Capsule hermes bag collection

What a useful thread:

I have tried a few bags, except the famous B and K and the Bolide but have come to the conclusion that I need either a K 35 or Bolide 35 for work (shoulder strap) and then get a K 32 for non-work outings.
the B would be a 30 and only if I ever really think I have to have it.

I like the idea of a casual bag but the Evelyne does not work for me and the Double Sens I had in black and it was too dull. I may think about getting it in a nice colour - I have kids so I need to be able to put it on my shoulder. I am constantly torn on the GP to be honest.

None of the other bag styles appeal to me personally or would work for my needs, so I guess this is what I consider my idea of a capsule collection.

Reactions: pinkispunk
love this thread and reading the H ladies' thoughts and opinions...
I think its really catered to one's lifestyle... aka well curated handbag collection..
Im also in the same boat for the past 4 years and still not done as my needs/ tastes evolve as I do my editing...

But what drew me to H was the kelly bag..- hence i feel you need 2 of these a big retourne one for casual use and a smaller more formal sellier for formal / evening out.

I added a toile bolide - loved the shape/ safety of the zipper and hands free option( i have 3 kids) so perfect for work and travel as well..

Massai - as it can fit inside my coat during rainy days and when watching concerts

Lindy - haven't used mine , but what drew me to this bag is its " clean simple lines and laid back look" maybe it will tone down some of my weekend attire ( printed pants and bohemian boots)

Birkin: no need for this yet.. but when i take the leap , it will probably be for work so the bigger, the better one 35 and one 40 to fit my notes/ journals and maybe either ipad/ laptop....

I don't think i will need a jypsiere, a picotin or a constance ( have a beloved red celine box) or garden party at this time...

The evelyne i have resisted forever.. as im not a big fan of the open top/ lack of zipper... but being outdoors with my kids all the time.. i think im going to jump on at least one...

i see you have young kids .. hope this helped...

And please do take pictures of your collection... :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: jbags07
For me, my lifestyle requires a range of styles from very casual to more formal.

Kelly cut for more formal events
BBK for work, luncheons and less formal evening events
Brightly colored K28 retourne to add pop of color to both work and more casual clothes
neutral colored birkin for days when needing a tote
lindy in favorite color for comfortable casual bag and travel bag

The other thing that I took into consideration when I started down the H route ( wonderful as it is.. But it's a slippery one way path) was building a useful and timeless collection to leave to my daughter. Hence looking at bags that would last (she's only 3!) and will remain classic... I have read in some of the closed threads that this is something that quite a few of us would/will do in the future.

Reactions: CMilly
love this thread and reading the H ladies' thoughts and opinions...
I think its really catered to one's lifestyle... aka well curated handbag collection..
Im also in the same boat for the past 4 years and still not done as my needs/ tastes evolve as I do my editing...

I completely agree, I think this collection will evolve as I do and my needs change.

But what drew me to H was the kelly bag..- hence i feel you need 2 of these a big retourne one for casual use and a smaller more formal sellier for formal / evening out.

Agree. Although most of more formal functions I do with a small clutch

And please do take pictures of your collection... :smile:

I am currently trying to. However I am tech hopeless and when I try to post links... Somehow they don't work.

Hi ladies,

I'm really curious about how do you choose your next bag and how do you build you h collection.

Do you have a wishlist? Do you consider more what you "need" for your lifestyle or what your heart desire at the moment? For me, I would say, it's a mix of the 2. I love pink and at the moment I would love to have an azalee birkin.
Some of my friends planned in advance what kind of colors they wanted in their collection, others just buy what they need. Someone prefers certain colors and have multiple bags in that color scale, others prefer to have all different colors. It's a very personal choice, but I think it's fascinating how everyone makes different choices.

So, How do you choose?? What do you think about it?

Thank you
xxx

Hi ladies,

I'm really curious about how do you choose your next bag and how do you build you h collection.

Do you have a wishlist? Do you consider more what you "need" for your lifestyle or what your heart desire at the moment? For me, I would say, it's a mix of the 2. I love pink and at the moment I would love to have an azalee birkin.
Some of my friends planned in advance what kind of colors they wanted in their collection, others just buy what they need. Someone prefers certain colors and have multiple bags in that color scale, others prefer to have all different colors. It's a very personal choice, but I think it's fascinating how everyone makes different choices.

