Calling All TPF Hermes Forum HORSE WOMEN HELLO WHO ARE YOU?

DQ....YOU are the next George Morris!!!! :roflmfao:

not bad for someone who screeches 'you want me to jump WHAT???' every time she has a cross training lesson, huh?

before i was lucky enough to have my own place i always boarded where there were multiple disciplines - so much more fun for everyone. it used to be hillarious when i'd switch horses with a hunter or jumper rider -- i'd point the horse, close my eyes and pray that i'd still be on top of said horse on the other side of the jump, which they all thought was a real hoot. meanwhile i'd be laughing hysterically when i'd put the jumpers on my GP schoolmaster and did an in-hand passage or piaffe - and they'd be screaming 'stop it! he's going to buck me off!' because they had never felt all that power so contained. then we'd drink beer and make fun of each other while we cleaned tack . . . ah, the good old days.

DQ~ Thanks for the lovely GM critique! I've had the pleasure of doing 4 or 5 clinics with George Morris when he comes to Camden every December/January, on his way to Florida. He is a tough man to ride for, but I've enjoyed every clinic, have learned a ton, and he's always been very complimentary on my horses & riding. I've seen him get really irked with some riders, even making one girl in my first clinic roll in the dirt. Long story, but I do have the whole thing on video...I swear I thought I was next! :sweatdrop:
I know there are a lot of people out there who don't agree with his old school method of teaching, but I have nothing but absolute respect for the man and what he has accomplished. Like he says: "Too many of todays riders are soft, and spoiled. I want you tough!" :boxing:

^^ GM cracks me up - he insists on proper dress in the arena, but nobody can get him to wear a tie to a dinner party. i'm in hunterdon county NJ - the hunterdon, inc stables are about a five-minute ride from my house so there is plenty of respect for GM in this area, lol. (i cried for a day when they issued the statement that royal kaliber had to be euthanized and wouldn't be coming home to hunterdon.)

Last edited:
^^ GM cracks me up - he insists on proper dress in the arena, but nobody can get him to wear a tie to a dinner party. i'm in hunterdon county NJ - the hunterdon, inc stables are about a five-minute ride from my house so there is plenty of respect for GM in this area, lol. (i cried for a day when they issued the statement that royal kaliber had to be euthanized and wouldn't be coming home to hunterdon.)

LOL~ I don't think he has anything but rust breeches hanging in his closet! *Sigh* Oh, for the days of rust breeches, when horse slobber wasn't obvious, and neither was my butt! :P

LOL~ I don't think he has anything but rust breeches hanging in his closet! *Sigh* Oh, for the days of rust breeches, when horse slobber wasn't obvious, and neither was my butt! :P

oh, do not even try to complain to me about breeches color - at least you have the option of horse-snot-green tailored sportsmans, while i am doomed to show-off-your-cellulite white fullseats.

ETA: on the other hand, i don't have to wear a goofy-looking hairnet

oh, do not even try to complain to me about breeches color - at least you have the option of horse-snot-green tailored sportsmans, while i am doomed to show-off-your-cellulite white fullseats.

ETA: on the other hand, i don't have to wear a goofy-looking hairnet

*Snort!* Ahhh...the lunchlady look! What's not to love? Would you like salisbury steak with that? I can't imagine not putting on a hairnet when I ride~ it would be like forgetting my bra or something....
Speaking of fugly breeches, have you seen the new FITS breeches? They have some kind of patches on the butt that resemble a baboons! Quite possibly the ugliest thing I've seen in a while!
PS~ Do you ever post on COTH? ;)

Lovely!!!
1066764763_l.jpg

OMG you guys are HILARIOUS!

I have got to check out the new "Baboon Ass" breeches :roflmfao: They sound frightening!

I post once in a while on COTH :yes: Lots of drama there though :rolleyes:

Oh good LAWDY!!!!!! These are atrocious!!!!!! I mean could that strip of fabric instead of suede/microfiber on your *ahem* butt crack REALLY make a huge difference in your riding enough to be SEEN in these????

2710001.jpg