Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hmm, out of curiosity, I am asking the brilliant authenticators to scrutinize this bag. Is it a total fake? (the hardware and creed, among others!) I have never seen such details on a vintage Coach bag.
Thank you!
eBay seller is grae717
Yup, total fake.

Any time you see a "made in Korea" creed and/or xxx-xx or xxx-xxx serial number, those are obvious indicators of fakes.

Beenburned, Thank you so much! What a surprise!!
I was skeptical when I saw this patch that shouts out 'coach' when other chunky case I have doesn't have one but a small cartouche on the outside (subtleness I like).

Out of curiosity, do you know whether the difference between the two cases (creed vs. no creed patch) come from manufacturing years?
The chunky cases I have had had creeds without serial numbers.

I'm not sure if it's the year(s) or factories that account for differences.

Maybe @whateve and @Hyacinth might be better able to answer with specifics.

The chunky cases I have had had creeds without serial numbers.

I'm not sure if it's the year(s) or factories that account for differences.

Maybe @whateve and @Hyacinth might be better able to answer with specifics.

I'd have to defer to @whateve on that one. I've never owned one, and trying to figure out the differences between the real and fake ones, even with photos, just gives me a splitting headache.

Hello,
Could I kindly ask you yto help me authenticate this Coach station bag. I think it's genuine but not 100% sure and I would like your advised opinion.

Item: Coach Vtg Station Bag 5130 Classic Chocolate Leather Satchel Crossbody Purse.
Listing number:n° 153354813849
Seller and site where listed: Ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.fr/itm/153354813849?hash=item23b4a8c199:g:o-0AAOSwjmRcTf7x
Comments:
Thanks a lot for your help!

Have a good day :smile:

Hmm, out of curiosity, I am asking the brilliant authenticators to scrutinize this bag. Is it a total fake? (the hardware and creed, among others!) I have never seen such details on a vintage Coach bag.
Thank you!
eBay seller is grae717

Searching JUST here at tPF for posts ONLY by me containing the words "made in korea" brings up 13 PAGES of posts, at 20 posts per page. And almost every single post will say that Coach has never made purses, handbags, wallets or briefcases in Korea. I've been posting the same warning both here and at the Ebay forums for probably 15 years. My first post on the subject here at tPF goes back to 2006. Just searching here for "coach korea" shows the maximum 25 pages of posts only back to 2014. There are another 30 pages of posts that are even older. While not all of them are about Korean fakes or were posted by me, the vast majority are.

There's even a post that shows a now non-functioning link back to what must have been one of my first Daria48 Fake Numbers Lists posted at the old Ebay forums dated February 12, 2007. That's how far back this goes:

Just for the record, we HAVE seen a handful of apparently genuine clothing items such as jackets and coats (but more fakes than real examples even including fake "Seoul Olympics" items) and even what was apparently a sample or very limited run of one or two possibly genuine travel bags or suitcases, but NEVER any genuine examples of what I listed in the previous paragraph with a Made In Korea creed or the always-fake serial number format with too few digits and usually missing the "No" abbreviation.

Last edited:
Please and thank you for your expertise!! :smile: I bought this thing from shop goodwill online and now I've got it looks really peculiar. No creed, no inner labels of any kind. https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/131058409 There's a lot of like scuffing and/or flaking of the material on the outside of the bag. The embossing of Coach in gold is uneven and faint on one side. If you all think it's fake, I'll ask to return it. 10 inches by 7 inches.

Last edited:
Please and thank you for your expertise!! :smile: I bought this thing from shop goodwill online and now I've got it looks really peculiar. No creed, no inner labels of any kind. https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/131058409 There's a lot of like scuffing and/or flaking of the material on the outside of the bag. The embossing of Coach in gold is uneven and faint on one side. If you all think it's fake, I'll ask to return it. 10 inches by 7 inches.

If a bag that size, 10 x 7 inches, didn't have a creed or serial number, it's fake. Take it back.

If a bag that size, 10 x 7 inches, didn't have a creed or serial number, it's fake. Take it back.
Check inside the interior pocket (and/or side seams) for a small white label with a serial number-type of marking.

Don't ask for a return yet. I think it might be okay.

Check inside the interior pocket (and/or side seams) for a small white label with a serial number-type of marking.

Don't ask for a return yet. I think it might be okay.
Hi, I looked further. I did find a tag it said made in China, translucent material, and apparently it had been snipped off. I'm including a photo of the interior. Thanks!! No serial number to be found.

Attachments

• 20211019_123621.jpg
    20211019_123621.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 19
Request for authentication, opinions…

Seller: gemsolderthani

I purchased this a while ago and it’s still bugging me. This “early stewardess” has “solid brass” buckles that appear to have been only plated which has worn off and a bad replacement male turnlock piece, but only 2 slits where the old one was. This bag also has the Coach cartouche embossed on the first inside pocket and “top grain cowhide” in gold on the inside zipper pocket. It measures 11 x 9.5 x 4. I’ve included some detailed shots and if anything else is needed let me know. Any input is appreciated!

A86E9FAA-9401-4006-90FF-1B10736B6A88.jpegF5CC0C00-C6FA-4020-9BAD-BBC998E749E4.jpeg34F9495F-E349-405E-9576-2839F37565BC.jpegF7DCC37C-9403-4CF5-ACF0-211082CC4FA2.jpegFB6E6A33-322F-4772-80B7-CB6F4740DEFC.jpeg

Hi, I looked further. I did find a tag it said made in China, translucent material, and apparently it had been snipped off. I'm including a photo of the interior. Thanks!! No serial number to be found.
Still no red flags.

Feel around and check the bottom left corner inside the open pocket. I think there should be a tag there. You may have to almost turn that pocket inside out to photograph it.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Hello,
Could I kindly ask you yto help me authenticate this Coach station bag. I think it's genuine but not 100% sure and I would like your advised opinion.

Item: Coach Vtg Station Bag 5130 Classic Chocolate Leather Satchel Crossbody Purse.
Listing number:n° 153354813849
Seller and site where listed: Ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.fr/itm/153354813849?hash=item23b4a8c199:g:o-0AAOSwjmRcTf7x
Comments:
Thanks a lot for your help!

Have a good day :smile:

Genuine, and made in 1996

Reactions: Jacynthe
Still no red flags.

Feel around and check the bottom left corner inside the open pocket. I think there should be a tag there. You may have to almost turn that pocket inside out to photograph it.
I appreciate you guys taking the time to think about this one. Here's a photo of the 2 pocket corners inside out. Nada. No tag. The hardware looks good, the bulk of the exterior material looks good. I suppose it could be a fluke that there's no tag inside perhaps a factory mistake?

Attachments

• 20211019_125305.jpg
    20211019_125305.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 10