So, How do you choose?? What do you think about it?

Thank you
xxx

Hi! For me it is a combo of both. I look at the new colors and think about what I don't have in my closet. I have slowly build a varied collection on size, color and style, each time picking a bag that has a specific function in a a specific leather, a bag that has limited function but has a definite and specific purpose (very small B or K for those special occasions) or is in a color that I know I can't live without! H will do that to you. I enjoy thinking about my next bag and visualizing it in my wardrobe!

I have also found not to set my sights in stone. These acquisitions take time and you need to be nimble to pounce on the unexpected offer!

Have fun and enjoy your next big orange box!

Reactions: bagalogist
I've ordered bags before and have sometimes waited literally years. I'm a patient person but I can't spend my (shopping) life like that. Now I have some nice bags (and have very little room for any more) I see what comes in and what's available (and when). No good driving myself mad.

I buy what my heart desires. My first H is a BBK 32 with GHW. I decided to order this as my graduation gift as it would be a timeless classic. I didn't need it at all, being 22 back then (and still don't "need" it in that sense as I have a very casual lifestyle), but am very glad I have it in my collection. Afterwards I wanted a B and it took me 2 years to get offered my first one as a walk-in. Back then all I wanted was a B in a strong colour, preferentially a turquoise shade. I was offered an Ultraviolet, which I immediately took as it had the perfect balance between neutral and pop colour and I still couldn't believe I finally scored a B... My third (Evelyne) was actually quite a spontaneous purchase. At that time I've been lusting for a turquoise B for a long long time and Bleu Izmir was the current obsession. When I saw an Evie in that colour online at H I had to have it... it's probably my most used H as it is so practical, but my heart was still not quite happy as I missed my UHG, a turquoise B in my life. Well, 5 months ago I finally got very very lucky at FSH... see my avatar lol.

But as mentioned, the orange slope is slippery :P while I adore my UHG and use it as much as possible it's not the most practical, being a B and quite heavy. So I'm currently eyeing a pre-loved Evie in a certain leather, which would be perfect for travelling... no real need again, as I could use the other Evie lol

Interesting topic will love to hear more journeys...

Wished i gave it more thought when i started buying bags. I used to JUMP AT every bag that was offered by my SA haha. It took alot of trial and error (couple of costly ones) to finally figure out what style and importantly SIZE work for me. As for color... used to want to own a rainbow of H colors but realise some colors just sat in the wardrobe. Sometimes a popular and "hot" color that looks fab on others just didnt get used. So i am one of those who buy different bags in the same color esp neutrals like black, etoupe, gris t etc that i know i will reach for all the time. I love pop colors as well but am more specific in terms of which bag i want in those colors.

Now i know which style/size works guess my wishlist is whichever color sings to me every season. I will play with the color in the store for a few times before deciding. Love variety of colors in the same bag style and confess i cannot stop at a set number of bags so the wishlist is never ending. My latest deliberation/wishlist is...... malachite. :biggrin:

I first went for the color. After buying LV for so many years, it was refreshing to have all these colors at my fingertips. So, I first bought all the colors I wanted, many times from resellers as the nearest boutique was several hours away, and they had what I wanted. Eventually, I transitioned to functional use, meaning what will work for my lifestyle and let me carry what I need to carry from situation to situation. Made a few mistakes, ones I loved in pictures didn't work in real world application [emoji17]. I find now the pop colors I craved in the early days don't much appeal to me anymore, and like several others have noted, I tend to pick neutrals and more muted colors these days. The brighter shades tend to come out on certain occasions, but the neutral ones come out more frequently. I chalk it up to rebelling against a lot of brown from my LV days lol.

Hi! For me it is a combo of both. I look at the new colors and think about what I don't have in my closet. I have slowly build a varied collection on size, color and style, each time picking a bag that has a specific function in a a specific leather, a bag that has limited function but has a definite and specific purpose (very small B or K for those special occasions) or is in a color that I know I can't live without! H will do that to you. I enjoy thinking about my next bag and visualizing it in my wardrobe!

I have also found not to set my sights in stone. These acquisitions take time and you need to be nimble to pounce on the unexpected offer!

Have fun and enjoy your next big orange box!
Me too! I visualize bags too!
I love to think about it days after days.. :smile: