Cambon line..still in?

For some reason i cant quote a message so im just going to paste in onto here:

Joey Beans
I really like this line although I do have a few gripes, those of which you ladies have been discussing....

I bought myself the large black tote with the white cc's a few months after it came out, I thought it was perfect for me since I tend to dress a little more edgy but still dress casually a lot of the time. HOWEVER, I am on the younger side (in my 20's) and I can't say that the fakes don't bother me. I know I shouldn't care as long as I know it's the real deal - but since this FAKEDEMIC I find myself putting on my more expensive jewelry or other expensive clothing or shoes to more clearly display that it IS authentic...

This is embarassing to admit and I hope this doesn't come across as shallow or contrived but I'm being honest :shame: can any cambon wearers relate ??

Oh and another thing that perhaps fuels these feelings of mine is that I find myself questioning whether I can actually distinguish fakes (not the obvious ones) - I wonder how accurate our snap judgements really are ??

Anyways, sorry for rambling... I'm just a little sad because this is my only chanel bag and I really enjoy her... I kind of wish I had the patent black/black combo as it doesn't seem to be as ripped off.... sigh...

Joey Beans i can completly relate to you!!! Sometimes i tend to wear other high end things to make it seem like im not carrying a big ol fake in my arms. I dont think its shallow at all! I just feel that since i acutally spent the money to get a real bag (not that its about the money), but i would just hate to be lumped into that category with the rest of the fakers.

I recently fell in love with Cambon bags and have bought two in the past few months.

I don't care if it's "in" or "out," I love them and will rock them! :biggrin: Similarly, I don't care about all the fakes. I know mine are real, and so does anyone who knows Chanel.

also, It Bag status mainly pertains to a bag when it first comes out, and the
"title" is bestowed on it by the media because of celebrities, socialites, etc. . the Cambon bags were huge It Bags, but imo, now they are It Bag Alumni!

This is so cute!!! What a great way of putting it. :smile:

it has not been discontinued.

I was just in my local Chanel store last week talking to two SA's about the cambon line, (which they no longer carry) one SA told me that the Chanel boutiques were no longer going to carry them, but that department stores still would and another SA told me that they are in fact going to be discontinuing it...... so :shrugs: who knows.

Then yesterday I did see a cambon tote at Niemans, but only after asking a SA if they still had it, in which she had to go in the back to get one!

Either way I thinks its a great bag, I still love it.

I really like this line although I do have a few gripes, those of which you ladies have been discussing....

I bought myself the large black tote with the white cc's a few months after it came out, I thought it was perfect for me since I tend to dress a little more edgy but still dress casually a lot of the time. HOWEVER, I am on the younger side (in my 20's) and I can't say that the fakes don't bother me. I know I shouldn't care as long as I know it's the real deal - but since this FAKEDEMIC I find myself putting on my more expensive jewelry or other expensive clothing or shoes to more clearly display that it IS authentic..

Anyways, sorry for rambling... I'm just a little sad because this is my only chanel bag and I really enjoy her... I kind of wish I had the patent black/black combo as it doesn't seem to be as ripped off.... sigh...

The patent black/black combo is the one I have! WE definitely have the same taste in bags!!! :jammin:
And I completely agree with what you said above! :yes: The fakes REALLY bother me!

For those long time Cambon tote owners, how do the bags wear? It is made of calf leather, correct? I'm used to caviar leather, and am thinking of getting a black/patent CC large tote, but wondering if I'd destroy it fairly quickly with daily use? Thanks so much!

I was just in my local Chanel store last week talking to two SA's about the cambon line, (which they no longer carry) one SA told me that the Chanel boutiques were no longer going to carry them, but that department stores still would and another SA told me that they are in fact going to be discontinuing it...... so :shrugs: who knows.

Then yesterday I did see a cambon tote at Niemans, but only after asking a SA if they still had it, in which she had to go in the back to get one!

Either way I thinks its a great bag, I still love it.

I was told that they were going to discontinue the cambron line too exactly when I'm not sure..

there's a lot of contrary info out there. . .
I alwyas get the answer of "no, not discontinued, we'll continue to get black/black and beige/beige items"
Plus they're listed as a Classic on chanel.com:shrugs:

yeah, why would they be listed as classics if they are going to be discontinued? the ones listed as classic are black with black c's....maybe they will just keep that one tone look in production