Book Tote

Another update :wave:
An influencer posted she was having the same oxidation issue with her new booktote. I DMed her and found out she’s also a member of this forum:heart: She encouraged me to try again, bc she heard from many people in the US and Europe who were able to get a new bag as replacement or store credit. Ngl I was really nervous, bc the first boutique totally gaslighted me and questioned if it was something I did to the bag. I was traveling and took it to the original boutique where I purchased it. The manager was so nice and immediately said he has seen this happen before. So I was given a store credit and got a new medium lady D-Joy! I’m so relieved and excited. I purchased the booktote when they still charged for personalization and even got refunded for that. Shoutout to this forum and the supportive members:biggrin:
So glad that you connected with a fellow tPFer and was able to get this resolved with the original boutique. But you shouldn't have had to go through all that trouble, shame on the boutique that didn't provide the proper customer service!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sharona228
Anybody seen the new small obligue book tote with detachable strap in store ? The website has photo and looks very cute . The side of bag made from leather and the front/back still regular canvas obligue.

Anybody seen the new small obligue book tote with detachable strap in store ? The website has photo and looks very cute . The side of bag made from leather and the front/back still regular canvas obligue.
I just went to the boutique and saw it. Very cute and hopefully perfect for daily use. I've ordered a new one to be sent to my home, it should arrive in a week or so!IMG_1569.jpeg

New here and first post!!

I'm looking to purchase my very first Dior bag and am super excited. I've been going back and forth on a number of bags but the new book tote in the Cruise collection is catching my eye! Love the cannage and calfskin - would love to hear thoughts on whether we like this new design as compared to the canvas versions (or should I just get a Lady Dior)?

I'm looking to purchase my very first Dior bag and am super excited. I've been going back and forth on a number of bags but the new book tote in the Cruise collection is catching my eye! Love the cannage and calfskin - would love to hear thoughts on whether we like this new design as compared to the canvas versions (or should I just get a Lady Dior)?
You can’t go wrong with the classic Lady Dior. That being said, the book totes in both canvas and leather were also great and especially now that they add the strap to the book tote. I would get the design you really really like. If you prefer the book tote, go for it! Lady Dior is always around and you can get it later if you want :smile:.

Reactions: cali_to_ny

Hi! I was looking at the leather version in store and it was beautiful. I love the new book tote design because it is so user friendly, with an adjustable strap and 3 interior pockets.
In the end I went with the oblique canvas version because I already have a Lady Dior, and the leather one has a similar look. But if it is your first Dior, I think the leather cannage is a great option, very elegant like the Lady Dior but still a very useful tote!

Reactions: Ruby5