Cambon line..still in?

I love my black patent on black large tote. The pink lining is so fun--it makes the black bag still look so right in the spring and summer. It is the most comfortable tote I've ever carried. I sold my first one because I was sick of seeing so many fakes and also thought I might be too old for it (I'm in my mid 40s--yikes), but I bought it back. I'll never give it up now.

i sold mine and had such bad sellers regret that i rebought on ebay, brand new with the last price tag on it, of $3,175!!!! also of course, all the papers, tags, store tag, etc. (i paid $1690). i think its classic with a young, edgey feel, and magnificent. :heart: It!!!

also, It Bag status mainly pertains to a bag when it first comes out, and the "title" is bestowed on it by the media because of celebrities, socialites, etc. . the Cambon bags were huge It Bags, but imo, now they are It Bag Alumni! if you can find it and you love it, get it! MY SA at NM said she has a customer who has bought 10 Chanels from her this year alone, and the one the customer always carries when my SA sees her, is her Reporter!! :flowers:

I really like this line although I do have a few gripes, those of which you ladies have been discussing....

I bought myself the large black tote with the white cc's a few months after it came out, I thought it was perfect for me since I tend to dress a little more edgy but still dress casually a lot of the time. HOWEVER, I am on the younger side (in my 20's) and I can't say that the fakes don't bother me. I know I shouldn't care as long as I know it's the real deal - but since this FAKEDEMIC I find myself putting on my more expensive jewelry or other expensive clothing or shoes to more clearly display that it IS authentic...

This is embarassing to admit and I hope this doesn't come across as shallow or contrived but I'm being honest :shame: can any cambon wearers relate ??

Oh and another thing that perhaps fuels these feelings of mine is that I find myself questioning whether I can actually distinguish fakes (not the obvious ones) - I wonder how accurate our snap judgements really are ??

Anyways, sorry for rambling... I'm just a little sad because this is my only chanel bag and I really enjoy her... I kind of wish I had the patent black/black combo as it doesn't seem to be as ripped off.... sigh...

I was intrigued with the line when it first came out. I thought the flats were really cute.

I seen the multipocket bag in black at the chanel boutique at Tyson's Corner, VA.

On the website, under the classics tab, the cambon bag (one of them) is apparently still available.

I think that Karl should come back with the Cambon, but make it edgier. kwim?

Wow, the original post dates to 2007. At this point, nearing the second quarter of 2008, I think it's safe to say that the original incarnation of the Cambon is one of the primary reasons Chanel suddenly feels like it needs to become more exclusive... every teenager has a real or fake Cambon. To address the OP's question, I think you would be better off with an updated version of the more recent Cambons.