**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

Hi my payment was initiated on the 15th and now it is the 17th and nothing. Normally I get FASHIONPHILE payments the next day. I’m so nervous
Mine was initiated on the 22nd and today is the 27th and nothing. Of course I trust it'll get there but wonder why it's taking this long? Perhaps they have changed their payout system and instead of paying us one-by-one they make multiple payouts every few days?? So the date credited just means it's being held until it's actually deposited.

Reactions: jastar
Mine was initiated on the 22nd and today is the 27th and nothing. Of course I trust it'll get there but wonder why it's taking this long? Perhaps they have changed their payout system and instead of paying us one-by-one they make multiple payouts every few days?? So the date credited just means it's being held until it's actually deposited.
Mine came came the morning of the 21st. So I think it takes 3.5 business days now. I believe FASHIONPHILE switched from next day ACH to standard ACH. I was so nervous

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Did anyone receive a 1099 from fashionphile?
I've asked this before, but don't they need your Social security number to generate a 1099? Has anyone provided them with a SSN?

I never received this 1099 form, nor did they ask for my SSN.

I would call and ask if I were yall to be sure. Never give your SSN to anyone.

I never received this 1099 form, nor did they ask for my SSN.

I would call and ask if I were yall to be sure. Never give your SSN to anyone.

I haven't given my social security number to FP yet, but I imagine that they are going to ask for it soon since 1099 reporting requirements are changing in 2022 and the threshold is much, much lower. If you sell over $600 worth of items in 2022, you'll get a 1099-K for 2022 and they'll need your social security number to process it properly. I expect some kind of communication from FP about this before end of year. Ebay has already taken steps to ask for this information and I imagine other online selling platforms will do the same.

Btw, the 1099-K will be just one more form you have to include when doing your taxes. Most of us who are selling aren't likely making a profit, just unloading stuff we no longer need to recover some of the original cost. You will just have to include these 1099's on your tax return, showing the sales proceeds from the 1099-K's and then showing the original cost of the items sold. Most likely, this will result in a loss (which will be not deductible) so your selling won't likely impact your taxes.

It is a hassle though and is very, very intrusive. You can't even sell a few personal belongings without having to disclose in detail what you bought and how much of a loss you took. Some people also might not like having to disclose to their spouses how much online selling they've been doing and it's going to be right there on their annual tax return.

Btw, the 1099-K will be just one more form you have to include when doing your taxes. Most of us who are selling aren't likely making a profit, just unloading stuff we no longer need to recover some of the original cost. You will just have to include these 1099's on your tax return, showing the sales proceeds from the 1099-K's and then showing the original cost of the items sold. Most likely, this will result in a loss (which will be not deductible) so your selling won't likely impact your taxes.

It is a hassle though and is very, very intrusive. You can't even sell a few personal belongings without having to disclose in detail what you bought and how much of a loss you took. Some people also might not like having to disclose to their spouses how much online selling they've been doing and it's going to be right there on their annual tax return.
Fashionphile can barely manage to do the job they are supposed to do. I won't be giving them my SSN. I've been selling what I need to before the end of the year. I keep careful records of what I buy and sell for and don't make a profit annually.

I am in the same boat with everyone else on the ACH payments. Received email from @fashionphile on Tuesday Sept. 28 that my payment had been initiated. As of today, 10/1, nothing has been deposited. I have sold them many bags and always have the money the day after notification of payment. I sent them an email and they replied indicating it could take 5 business days...Concerning.

I am in the same boat with everyone else on the ACH payments. Received email from @fashionphile on Tuesday Sept. 28 that my payment had been initiated. As of today, 10/1, nothing has been deposited. I have sold them many bags and always have the money the day after notification of payment. I sent them an email and they replied indicating it could take 5 business days...Concerning.
Me too. My payment was initiated on 9/28, but nothing yet. My bank said I should see it by Monday or Tuesday. I hate the new waiting game.

Oh no, mine was sept 27 been initiated and until today oct 1st not posted . I went to bank and ask , bank told me if until Monday still did not receive payment I should contact fashionphile again . I hope mine clear soon .

Reactions: caannie