Be careful ordering from raffaelo right now!!

Hey Pejo, the story gets even more bizarre. You may recall that when you tried to buy that marine GGH city, the bag was never placed in your cart and you didn't get an order confirmation. That's because I'd already bought it. Your order # of 215137 came after mine with # 215132.

Yesterday Raffaello called me to confirm my order and to confirm the shipping address (which is my work address). So I confirmed both my order and my shipping address over the phone and they said they'll be shipping my bag out shortly.

This morning Raffaello emailed me to say my order was cancelled because the item is out of stock! It didn't make sense that they first called to confirm my order and shipping and then cancelled it. So I called them directly this morning and got the same explanation they emailed me, simply that the item was "out of stock." How odd that they've now invoiced you for the same bag!

I doubt their communications with you are fishy, but if you want to confirm what they're up to, call them instead. Their number is on their website. And let us know what happens.

Honestly the site from what everybodys experiences are seems unorganzied and miscommunicated.. everybody should just stay away from them..they now have your CC info and you have nothing to show for it..? i hate giving my CC info out to websites that are not well organzied... just seems like bad news.

the item was "out of stock." How odd that they've now invoiced you for the same bag!

Out of stock for you too??? argh. what's happening here? Will call them today and let you guys know what transpires.

I'm now checking my CC acount morning and night online to see if a Rafaello bill shows up in the new transactions. There better not be anything there! Ugh!

^don't think you got Deco's post right, r/o. and i don't think you're invoiced yet (they've stated possible reasons). the thing that's odd is that your order got thru even when the bag's already OOS since Deco supposedly got the last bag. most important thing is to check that they handle your cc data with care and make sure they don't charge until you confirm that there's a bag for you in the first place.

I just had an online chat with a Rafaello CS rep and she said that my order got through after all. I realise that the order could well be 'in' in the front office's system only to be cancelled later when the order reaches the stockroom where someone will say the bag's out of stock.

But for the order to go to the 'stockroom', I first have to pay the full amount.

What do you guys think? Should I risk paying to determine if they do have a bag for me (afterall, it is a good-priced GGH) or just take that since Deco, who ordered earlier than I did, was told the bag was out of stock, then it really is out of stock already and the front office system doesnt know better?

But for the order to go to the 'stockroom', I first have to pay the full amount.

That sounds unreasonable. Why don't these people have a better system? Why can't they just keep track of exactly how many bags they have in stock so they don't waste people's time?

Pejo, if you want to go ahead and pay for it, that's fine, but I would call them (not chat, since in chat, they can dodge your questions) and really press them to tell you or forward your question to the "stock" department. Why should you have to pay first not even knowing that the thing you're paying for is even there?

I just had an online chat with a Rafaello CS rep and she said that my order got through after all. I realise that the order could well be 'in' in the front office's system only to be cancelled later when the order reaches the stockroom where someone will say the bag's out of stock.

What do you guys think? Should I risk paying to determine if they do have a bag for me (afterall, it is a good-priced GGH) or just take that since Deco, who ordered earlier than I did, was told the bag was out of stock, then it really is out of stock already and the front office system doesnt know better?
Such incompetence. But I think you should pay and go for it. If it's out of stock, they'll simply reverse your payment. I don't see how you have anything to lose.

****.. I just ordert a City GGH from Raffaello.. It is here on monday. What should I do??

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. From what I can gather the problem seems to be with their descriptions of the bags (wrong year etc.), their stock photos (some of the bags shown in the pics looked fake), and their ordering system.

The bags that have actually been delivered have been fine as far as I know.

Deco, I think I agree with you.

Back in the summer when I started this thread, the photographs were different.

The GH City Bags were the only ones on their website that looked off.

Now I'm thinking that it IS the photography.

I'm sure a member here would have posted something about receiving a bad bag if that was the case. It has been months now.

I apologize if I jumped the gun here, but the photographs on the website over the summer were not right.

For those of you just reading the first and last posts, I'm quoting myself.

I ordered a Balenciaga from them a few days ago, and same thing happened to me. They first called and confirmed my address, then a few days later they told me there's something wrong with my credit card, and after I called my bank and let the transaction through, they told me the bag is out of stock. So now they have my credit card info and my approval of transaction, I'm kinda worried...... :s But they're a pretty famous online company right?

That sounds unreasonable. Why don't these people have a better system? Why can't they just keep track of exactly how many bags they have in stock so they don't waste people's time?

Pejo, if you want to go ahead and pay for it, that's fine, but I would call them (not chat, since in chat, they can dodge your questions) and really press them to tell you or forward your question to the "stock" department. Why should you have to pay first not even knowing that the thing you're paying for is even there?

Actually legally I don't think they can charge you until the item is shipped, but I know smaller places do sometimes. Just sounds like terribly inventory management which seems prevalent in the retail world -Saks is just as bad especially during their sales.