Authenticate This Luella

hi all,

I'm new to the purse forum. Could someone authenticate these bags for me please?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130207996314&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220214652577&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

BTW: Don't want to offend anyone, but who does the authenticating? Just wondering, cos nothing to stop the sellers at ebay authenticating bags, right?

Thanks for all your help

chinesegem - Hi there, and welcome to the Forum!

Firstly with regard to who authenticates. I would point out that any authentication is based on personal opinion, and is not guaranteed. Members here give their opinion as to the authenticity (or otherwise) of items based on knowledge which they themselves have gained through owning the bags and from research. None of the members here are paid - and do this voluntarily, in an attempt to help others. Its entirely possible for EBay sellers to be Purse Forum members - but in general terms - if an item is asked about and it is theirs - they can state it is their item - but they are never allowed to post their own listings - or in fact make definitive references to them. It is always advised that you obtain at least two opinions on any bag you are interested in - so you should feel safe in that knowledge.

Your question is of course quite valid - but also can I state that in real terms none of us personally know who one another are - and it is entirely possible for the fakers to be here and ask questions in an attempt to glean information and in turn make their own products better.:yes:

Please always feel free to post on any bag you see which you are interested in - in the appropriate Authenticate This thread.

The second bag you has posted is a Mulberry Roxanne and I'd suggest you post this in the Mulberry ATC - link below - I've had a look at it - but I'm not convinced on it - but there are girls there who really know the Roxanne - and will be happy to help -

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/authenticate-this-mulberry-166457-175.html

The first bag - the Pink Luella Giselle. This is an original Giselle made by Luella but manufactured by Mulberry. Whereas now Luella bags are manufactured under the Luella name fullstop, and not by Mulberry. This one for me looks good - and I can't see anything which alarms me on it. I would say this is most probably authentic.

Hope that helps - if not - please do post back. I'm always happy to help.

Thanks Lescoy. So kind of you to post such a detailed answer. It is much appreciated. In a world of fakes, I really want the real thing. I bought my Tyler in chocolate brown at one of Mulberry Bond Street samples sales and have fallen in love in Mulberry now.

Will post the Roxy in the link you provided.

Thanks again.

Thanks Lescoy. So kind of you to post such a detailed answer. It is much appreciated. In a world of fakes, I really want the real thing. I bought my Tyler in chocolate brown at one of Mulberry Bond Street samples sales and have fallen in love in Mulberry now.

Will post the Roxy in the link you provided.

Thanks again.

chinesegem - Hi. As a thought - register on the Mulberry website -

www.mulberry.com

If you do that - then you will get a 'heads up' when the online sale is about to start - and generally get a couple of days prior to the general public being able to log into it - so you can sometimes manage to grab a bargain. Definitely worth registering!:yes:

I'm on their mailing list already so get sent invites to sample sales, sales and new launches already. I think my emails and letter also entitles me to an additional 10% off, but have still yet been able to afford a new bag from them. I'm saving though!!

I'm on their mailing list already so get sent invites to sample sales, sales and new launches already. I think my emails and letter also entitles me to an additional 10% off, but have still yet been able to afford a new bag from them. I'm saving though!!

chinesegem - Ah, thats good your registered! Definitely keep an eye on EBay though - there are authentic Mulberry and Luella listed - its just sussing out which is real and which is fake. Do post anything you see in the appropriate Authenticate This threads - there are always members happy to help.

Thank you lorihmatthews. BTW what are the things that you should watch out for fake Luella bags please. Do they sale fake Cole Haan bags on Ebay? Sorry I am new here so I have lot of questions ... please bear with me

Thank you lorihmatthews. BTW what are the things that you should watch out for fake Luella bags please. Do they sale fake Cole Haan bags on Ebay? Sorry I am new here so I have lot of questions ... please bear with me

Mad about Bags - Hi there - and don't worry about asking questions - we're all here to help.

Basically there are pretty much fake everything on EBay - most designer bags are faked to one extent or another - and some of the fakes are pretty good. I would say that certainly with Chloe where I'm usually around - fakes on EBay UK far outweigh the authentic - last time I checked there were 249 Chloe bags listed and 8 of those were authentic! Pretty poor odds - but it does differ from designer to designer. So if in doubt or if you are interested in anything - please do post on the appropriate thread. :yes:There's always someone happy to help.:tup:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AUTH-LUELLA-RED-CANVAS-LEATHER-BABY-GISELLE-BAG-BNWT_W0QQitemZ320232347462QQihZ011QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The leather hearts logo look pretty flat to me ..... I have only seen well padded leather hearts but the seller said it 's made in Turkey. What are your thought/s ladies?
Thank you so much.

Mad about Bags - Hi, I just had a look at this Luella - I haven't seen this IRL - but I see what you mean about the hearts however, I've seen this on authentic Luella as well. I'd suggest you maybe ask the seller for a photo of the dustbag and the tags - they aren't shown - and gives us the opportunity just to double check these. Its not 'screaming' fake - but I would suggest you wait for more opinion.:yes:

I'm not sure about this style, but I do know these bags (when they first appeared in the US at least) were made in Turkey. Please ask the seller for a picture of the origin tag. It should be inside the interior zippered pocket. They are hard to find -- the seller will probably have to turn the entire pocket inside out. If it's made in Turkey, it's real.