Book Tote

Advice needed! I bought the large Plan de Paris in the “gray” color way last year, the large just makes my heart sing to look at in that pattern. But…I’ve only carried it twice. I love the look of the book tote in general (plus I just love totes and big bags) and am wondering if I should try a medium or even a small instead. Do you all have any suggestions on the best size for daily use (don’t need to carry a laptop and I’m not sold on the new strap version yet)?

do you mind sharing how you felt this was different in shape from the normal non strap version. thank you
Sorry for the late reply.
This strap version looked more square, maybe slightly taller?, while the regular version had a more rectangular look. Could be just an illusion, as the measurements are supposedly the same...but the SA I was with also agreed they looked slightly different lol. She mentioned that since the strap version has leather panels, it could be affecting how the bag shape looks vs. the all-canvas.

Reactions: piggiejan
yes i thought it was beautiful as well. but in real life after it was ordered it was just a tad too white / pale in overall vibe (still beautiful though) and it was just “worse” when the other small i already have was so colorful and happy, so i ended up swapping for the medium plan de paris.
View attachment 5939839
Oh wow your colorful book tote is gorgeous, it really stands out in comparison! What is that pattern called?

Advice needed! I bought the large Plan de Paris in the “gray” color way last year, the large just makes my heart sing to look at in that pattern. But…I’ve only carried it twice. I love the look of the book tote in general (plus I just love totes and big bags) and am wondering if I should try a medium or even a small instead. Do you all have any suggestions on the best size for daily use (don’t need to carry a laptop and I’m not sold on the new strap version yet)?
I have one of each of those sizes and find the medium is better for everyday use and the larger original size is better for travel.

I am really interested in getting an embroidered book tote in either small or medium. Not sure which pattern yet but I am sure there will be a lot of patterns to choose from. My question is “How practical are the book totes?” They are really beautiful piece of art to look at and collect, but will I be able to actually use it well? How do you style this bag? I don’t want to spend all that money to get a bag if I won’t be able to use it well. Thank you.
the small is my go to bag for work or just going out when i don’t need to carry alot

i switch to the medium if i want to bring more stuff or if i need to carry a laptop. i sometimes also use the medium when out with my kid because it can be worn on the shoulder