Balmain Double breasted blazer help

Hi everyone,
I noticed that some Balmain blazers have 3 buttons on the sleeves and the newer ones have 5. Anyone know what season is the 3 button ones from? I am guessing they are older. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,
I noticed that some Balmain blazers have 3 buttons on the sleeves and the newer ones have 5. Anyone know what season is the 3 button ones from? I am guessing they are older. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the 5-buttons is the newer/later year version, starting last season. The 3-buttons one is the older style. I have only one from 2017 winter. From my eyes, the cutting is a little bit different as well, but I didn't compare them side by side.

Reactions: missha
Really? Only last season? So 3 button sleeves are not that old then? Just couple years? I'm asking because I came across a beautiful Balmain leather blazer in almost new condition for a really good price and it's too gorgeous to pass up! I actually love the 3 buttons too

Really? Only last season? So 3 button sleeves are not that old then? Just couple years? I'm asking because I came across a beautiful Balmain leather blazer in almost new condition for a really good price and it's too gorgeous to pass up! I actually love the 3 buttons too

I actually didn't start looking at this blazer until 2016/2017. I don't exact know which year Balmain started making the 5-button ones, but I believe it is the recent years. I personally like the 5-buttons version better. Balmain blazer's cuts and structure are unbelievably sharp!

Reactions: BigAkoya
Hi Everyone!
I've just ordered mine in black wool on MyTheresa! With 5 buttons[emoji6]
Took size 38 (S/M), I'm wondering how it will fit
I'm 156cm and use to wear size S for tops and jackets
Will let you know when I try it on + modelling pics!

I actually didn't start looking at this blazer until 2016/2017. I don't exact know which year Balmain started making the 5-button ones, but I believe it is the recent years. I personally like the 5-buttons version better. Balmain blazer's cuts and structure are unbelievably sharp!
I agree they are absolutely gorgeous i also started looking at them around the same time as you! I own the Magenta, white and also the black wool all with 5 buttons but the leather one was pretty pricey so I am so excited I came across the 3 buttons one for cheaper! I ended up getting it hehe

Hi Everyone!
I've just ordered mine in black wool on MyTheresa! With 5 buttons[emoji6]
Took size 38 (S/M), I'm wondering how it will fit
I'm 156cm and use to wear size S for tops and jackets
Will let you know when I try it on + modelling pics!
Sounds like it should fit well...I have the nude one and love it. I'm sure it'll keep going up in price too so good to buy now. Did you get gold or silver buttons?

Reactions: realcoachlover
Just want to share my sizing advice since I recently purchased my first two Balmain Blazers. I have a small waist and normally wear an XS in Zara Blazers & a Small Top and purchased a Nude with Silver Buttons in size 36 as well as the Black with Gold Buttons in a size 38.

Size 36: Fits perfectly throughout the body/shoulders - but I find the arms a bit tight in the upper arm area so I can really wear light clothing underneath, which is fine as the nude blazer I mainly plan to wear with t-shirts, etc.

Size 38: The arms fit perfectly, I'll be able to wear in Fall/Winter with my knitwear underneath so it's great for layering. It's definitely bigger in the chest/body area (I have a small bust), but doesn't look overwhelming. I would consider having the waist nipped in if I can find a good enough tailor, but I'd also wear it as is.

Does anyone have any experience with having their Balmain Blazers altered? The waist or chest bought in? I'm a little nervous since it's such a pricey piece!

I wear Zara blazer small, and I got the Balmain 5 buttons blazer, black wool with silver buttons, in size 38. I can button up, and my arms fit in the sleeves and not overly tight.

In regards of alteration, I personally won't do it. I think it's shoulder, chest and waist are all well proportioned. I am afraid alterations will change its look.

Reactions: mal and heiress-ox