Book Tote

My small Book tote with strap has arrived!:P

The sides and base are a beautiful navy leather.
I love how it has pockets so no need for an organizer.
I compared it to the regular small book tote in store, and they seemed slightly different in shape and size, although it is listed as the same on the website.

I hope they continue making this version, and also the leather cannage in different colors as I would love to add a leather one in my collection next :love:
IMG_1648.jpeg

I compared it to the regular small book tote in store, and they seemed slightly different in shape and size, although it is listed as the same on the website.

I hope they continue making this version, and also the leather cannage in different colors as I would love to add a leather one in my collection next :love:
View attachment 5928017
Beautiful! Would you be able to show mod shots of it worn with the strap? I am pretty sure I will purchase soon but sight unseen - hard to make a trip to the boutique with a toddler while 6 months pregnant lol

Reactions: Luvdabags and Ruby5
Beautiful! Would you be able to show mod shots of it worn with the strap? I am pretty sure I will purchase soon but sight unseen - hard to make a trip to the boutique with a toddler while 6 months pregnant lol
Sure! I totally understand, I took my two little boys to the boutique to see this bag in person, it was a disaster lol.
I'm 5'8 or 173cm tall, and have the strap set where I can crossbody it.
Hope this helps!
IMG_1730.jpegIMG_1729.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1730.jpeg
    IMG_1730.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 23
Sure! I totally understand, I took my two little boys to the boutique to see this bag in person, it was a disaster lol.
I'm 5'8 or 173cm tall, and have the strap set where I can crossbody it.
Hope this helps!
View attachment 5930066View attachment 5930067
You’re the best! Yes, this helps tremendously. The bag looks great on you! I’m similar in stature and height to you so this pretty much seals the deal for me, I’m excited to order the bag now!
Also similarly, I am due with my second boy in a few months so I’ll be a mama of two boys as well :heart: Hoping I can take them both on shopping trips later on just like you haha

Last edited:
Reactions: mocha112
hi everyone, i made an account so i could ask these questions 😂

1. is there anywhere i can go to see what are the past book tote designs ?

2. do you think i should keep the white/gold bag on the left ? i love the one on the right which is also in a white base but has a lot more colour and a lot less white so it feels a lot more wearable and it’s my go to bag so im not sure if the white/gold butterfly bag will just end up sitting there and being ignored

3. do you know is going forward they will make all the small sizes come with a strap, or is it just for the cannage leather series and perhaps one or two designs (like the oblique print a few posts up). i think a strap is very useful so this could sway a return decision as well

thank you.

View attachment 5928017
do you mind sharing how you felt this was different in shape from the normal non strap version. thank you

hi everyone, i made an account so i could ask these questions 😂

1. is there anywhere i can go to see what are the past book tote designs ?

2. do you think i should keep the white/gold bag on the left ? i love the one on the right which is also in a white base but has a lot more colour and a lot less white so it feels a lot more wearable and it’s my go to bag so im not sure if the white/gold butterfly bag will just end up sitting there and being ignored

3. do you know is going forward they will make all the small sizes come with a strap, or is it just for the cannage leather series and perhaps one or two designs (like the oblique print a few posts up). i think a strap is very useful so this could sway a return decision as well

thank you.
1. Here's a thread with pictures of past Book Totes.

2. Your pics aren't visible.

3. Yes, I was told the small BT with strap will come in Raffia. I hope it comes in more options because if it's only oblique, leather cannage and raffia, none of those is calling to me.

Reactions: piggiejan
Saw some gorgeous butterfly-themed book totes in-boutique this week. I am LOVING the butterfly theme Dior has been going with this season.

1000022566.jpg

This white/gold pattern was stunning, almost regal.

In person, the butterfly embroidery looked more flat and less 3D, and the Christian Dior lettering was more subtle and less dark depending on the angle of the bag.

1000022569.jpg

Also saw this amazing pattern on the displays!

yes i thought it was beautiful as well. but in real life after it was ordered it was just a tad too white / pale in overall vibe (still beautiful though) and it was just “worse” when the other small i already have was so colorful and happy, so i ended up swapping for the medium plan de paris.
Yes, I really get what you mean! The white and gold one is very pale/light in person, especially if it contrasts against any other colors in your outfit. It's incredibly beautiful but you do have to take extra care to consider if it'll fit your vibe.

Love your other colorful small book tote! :biggrin:

I am really interested in getting an embroidered book tote in either small or medium. Not sure which pattern yet but I am sure there will be a lot of patterns to choose from. My question is “How practical are the book totes?” They are really beautiful piece of art to look at and collect, but will I be able to actually use it well? How do you style this bag? I don’t want to spend all that money to get a bag if I won’t be able to use it well. Thank you.

I am really interested in getting an embroidered book tote in either small or medium. Not sure which pattern yet but I am sure there will be a lot of patterns to choose from. My question is “How practical are the book totes?” They are really beautiful piece of art to look at and collect, but will I be able to actually use it well? How do you style this bag? I don’t want to spend all that money to get a bag if I won’t be able to use it well. Thank you.
I just got my small one last week and I’ve already taken it out so many times. It’s really functional for me as a toddler mom as it fits all my daily essentials on top of a few diapers and snacks. Love that I can carry it top handle or crossbody it in a pinch when I need my hands free, which is like all the time lol. Highly recommend!

Thank you! What pa
I just got my small one last week and I’ve already taken it out so many times. It’s really functional for me as a toddler mom as it fits all my daily essentials on top of a few diapers and snacks. Love that I can carry it top handle or crossbody it in a pinch when I need my hands free, which is like all the time lol. Highly recommend!

Thank you! What pattern/color did you get? The blue oblique pattern definitely can be an every day bag. Not sure so much about the butterfly one that I like though…

Attachments

• IMG_8046.jpeg
    IMG_8046.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 21