Authenticate This Vivienne Westwood

Call me dumb, but I didnt think there were a market for fake Vivienne Westwood bags:sweatdrop:

There's a HUGE market. The brand is extremely popular in China, especially Hong Kong. There are tons of fakes being made in HK and China for that market. I've seen quite a few in the local Chinese malls in my city as well.

When I was living in HK my friend tried to take me to these places that sell discounted VW stuff, but I was too paranoid so I only purchased from the actual VW boutiques.

There's a HUGE market. The brand is extremely popular in China, especially Hong Kong. There are tons of fakes being made in HK and China for that market. I've seen quite a few in the local Chinese malls in my city as well.

When I was living in HK my friend tried to take me to these places that sell discounted VW stuff, but I was too paranoid so I only purchased from the actual VW boutiques.

Oooh wow! okay..

I'm sorry to say but I think it is FAKE based on the 2 Vivienne Westwood bags that I have. The shiny metal label inside usually says:

Vivienne
Westwood
LONDON
GENUINE LEATHER MADE IN ITALY (smaller font size)

I'm shocked how cheap they are sold at ebay and I looked at most of the labels of these bags and they usually just says LONDON and below it GENUINE LEATHER. If you look people who selling VW bags for 600 or more and aren't so scared of taking photos of the metal label inside, you'll see what I'm saying.

Hello dear fellow PFers,

Could anyone help me authenticate this Vivienne Westwood bag? I found it on eBay and thought it was really beautiful and very roomy for my student life style. It costs around 160 pounds ($320) on eBay. Maybe a bit too cheap to be authentic? I so want to go ahead and buy it but I'm trying to be reasonable, since carrying a fake designer bag would be the last thing for me to do.

Thanks a lot.

Please, help to authenticate these 2 Westwood's bags.
I tried to compare with similar items. It seems to look authentic. But as the seller is from Taiwan (although huge positive feedback - over 700 and member for 2 years over), I have doubts. :confused1:
Pls, help me! I really need a funny bright tartan bag! :crybaby:
There are very detailed pictures in these auctions!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Auth-Japan-...QQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item250355599718

http://cgi.ebay.com/BN-Auth-Japan-V...ItemQQimsxZ20090110?IMSfp=TL090110114005r4899

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Thank you very much for replies!
Really, sad... those are sooo cute bags :hysteric:

By the way, is it possible to find on ebay authentic Vivi's bowling tartan bag? Once i've read an opinion that this brand's all tartan bags listed on ebay are fake .