Begging & pleading didn't help me

The bold is the only part of this statement that I agree with. If a store breaks the "rule" and lets people buy specifically excluded items, then great for them, but if they don't then just leave it alone. It says right there in black and white that it can't be used on certain things...why try to take it further? And who knows what Coach will do about PCEs in the future....they may make a bit more during PCE, but if it happens 4 times a year, that's only what...like 4 weeks out of 52? Do those 4 weeks really outshine the other 48?
spolied i dont mean to take this on you specifically but i just wanted to reply to a point you made. coach has obviously realized that pce works b/c if i remember correctly i have gotten 6 this year. and if they do like last year again there still shuld be 2 more to come so if they doubled the amount of pce event they are having something must be working, no?

I've had SA's offer to bend the rules when I didn't even request a favor, so it's hard to know how firm the rules and exclusions are. I doubt if I would beg or plead--not my style--but it doesn't hurt to ask and if refused, accept it graciously.

If Coach ended PCE promos, you can bet they would replace it with something else to draw people in. Very few companies never have sales. LV comes to mind, but even Hermes has sales.

I purchased the Peyton for full price at the only boutique that carries it in town. I saw that on the back of the card it said that the Legacy was excluded and though I was disappointed, I realized that rules are rules and was going to let it go. At 8% tax, I paid $865.00 for it. Then I got back and saw that others here had used their PCE to buy the same bag with no problem at all for $600.00... :shrugs:

I decided that I would return her and get it again when it would be available on PCE. It was only then when I went to my normal boutique that I explained why I was returning it and the SA called his DM and she told him to accept it b/c it was a Bleecker Street Limited Edition.

I did not get mad or throw a fit, I was fully expecting to return it, but they would rather have had my money than not had a sale.

I fault the "Powers that Be" at Coach for not making all the rules crystal clear to every SA and boutique.

That being said, I hope that others can use it with their PCE as a lot of us have.

spolied i dont mean to take this on you specifically but i just wanted to reply to a point you made. coach has obviously realized that pce works b/c if i remember correctly i have gotten 6 this year. and if they do like last year again there still shuld be 2 more to come so if they doubled the amount of pce event they are having something must be working, no?

No problem. And yes, the PCEs are working for them and they would definitely be foolish to quit doing them (and risk alienating a good portion of their customer base), but who's to say what they're going to do in the future (I've only been an avid Coach customer for about 2 years...have they been doing PCEs like all along or is this a relatively new thing?). All we can do is be happy to get the discount and go along with whatever guidelines they choose to set out and enforce. I just find it a bit funny (not really "ha ha" funny but you know) that people are so worked up about not being able to get the discount on specifically excluded things.....maybe it's just me, but if I want something that bad, then I don't mind paying full price for it. :shrugs:

Krispin41
I didn't know you were in Vancouver. You must have been there, you seem to think I was throwing a hissy fit. I was only asking if I could use the PCE on this bag not even knowing what it was called because it was the SA who bought the bag to me.We all know exceptions are made & every single one of you would have asked or have asked at some time in the past......... Also if I had acted in the manner in which you are perceiving me to have, why would I have got a thank you card from the SA. Coach makes too much money during PCE to stop .

Hi jojo

I am in Vancouver too and I have been a long time customer at the Vancouver boutique (downtown) and I also sometimes shop at Oakridge. I have had the managers of both stores bend the "rules" for me many times as they know me very well and have always offered me things such as price adjustments to get the PCE price on previous purchases that I had made. This is no longer the case at the Vancouver stores. Coach is really cracking down on them. I purchased two bags last weekend...a Legacy on the Saturday (with no discount of course) and then on Sunday, I bought a Bleeker tote for a gift.

I was in the store with my mom and she was browsing the sunglasses while I was paying for the bag that I used my PCE on. When I completed my transaction, I walked over to my mom and told her I was done. She told me that she had impulsively decided to buy a pair of sunglasses. I had JUST used my PCE 30 seconds before so I asked the manager if they could honor the PCE on my mom's glasses so that she could save $50. She told me that there was nothing they could do. She seemed sympathetic and even went into the back to ask the district manager (who was in the store at the time) if they could make an exception since I had just used my PCE and my mom had just decided to buy the glasses right at that time. The DM flat out refused and told me that it was only for one transaction and that they couldn't refund my transaction and ring it in again because they card no longer works once it is scanned through once. This is when I got upset (not mad) as I knew that she was feeding me a load of ********. I know for a fact that this can be done as they have done this for me in the past and I know that all the cards have the same barcode so they were just lying to me. I had just spent $1000 in a two day period and I have spent thousands all this time that I have been a customer yet they refused me this gesture. My mom ended up buying the glasses anyways because she truly wanted them but I was sad that she had to spend an additional $50 for them when I could have saved her that had she bought them 30 seconds before.
Needless to say, I am upset and I will be making my point in the best way possible. I plan to go back to the store and I will return BOTH of the bags that I bought last weekend. I will spend my money elsewhere. Sorry Coach but there are about a million handbag designers and many actually show that they DO appreciate their loyal customers.

