B-bag ladies - what do you carry when it's raining?

I unload everything into a Longchamp tote. Love those hardy little things! :lol:

Hmmm...this is a good idea. I have never owned a Longchamp before. I suppose that I could just keep it in the car to pull it out when the weather turns icky when I am out. If I know the weather is icky I carry LV canvas or old Coach, but sometimes the weather turns on you unexpectedly. It would be really helpful to have something in the car to protect my bags on such occasions.

thank goodness we don't get a lot of rain here in cali but even if we do, I don't think I'm brave enough to take my city out. I prob get a heart attack before a drop of rain water gets on it LOL

I use my good old longchamp.

I just tough it out! I'm in the UK so not carrying your bag on a rainy day would pretty much mean never carrying it at all! I've got a Papyrus City and a Praline City, both light colours. Neither show any lasting damage from rain and Papyrus has been absolutely soaked on several occasions. Never treated the leather either. I think Bal bags are tougher than people think!

I just tough it out! I'm in the UK so not carrying your bag on a rainy day would pretty much mean never carrying it at all! I've got a Papyrus City and a Praline City, both light colours. Neither show any lasting damage from rain and Papyrus has been absolutely soaked on several occasions. Never treated the leather either. I think Bal bags are tougher than people think!

I agree. I have a lighter coloured bag, and live in a climate identical to the UK. I swore I would never carry it in the rain, but it happened earlier this week by accident. There were no lasting effects, and I would do it again (although would try to avoid an obvious downpour)

When it rains, I rely on bags I don't baby, such as my blue acier city and my black velo. They've held up just fine. No water damage. My blue acier hasn't faded at all either.

When I lived in Boston (where there is a fair amount of rain:rain::storm:smile:, I just toughed it out with my Bal bag. They dry and never had a problem. Now that I'm in sunny SoCal :sunshine:, I don't need to worry about the rain .. THANK GOD!