Barney's Trip Report - Spring/Summer Bags (PICS)

Man those are some ugly bags! I've tried to like them, I really have. I could even understand SILVER oversized studs (without the silly, textured pattern), because silver is so much easier to work into your accesrories, but huge GOLD studs are just so tacky.

I will keep trying though...

:roflmfao: I'm not even going to try. They are beyond tacky bling! No tassels and way too much Bling. I think Balenciaga needs to re-think this. Plus they are way more expensive. I don't pay more for heavier and ugly. If they had done these in silver, regular size, they would have sold out every bag and a waiting list would have been very long. I don't think their marketing is that great, not if they want to sell more bags. They also need to stop naming some bags the same color ( exapmple 3 lilacs) and stop making bags with almost identical colors that look the same as other seasons but have different names. :P
The leather looks veiny again. The nicest leather in those pics looks like the winter caramel and the '07 natural.

SLINKS~~
I JUST CALLED and ORDERED MY INK SHRUG FROM Barneys (Bevelry location)
They have more than one (DONT KNOW HOW MANY)so if you want it call them right now before it's gone~..Person who helped me he was the nicest SA ever from BArneys..and I even told him I have friends who want same one so He will get some phone calls soon :graucho: ..
1-310-276-4400
SA : Thomas

I can't believe noone has commented on the white marble-y effect in the leather, especially in the grass green. I thought they weren't doing that anymore! It totally ruins the color for me. And I don't get it, because the grass green day we saw posted from the NM catalog (or some catalog) was a nice solid color. That white spotting is hideous!!!! Liz at BAL NY said there would not be such variation in leather anymore. Well, if those pics are any indication, she's seriously mistaken. HIDEOUS.

^Yeah, I did not care for the veiny, marbley look of the Grass Green either. I was hoping to see consistently less veiny bags, but I guess there is still a lot of variation out there...definitely going to pick mine out in person.:yes:

I do think the leather on the Black and Naturel with the giant Gold hardware is gorgeous! :heart:

WOW :nuts: .... thank you so much spiralsnow.... for the interesting report and pics :flowers: !! I definitely hate the big golden studs :yucky: !!

FC took the words right out of my mouth! I just don't get it, especially on the smaller bags! And we all know I have nothing against a little bling on a bag, but it's all you see when you look at the bags you just can't escape it!
:Push:
Thanks so much for the photos!!!
:love:

I can't believe noone has commented on the white marble-y effect in the leather, especially in the grass green. I thought they weren't doing that anymore! It totally ruins the color for me. And I don't get it, because the grass green day we saw posted from the NM catalog (or some catalog) was a nice solid color. That white spotting is hideous!!!! Liz at BAL NY said there would not be such variation in leather anymore. Well, if those pics are any indication, she's seriously mistaken. HIDEOUS.

I did mention it in post #59 of this thread. It's gross. The green looks like it has leopard spots. If they made nice leather bags in '04 and '05, why can't they do it again? Now I will say that my winter white '06 has leather very close to 2005.

I'm so glad to help guys! :P :heart: For those who were asking, I took the pics at Barneys Beverly Hills. They are having a sale- I saw a Fendi B bag, Rochas, Balenciaga, Lanvin, and many other bags on sale in case anyone is interested.

I'm anxiously waiting for a green from Balenciaga NY, too. The pics are actually of two different green bags (a Day and a severely-distressed City). I was really surprised by the variation in leather textures. It seems like there are lots bags this season that are at both ends of the spectrum, either really soft like the older bags or really "crispy" like the '06 ones, so I'd advise being really specific w/ your SA as to what type you want :yes:

I'm not even going to try. They are beyond tacky bling! No tassels and way too much Bling. I think Balenciaga needs to re-think this. Plus they are way more expensive. I don't pay more for heavier and ugly. If they had done these in silver, regular size, they would have sold out every bag and a waiting list would have been very long. I don't think their marketing is that great, not if they want to sell more bags. They also need to stop naming some bags the same color ( exapmple 3 lilacs) and stop making bags with almost identical colors that look the same as other seasons but have different names. :P
The leather looks veiny again. The nicest leather in those pics looks like the winter caramel and the '07 natural.
:roflmfao: :roflmfao: that's hilarious, I agree with you on the tacky bling bling! and the prices are indeed rediculous for fugly....I really hope the leather is okay I hate veiny!!

Balenciaga needs to re-think this. Plus they are way more expensive. I don't pay more for heavier and ugly. If they had done these in silver, regular size, they would have sold out every bag and a waiting list would have been very long.

I don't think the average Balenciaga buyer would really notice any difference between silver and brass regular hardware. I think that is something that only serious collectors get excited about, especially since the silver hardware is associated with early years, better leather, sought after colors, etc.

Thanks for the pictures!!! A sea of bbags!! It's fun to look at them. I noticed the same thing that a few others here mentioned--is that a brown clutch in one of those pictures? And if so, is it the mysterious new one??

I don't think the average Balenciaga buyer would really notice any difference between silver and brass regular hardware. I think that is something that only serious collectors get excited about, especially since the silver hardware is associated with early years, better leather, sought after colors, etc.
fiatflux,
you have a really good point:yes:

sorry, powder, I did miss your comment. And now that you mention it's two different green bags, they're both horrible. One is like a leopard; the other looks like it's about to peel on top.

I have to say, the idea of the gold hardware seemed like a good one to me. But why did it have to be THAT big AND have that funky texture to it. It all just seems like too much, at least on some of the colors.

I think most of us could run this company better.