Balmain Double breasted blazer help

Just want to share my sizing advice since I recently purchased my first two Balmain Blazers. I have a small waist and normally wear an XS in Zara Blazers & a Small Top and purchased a Nude with Silver Buttons in size 36 as well as the Black with Gold Buttons in a size 38.

Size 36: Fits perfectly throughout the body/shoulders - but I find the arms a bit tight in the upper arm area so I can really wear light clothing underneath, which is fine as the nude blazer I mainly plan to wear with t-shirts, etc.

Size 38: The arms fit perfectly, I'll be able to wear in Fall/Winter with my knitwear underneath so it's great for layering. It's definitely bigger in the chest/body area (I have a small bust), but doesn't look overwhelming. I would consider having the waist nipped in if I can find a good enough tailor, but I'd also wear it as is.

Does anyone have any experience with having their Balmain Blazers altered? The waist or chest bought in? I'm a little nervous since it's such a pricey piece!

Nude with silver is so pretty - please post mod pics :loveeyes:

Bumping this thread again because I've decided I want to splurge, especially after my upcoming promotion.
I get the general consensus that it runs a bit smaller than TTS. I'm typically a M or L depending on the brand, definitely an L at Zara but I'm thinking of getting a 42 just so its not so fitted. I would wear it into work and keep it on at my desk since it's freezing in my office and it'll be my staple for business class flights so I don't want it to be tight and restricting. Thoughts?

Bumping this thread again because I've decided I want to splurge, especially after my upcoming promotion.
I get the general consensus that it runs a bit smaller than TTS. I'm typically a M or L depending on the brand, definitely an L at Zara but I'm thinking of getting a 42 just so its not so fitted. I would wear it into work and keep it on at my desk since it's freezing in my office and it'll be my staple for business class flights so I don't want it to be tight and restricting. Thoughts?
You won't regret getting one, and it's a great idea to keep it in your office. Not only will you get great value per wear, but it's such a powerful look to wear out in professional settings, but makes a casual jeans outfit really smart. Great investment piece and top notch quality.

It definitely runs one size small imo.

Reactions: am2022
Has anyone seen the longer Balmain blazer? I don't think that they have done this longer length before. It looks as if the overall cut is more generous as well. I don't know if you will lose the fitted look with the longer length.

Ok so I just ordered a Balmain Blazer. I tried it on instore and felt it was perfect. Now I have it the arm holes are tight and the arms, I'm ok size 8 in 95 percent of clothing so am feeling frustrated! Does the fabric soften after a few wears as I feel this is part of the problem?

Also I really don't want to return it because I bought it with a 25% discount!

Any advice?

Ok so I just ordered a Balmain Blazer. I tried it on instore and felt it was perfect. Now I have it the arm holes are tight and the arms, I'm ok size 8 in 95 percent of clothing so am feeling frustrated! Does the fabric soften after a few wears as I feel this is part of the problem?

Any advice?

I too feel the armholes are very tight - but after a while I really don’t notice it :smile: it may have soften a tiny bit.

Any advice?
If it's tight in those areas, it's not a good fit and over time the tugging may weaken the fabric...why not exchange?

After extensive research on internet and watched tons of youtubers reviews, I finally decided to purchase my first ever Balmain wool blazer in Black Friday sale. I got it 50% discount plus my voucher.. I said it was a big bargain as I looked everywhere, it was the cheapest on the whole internet even after taxes and duties paid. Got it via Luisaviaroma on Friday and received package Monday morning! I tried it on straight away! Oh my goodness, the craftsmanship is amazing! You know it straight away it is such a quality piece and the rest of your blazers look a bit dull compared to Balmain!

Reactions: Raffaluv
To share my options on its sizing. I am so glad I went for French sizing 36. I wasn't sure between 34 and 36 as I am very petite, but majority of people commented they run small. They really do run SMALL!! Guys if you are thinking of investing this go for one size up! I am usually US 2, AU 6, UK6, IT36. For Balmain 36 fits just enough to tuck in light t shirt underneath, anything more than that is difficult! I can't image how small 34 will be...:

Reactions: Glam_Mum♡
To share my options on its sizing. I am so glad I went for French sizing 36. I wasn't sure between 34 and 36 as I am very petite, but majority of people commented they run small. They really do run SMALL!! Guys if you are thinking of investing this go for one size up! I am usually US 2, AU 6, UK6, IT36. For Balmain 36 fits just enough to tuck in light t shirt underneath, anything more than that is difficult! I can't image how small 34 will be...:
Congrats, that's an amazing deal. Which color did you get? I'm looking to add to my collection and can't decide the next one.

Congrats, that's an amazing deal. Which color did you get? I'm looking to add to my collection and can't decide the next one.
I initially selected the Tan one but was hesitant to place the order because of the color. But I did not want to let go of the good deal,so I was refreshing my page and looking on the website back and forth for hours. This by far is the most expensive clothing I have ever owned. I owned many expensive shoes and bags, but clothes not such a hefty price! Suddenly the golden brown one appeared to be available in French Sizing 36. I was sure it was not there beforehand, god knows what happened. I believe it was meant to be mine haha and I actually quite like the golden brown colour as it looks very chic, not something it looks cheap! I immediately purchased without a second thought, as I know, if I sat on it, it will be gone in the next minute! I am so happy that I got it as I cant wait to play with it even though it means I have to wait at least 6 months to wear it. I live in New Zealand, we are in summer:sad::sad::sad:

My one is this, all sizes sold out!
I really like this color, great choice! I totally get what you mean about spending so much on clothing, but the quality is amazing and I love blazers. It's a classic piece to own and you can't beat a brand new one at your discount. I wear mine to work and on weekends with jeans and a structured bag. It just takes your style up a notch with the buttons and cut.

Reactions: Raffaluv