B-bag ladies - what do you carry when it's raining?

on rainy days.... an umbrella ^.~
I have not so much fear of the occasionally raindrop.. I think bbgas can handle that very well!
But then again I like the more worn in look always better than the brand new look so its all a matter of view :smile:
I like it when bbags get even more character :smile:
But of course I wouldnt want the bag to get real bad stains!

If it's not torrential rain, I'll take my anthra twiggy. She's been to Scotland so I know she can handle the rain! Or I might take one of my Chloe Silverados, or if it's really really heavy rain, a Mimco (australian brand) black leather bag that has been caught in a few storms before and been fine :yes:

I'm happy to use my Bals if it rains - they have all been waterproofed first of course.

I find waterproofing is super on Bbags. I always give mine a 'just in case' spray before I take them out. I live in Ireland which is a rainy place. You could go out in fine weather then get caught in a heavy shower. But I have used other bags in the rain and have sometimes found they've been quite badly affected, despite waterproofing. This happpened to me yesterday with a bag that WASN'T Balenciaga, or my Prada Nylon. Despite spraying, the leather took a long time to dry out and ended up with a few stains on the front.

it's raining in normally-sunny LA today, and my blue india day is holding up rather well. i take care to not let her get drenched (i'm psychotic about using my umbrella even if it's a light mist/sprinkle), but i know she got a bit of rain on her.

I find that it's not rain that's the problem with bbags, it's too much sun! I said on another thread that I took my sapphire RTT to sicily and walked around all day with her in the sun and she's never been the same since! She's a shade lighter now :sad:

When it rains I take an umbrella out with me or something in Louis Vuitton MG.... Nothing can destroy those!

I love my Bals for many reason: but weather proofing is not one of them. I do love my black Gerard Darel bags for awful weather. I don't know what it is about the leather, but it's impossible to mess up no matter how hard it's raining or snowing. They're my total knock around bag! :heart:

I use my trusty 07 black rh day bag. It's taken a beating through rain and sun, and although it looks a bit worse for the wear, I'd rather get that wet than any of the other bbags. I figure I can have one for bad weather. I don't use any other bags, so it's my only option. But I've been known to put the day bag under my coat or jacket in the rain. I look a bit weird and bulg-ey, but it's worth it. Have to say that sometimes I do feel a bit ridiculous protecting the bag like it's a baby...

well...after a bad experience, i will never take a Bbag when it's rainning.
I explain why : one day i took my RV work although the weather was uncertain. unlucky i am ! it's raining ! just a little but enough to ruin my ivory coat :cursing: my arms got red zebra !!!
it never gone...

Now i use my Damier ribera or my dior pink rain.