color, perhaps consider getting the jige in gris a instead, since it is still a fairly light neutral you already know you love.