Barney's Trip Report - Spring/Summer Bags (PICS)

sorry, powder, I did miss your comment. And now that you mention it's two different green bags, they're both horrible. One is like a leopard; the other looks like it's about to peel on top.

I have to say, the idea of the gold hardware seemed like a good one to me. But why did it have to be THAT big AND have that funky texture to it. It all just seems like too much, at least on some of the colors.

I think most of us could run this company better.

I don't know about that I think there is a big market for that kind of bag. Talking a while ago to one of the Dior storemanager, she said that their biggest clients for luxuryitems are situated in the golf now followed by russians...This clientel is very intrested in "blingbling"...

My uncle sold houses to clients from the golf in the past...you should have seen the bathrooms:wtf: ...there was blingbling all over!:P

GREAT JOB Snowman! :sneaky: Thank you so much for these pics! :flowers:

I don't know about that I think there is a big market for that kind of bag. Talking a while ago to one of the Dior storemanager, she said that their biggest clients for luxuryitems are situated in the golf now followed by russians...This clientel is very intrested in "blingbling"...

Yeah, bags with blingy gold hardware were really in last season. I've personally always loved bling blingy stuff, but I still can't stand the hardware on these bags. It's so distracting and overwhelming. It distracts attn away from everything I love about these bags. :sad:

does the purse style come with the larger hardware?

No more purse style. It's been discontinued.

I don't mind some bling, either. But there's elegant bling and tacky bling. I don't even completely mind the new hardware on all bags in all colors - some I sort of like, and I love that there's a change.... but....

why the texture? why not just a tad smaller? and...

Balenciaga has never been a bling designer, but more of an edgy one.

I think the hardware is kinda cool on some colors. Especially in the work and the brief size. Its not for me, but I would admire it on someone else.

I also love the size of the handles on the city in the giant hardware. I wish they would make them that way with normal hardware.