Beware: Best faked bags in the market

We need to stop referring to those metal plaques as “microchips”. They’re NOT and they CAN’T be scanned. When they first came out, rumors were swirling around about the chips and how they use blockchain technology to ensure authenticity. Great concept, really, but Chanel chose not to actually do it that way (despite how much they charge for everything). I believe the whole point of the metal plaques were to get rid of the cards and stickers (which could easily get lost or peel off).

We need to stop referring to those metal plaques as “microchips”. They’re NOT and they CAN’T be scanned. When they first came out, rumors were swirling around about the chips and how they use blockchain technology to ensure authenticity. Great concept, really, but Chanel chose not to actually do it that way (despite how much they charge for everything). I believe the whole point of the metal plaques were to get rid of the cards and stickers (which could easily get lost or peel off).

100% agreed. It’s a metal plate - pure and simple. No microchip technology. Everyone needs to let go of that term.

375A6810-D14B-46C1-958C-78C38571F7D6.jpeg

I was reading up something on the web and came across a Reddit forum dedicated to replicas. There’s a world of replica makers out there. Who knew! The forum members even show comparisons between their authentic bags vs their replicas. The details on the superior replicas are mind boggling. I won’t be able to tell even if one is sitting besides my own bags. I’d suggest being super careful when buying outside of the boutiques.
I have spent a lot of time on the rep forum on reddit too....fascinating and scary.

How on earth does the reddit forum still exist? It still has all the contacts of sellers in China and they're long time sellers too. Why can't big fashion houses do something about that?
I see a lot of reps being promoted on TikTok too. Some of them are insanely accurate looking....I don't get it though--some of the bags are super expensive. why would you ever choose to spend so much on a fake?!

Last edited:
Have any of you seen one of these fakes in person? I'm asking because a few on that subreddit look fake to me. Others seem to be clones of the authentic bag. Wondering if the feel of the leather or the weight of the bag seems the same. One would think that the boutiques could tell the difference.
Yes, I have seen amazing fakes in person. If you go to Chinatown, there are sellers on the streets. They import from China. You can also go onto instagram and see a bunch of replica sellers (also from china) - just type in “Chanelbag” I think the caviar is not 100% perfect but the lamb is really good.

So the new bags with chips have not been replicated yet? That's good to know. Though I imagine it would be easy enough to fake a metal plaque and since only Chanel can scan it (and I think someone said the SAs won't do it at the boutiques) it almost seems easier for the replica makers going forward because the cards and especially the serial stickers were sometimes the only giveaway on superfakes. The ones I did see in person were exact on everything except those two points.
They have been.