Calling All TPF Hermes Forum HORSE WOMEN HELLO WHO ARE YOU?

Great thread docride and fabulous boots!
These days I ride Camargue horses, going for hikes in the Garrigue.
I wouldn't want to own one, so it's very lucky that there are so many of them in the area where we live. Makes the owners happy too!

Horse lover here!

Have loved horses my whole life - but as a city girl, it was always very hard for me to get out there and ride. I used to spend my 2 month summer vacations at horse camp - eventually at a pony club in the Loire valley of France (it was actually much cheaper to ship me off there for 2 months than to ride locally!). Got a pony when I turned 11. Nothing glamorous - my mother bought a 19 year old QH from one of her clients for $1, on condition that we'd sell her back when I outgrew her. Which I did, within a couple of years.

Rode hunter/jumper, and then dressage (hence: PIAFFE!).

Diagnosed with chronic rheumatoid arthritis in 2003, and am no longer able to ride at all (wrists and elbows are extremely weak).

Have always been artistic, and have channelled my love of horses into horse art. There is a whole hobby out there of people who collect model horses (and actually show them at model horse shows!) - I have made and sold several sculptures to collectors. I've attached some photos to show you what I mean... first 4 photos depict creation process of a sculpture (that one is about 3" tall - a Boulonnais mare I called "Jospehine") - 5th photo shows a finished sculpture, painted and ready to be sold (which it was - that one stands about 9" - QH stallion). I actually funded my first H bag with proceeds from the sale of sculptures!

Anyhow - have a job, toddler and am 39 weeks pregnant - haven't sculpted anything in a while.

Attachments

• art1.jpg
    art1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 55
  • art2.jpg
    art2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 55
  • art3.jpg
    art3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 44
  • art4.jpg
    art4.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 58
  • horseart.jpg
    horseart.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 70
Oh Ladies this is wonderful I am so glad to see so many posts this morning! And the photos are wonderful! Thank you all for the great stories as well! I hope many of you will touch base and share a bit more deeply for it. Cheers everyone! Have a great day! Hugs to all of you!

Horse lover here!

Have loved horses my whole life - but as a city girl, it was always very hard for me to get out there and ride. I used to spend my 2 month summer vacations at horse camp - eventually at a pony club in the Loire valley of France (it was actually much cheaper to ship me off there for 2 months than to ride locally!). Got a pony when I turned 11. Nothing glamorous - my mother bought a 19 year old QH from one of her clients for $1, on condition that we'd sell her back when I outgrew her. Which I did, within a couple of years.

Rode hunter/jumper, and then dressage (hence: PIAFFE!).

Diagnosed with chronic rheumatoid arthritis in 2003, and am no longer able to ride at all (wrists and elbows are extremely weak).

Have always been artistic, and have channelled my love of horses into horse art. There is a whole hobby out there of people who collect model horses (and actually show them at model horse shows!) - I have made and sold several sculptures to collectors. I've attached some photos to show you what I mean... first 4 photos depict creation process of a sculpture (that one is about 3" tall - a Boulonnais mare I called "Jospehine") - 5th photo shows a finished sculpture, painted and ready to be sold (which it was - that one stands about 9" - QH stallion). I actually funded my first H bag with proceeds from the sale of sculptures!

Anyhow - have a job, toddler and am 39 weeks pregnant - haven't sculpted anything in a while.
Piaffe, Oh your sculptures are absolutely marvelous! Thank you so much for sharing! I am so sorry to hear about your RA terrible stuff that one..DM has it also.....
Your wonderful pregnancy might be actually keeping it at bay no? I hope so:smile:
Were you by chance in Northern France??? Hugs 2 U !

Have a good day Docride. I love your red boots;I am still looking for the perfect red pair!

Piaffe-Great sculpture. I am just north of Toronto.
When I return we should have a Toronto Purse Forum meet.
Of course after you have your new baby! Best Wishes To You.

Great thread docride and fabulous boots!
These days I ride Camargue horses, going for hikes in the Garrigue.
I wouldn't want to own one, so it's very lucky that there are so many of them in the area where we live. Makes the owners happy too!
Marvelous! Glad you like the boots need a pair? I have lots more:yes:! What is your size??? Hugs, 2 U !

Have a good day Docride. I love your red boots;I am still looking for the perfect red pair!

Piaffe-Great sculpture. I am just north of Toronto.
When I return we should have a Toronto Purse Forum meet.
Of course after you have your new baby! Best Wishes To You.
Good Morning Duchess! LOVED your photos! Thank you! Most all of my boots are custom made... I have many.... The nice thing about them is like H they maybe reconditioned fixed etc and even changed for life ! The red Tops are by Bowman's Wilsons boots in Livingston MT. I also have had several pairs by Paul Bond... Need some addresses or a catalog? PM me they will make you the Perfect Red Boots...with a nice spur ridge as well ! Cheers! I may just go out and take a few shots of some of our custom saddles as well...:nuts: very fancy tooling....

Here's a question. What is it about girls and women that make them horse crazy? :shame:
I rode as a girl and somewhere around 15 got interested in boys and lost my interest in horses. Luckily my pony had retired shortly before I lost interest. :smile:
Fast forward some 20 years later and I got back in the saddle at a time in my life where I only spend 6 months at home and the rest of year travelling. :cursing: So, I lease a horse when I'm at home and do some dressage and trail riding and when i'm at my winter home I have a friend with horses which I ride. I keep hoping my friend will sell me my boy Pirate, a strong beautiful stallion that I seem to have a connection with. I'm one of the few that can ride him in fact, and I'm hardly a champion rider. I also ride a couple of his Paso's which are wonderful horses,
Here's me and my boy last week. No, that's not an H scarf. :lol:

sunset.jpg

I love reading all these other horsey stories, keep 'em coming. :tup: Pics too!

These a a few of the Friesians also taken last May.
THAT IS NOT ME in the picture;but that is my husband in the blue shirt!
We started out with Paso's and Quarter Horses. My husband got bigger as our horses got bigger, Friesians and Percherons! LOL
He has lost weight now and is still trying to lose much more.

Great pics! At home our neighbor has a gorgeous Frisian that makes me drool every time he clop clops by. Such beauties! :smile:

docride - nope, not in the north - sud-ouest, between Bordeaux and Toulouse!

duchess - we are at least 5: mistikat, Liness, H_addict - and us! I've met up with mistikat a couple of times. We should definitely have a meet!

Bella- Thank You;they are the swans of the horse breeds! It is nice to hear that Paso's are known in Holland! Your horse looks beautiful;is he a QH?

Docride,yes please PM me.

Piaffe- This would be a great meet up. I have yet to enter the Toronto store!