Hi Joanne here...I was at the store on Burrard. When I was paying she asked me if I was sure & if there was any thing else before she swiped the card. I thought that was a little strange.I've never been asked that before... I'm shocked that they didn't make a exception & give you the 25% they can manually adjust it......... One time in Lynnwood Washington that is where i used to use the PCE before Canada adjusted the price. One time i didn't get a PCE i phoned down to my SA & she told me to come down she had the bag I wanted. She also refunded my sunglasses that I had bought in Hawaii they were 50.00 cheaper here She gave me the PCE on the bag & sunglasses. She had a card right beside the till. That card was so worn out everybody was using the same card.I'm so surprised they have lost a very good customer over 50.00 .The new lines that are coming out are so pricey without the pce I can't afford them. Your right we should be treated better......... Best of luck

I read somewhere that there's going to be an outlet in Windsor sometime soon...either by the end of this year or next year. I can't wait!

By the time the next PCE comes along they could be gone to the outlets & there is no outlets in Canada that I know of.I got the Sophie leather in winter white....I know I will love it.......I'm heart broken :crybaby:

I e-mailed Coach & asked them that very Question. Are you planning any outlets in Canada in the near future. There answer was NO.........Too bad for us Canadians, my outlet shopping is very limited because I only get there on Vacations..........

I heard from the Yorkdale store that on outlet was going to open in Windsor by the end of the year. That's a 4 hour drive from where I live, so that would be pointless for me to go there since Buffalo, NY is just 1 1/2 hours away.

The deals that I got back in June was way better than going to an outlet.

Hi Joanne here...I was at the store on Burrard. When I was paying she asked me if I was sure & if there was any thing else before she swiped the card. I thought that was a little strange.I've never been asked that before... I'm shocked that they didn't make a exception & give you the 25% they can manually adjust it......... One time in Lynnwood Washington that is where i used to use the PCE before Canada adjusted the price. One time i didn't get a PCE i phoned down to my SA & she told me to come down she had the bag I wanted. She also refunded my sunglasses that I had bought in Hawaii they were 50.00 cheaper here She gave me the PCE on the bag & sunglasses. She had a card right beside the till. That card was so worn out everybody was using the same card.I'm so surprised they have lost a very good customer over 50.00 .The new lines that are coming out are so pricey without the pce I can't afford them. Your right we should be treated better......... Best of luck

Not being able to scan a card again is such bull! I'd folded my card up and had it in my wallet so I would have it when I decided to use it this last PCE time - well, apparently one of the folds was right across the upc code and it wouldn't scan so my SA brought out a new card from the drawer - well, that wouldn't scan, so she got another one out of the drawer! The SA's have extra cards to scan, each card has the same scan # on it and they can manually adjust as I saw them do when I had a 40% letter and used it at the SF store - the person checking me out hadn't done that type of transaction before and had to get help so I heard the whole conversation - they just manually give you the discount!

There are ways to get around it without begging and pleading, trying to get special treatment from an SA.

Why didn't you buy another bag that was included in PCE and exchange it (without the receipt) later on? You can just pay the difference or whatever.

Lady V OMG Thank you

Yea I have posted that advice before and before anyone jumps on me I got that suggestion from my manager.

OP- I ordered the brown heritage satchel in the June PCE knowing I was going to do an even exchange for the "pink" one two weeks later [it couldn't be ordered during PCE]. However, I didn't like the berry and ended up keeping the brown one.

I understand your frustration. I think there was a lot of problems this time around with the "list" of bags that was prohibited. I got a Peyton, as others did, but it is a Bleecker Street bag. There was a lot of confusion with the SAs about whether it was any BLeecker exclusives or if it just couldn't be used on Bleecker Street. It wasn't on the specific restricted bag list, but many got turned away anyway. It is difficult to want a particular bag, be denied, and then read that people were able to use it.

The PCE kinda feels like the department store coupons now, so many restrictions you are hard felt to actually find something to apply it to :confused1: