Beware: Best faked bags in the market

Yikes.. guess the only safe way is the boutique way. Pre-owned makes me nervous, spending thousands and potentially getting a super fake without knowing… or someone with bag knowledge spot it and tell you. :shocked:
That would be so embarrassing

Reactions: KateCardiff
The women detailed in the article are so gross and shameless...if someone is so ridiculously wealthy, why are they funneling their money to black market businesses that inevitably deals in human trafficking and modern slavery? If they think the reputable, legit brands are so overpriced...then don't buy the bags. What a stupid society we live in.
They are not ridiculously wealthy in my opinion, otherwise, it would be no big deal to afford luxury bags.

Reactions: KateCardiff
The women detailed in the article are so gross and shameless...if someone is so ridiculously wealthy, why are they funneling their money to black market businesses that inevitably deals in human trafficking and modern slavery? If they think the reputable, legit brands are so overpriced...then don't buy the bags. What a stupid society we live in.

Totally agree with you.

This part especially stood out (not to mention the superfake being potentially bought at a secondhand store):
"To them, status isn’t having the means to join the $10,000-handbag clique—anyone could be so basic. It’s waltzing into brunch with a fake that takes chutzpah."

... like wearing a plain canvas tote to brunch would certainly take more chutzpah, no?

This article makes me so mad. They are all choosing to look the other way not caring what black market goods actually fund: human trafficking, slavery, money laundering, arms dealing, terrorism. These are all related. How do you justify that?? IMO these repladies are worse than customers who buy the authentic brands because they truly only care about the image that the label gives.

I'm totally put off ever buying preloved again.
As far as I'm aware there is no oversight, regulatory body or official training of authenticators, so perhaps consumers have been placing far too much trust in them.

it definitely makes me think twice about trusting Authenticators. They’re pretty much all self proclaimed only from observation and comparing. Chanel (or any other fashion house) has no incentive to provide training to authenticate their items as that would boost the resale market which is not profitable for them. They could care less what happens to an item after it leaves the boutique once the sale is made. The closest thing to a regulatory body would be customs when items are imported from overseas, and only then I feel like they catch replicas when they are mass shipped, not singular shipments.

ETA- just saw this Thread. Wonder if verifying purchase history when buying resale (perhaps directly from someone and not through FP for example) would be the best way to authenticate an item since obviously the details of super fakes are too accurate.

Last edited:
Guys, I went to that sub and I saw a post where a woman said her husband robbed her of her joy because he called her out on her fake bags in front of others.
If the bags you have are causing you this much distress, then what's the point? I don't care if ppl have rep bags, but if someone calls you out (which is expected although rude) you should just not care too much.
I also saw another post where someone admitted to putting the ordinary serum in their la mer bottle, and ppl were asking for links to buy empty la mer bottles. That one was a bit sad.

Guys, I went to that sub and I saw a post where a woman said her husband robbed her of her joy because he called her out on her fake bags in front of others.
If the bags you have are causing you this much distress, then what's the point? I don't care if ppl have rep bags, but if someone calls you out (which is expected although rude) you should just not care too much.
I also saw another post where someone admitted to putting the ordinary serum in their la mer bottle, and ppl were asking for links to buy empty la mer bottles. That one was a bit sad.
This is really sad. I can’t believe they would choose their reps over their spouse.

It's interesting how the counterfeit bag industry began as something that offered designer bag replicas for those who couldn't afford the real thing. Now the replicas have become so good that even those who can afford the real thing are willing to buy the fakes.

When a wealthy person buys a counterfeit bag the signal is quite clear: they know the real designer bag is overpriced and not worth it even if they have the money, but they still feel the need to portray themselves as a wealthy person with a recognizable premium designer bag. They're just playing this came of building an image and a facade. It's like the "Emperor's new clothes".

I feel like the next step here should be that the wealthy people realize they don't need to play this (unethical) game. If you don't feel like a real Birkin is worth the price tag, then just don't get one, real or fake! You don't need to get the Rich Person Starter Pack of a Hermès, Rolex and VCA to signal your wealth if you don't want to. Buy authentic things that are worth the price for you.

People should enjoy the luxury of being authentic to themselves.