Attn. Miroir Owners-Stiches start to ripped!?

LV is very high priced, if people do not buy it for quality, they buy it for status.

I disagree. With any purchase my interest in the item takes precedence over everything. I buy things because I like them. It's really simple for me. Quality is a factor and of course style. But, status? Can an inert object increase your social position in life? I don't think it can. It's just a bag. :smile:

I am sorry, you seem to have misunderstood my post. My opinion is that you have a right to be happy with your purchase and if you are not happy you have the right not to purchase it/ return it. People's opinions do matter prior to purchase - I return to this thread and others to find out why people do or don't like in a bag, and what problems they might have after purchase. But I have to be totally satisfied when I make a purchase and nobody else should tell me I'm being picky if I am unsatisfied with the quality of the product

An SA is there to serve a customer. And the SA's job is to provide customer satisfaction to the utmost. To me the SA is the representative of the seller, and as a buyer I do not go to the store to be friends with the SA. I suppose one could sympathize with the SA if one were an SA oneself and had to deal with customers all day and are dissatisfied with one's own job.

I'm there to pay money and buy something, and expect goods and services to be provided (by the SA) accordingly. Any customer visiting a store should be treated like a VIP, in my opinion...

I agree!

Yes, I agree with you that customer service is the most important, but have you considered the SA's position?

Yea, I did. Their position is to stay in the front line representing the company to the customers and to serve them. The company decided to open up a store in the mall so that everybody can visit. They could have opened one up on top of a mountain and the only way to get there is by helicopter (I'm exaggerating, but I hope you know what I mean ;)). They could have made their store hours from Mon to Fri 9-5 so that only those people who are wealthy enough to not have to work can visit the store. A company has 200 different ways to make themselves exclusive. If the company decides to make their products available to the general public, then the SAs should better get their azzzz going.

It is not the SA's position to filter out the company's customer base. Their job is to keep the customer happy, simple! If there're too many snobs entering the store, they can definitely report to the manager and let the company decide whether to keep the store open or not.

Being a customer service rep is not easy in anywhere, and it's not going to be easier to work in higher-end stores. If they don't like the job, please find another one and for God's sake stop disgracing the company. I was also a customer service rep for a short period of time and I know.

Now I only hope that LV didn't train/allow the SAs to be rude to the customers. ;)

I disagree. With any purchase my interest in the item takes precedence over everything. I buy things because I like them. It's really simple for me. Quality is a factor and of course style. But, status? Can an inert object increase your social position in life? I don't think it can. It's just a bag. :smile:

I totally agree. It's not like after I started carrying LV, people respected me more or thought of me any higher than I was before :shrugs:
Being able to buy LV, you may make others think that you are somewhat wealthier/better off than others, but a few (or many :lol:) bags doesn't make your status any higher :shrugs:

Belive it or not, a Louis Vuitton bag Can increase social status. Your totally right that it is just a bag but many people see the bag as a status symbol because it costs alot of cash. For example, why do celebrities buy Louis Vuitton ?...they buy it because they can afford it, this shows their Status of how much they can spend on a bag. When Louis Vuitton started off...it was meant for rich people who were very high in society and now that normal people such as ourselves can afford it, Louis Vuitton is producing more of it. Louis Vuitton is now aimed at people who like style and fashion, if a person from the street is willing to save...then they themselves can have a peice of Louis Vuitton. I know for a fact from personal experience that the LV logo makes people assume that you have money. :smile:

LOL ! Sorry Im going on here, I like the discussion. I just wanted to let you know about a personal experience.

I started buying LV at the age of 14, I had saw a pic of David beckham carrying a keepall. I didnt have a clue what the LV logo meant. I bought a Louis Vitton :lol: Keepall on Ebay for $200, this is ALOT of money to me at this time...afterall it was only a bag and not something I would use everyday. The bag was a fake and I didnt know the differece. I took it on Holiday with me about a month after I got it. I was proud to carry LV. Alot of people said "wow hes got an LV bag"...I felt so good. Being honest I carried it as a status symbol because it got me nearer to living the beckhams lifestyle. I found out a month later that Luis Vuitton was actually Louis Vuitton :wtf: LOL and later that year I got educted about Louis Vuitton and got a Real Louis Vuitton Keepall. I have learnt that now I shouldnt carry something because of a status symbol...It shouldnt matter to me. I now buy Louis Vuitton because of the quality and the craftmanship on the bag. Also the history of Louis Vuitton really interests me. I would rather Damier over Monogram because its less flashy. :smile:

Belive it or not, a Louis Vuitton bag Can increase social status. Your totally right that it is just a bag but many people see the bag as a status symbol because it costs alot of cash. For example, why do celebrities buy Louis Vuitton ?...they buy it because they can afford it, this shows their Status of how much they can spend on a bag. When Louis Vuitton started off...it was meant for rich people who were very high in society and now that normal people such as ourselves can afford it, Louis Vuitton is producing more of it. Louis Vuitton is now aimed at people who like style and fashion, if a person from the street is willing to save...then they themselves can have a peice of Louis Vuitton. I know for a fact from personal experience that the LV logo makes people assume that you have money. :smile:

I think you are over-generalizing here...after seeing all the problems that do occur with Louis Vuitton bags, I certainly stopped buying LV for the sole reason of "quality". I doubt my transparent inclusion will last forever, and I'm sure pretty soon my Miroir will start to have scratches...but I'm not buying LV just to tell people I'm rich either.
What I bolded from your quote, is the right way to say it...but please don't generalize and say that if people don't buy for quality, then they're buying for status. I certainly don't think any higher of myself now just because I'm carrying a designer bag.

I agree. Someone could be in major debt and only be seen in designer labels...but they do not suddenly become a member of the elite/upper class. Too many people assume that those who buy LV are rich. As we all know, that's totally false! Just because someone sees you with an LV bag and assumes you have a high social status doesn't mean you do :idea: Some LV owners may enjoy that false sense of pride...but I couldn't careless!

I think you are over-generalizing here...after seeing all the problems that do occur with Louis Vuitton bags, I certainly stopped buying LV for the sole reason of "quality". I doubt my transparent inclusion will last forever, and I'm sure pretty soon my Miroir will start to have scratches...but I'm not buying LV just to tell people I'm rich either.
What I bolded from your quote, is the right way to say it...but please don't generalize and say that if people don't buy for quality, then they're buying for status. I certainly don't think any higher of myself now just because I'm carrying a designer bag.

Sorry Karman I didnt mean to generalize, all I meant was that Some people do buy it for Status. Although nothing lasts forever, it should still be good quality for over $500. I hope your Miroir is ok :flowers:

I just wonder what these bags are going to look like 6 months and a year from now? If LV says this is normal I doubt they are going to go out of their way to replace the bags or offer any type of customer service. The more I am reading about these bags the more problems I see ahead with them. I myself personally did not like these bags but one would think that they would be of excellent quality and not give buyers problems. Don't you feel the creases in the straps will rip?

I agree. Someone could be in major debt and only be seen in designer labels...but they do not suddenly become a member of the elite/upper class. Too many people assume that those who buy LV are rich. As we all know, that's totally false! Just because someone sees you with an LV bag and assumes you have a high social status doesn't mean you do :idea: Some LV owners may enjoy that false sense of pride...but I couldn't careless!

ITA at 1st I bought because I wanted to been seen with the same bag as the beckhams but NOW I see thats this is totally wrong. LV shouldnt be about status, afterall its only a bag but it should be seen about the craftmanship and history of Louis Vuitton. :smile:

Sorry Karman I didnt mean to generalize, all I meant was that Some people do buy it for Status. Although nothing lasts forever, it should still be good quality for over $500. I hope your Miroir is ok :flowers:

That's okay, just make sure you say "some people" next time then. ;)
I'm sure a lot of people do buy for status, but I don't think very many tPFers are like that here...because if they're part of a purse forum, I'm sure they have a true passion for handbags. :love:

There are different kinds of people in the world. There are people who like LV because it's a long-standing name brand, others who like it because of it's reputed timelessness, others who just like the design and don't care at all who the designer was, if any ..and there are people who buy LV because they think it will make them have some status in the eye of the beholder.

From the beholder's point of view - if the beholders are people who are impressed by brand names and think 'possessor of designer item=rich person', they'll be more attentive and provide better service, if service is needed (people go into stores carrying LVs because they think SAs treat them better then). If the beholders are people who don't approve of brand-name wear they might think you are nouveu-riche and naive and snub you. If they are like a majority of other people they'll just not notice and go about their own business!

I just wonder what these bags are going to look like 6 months and a year from now? If LV says this is normal I doubt they are going to go out of their way to replace the bags or offer any type of customer service. The more I am reading about these bags the more problems I see ahead with them. I myself personally did not like these bags but one would think that they would be of excellent quality and not give buyers problems. Don't you feel the creases in the straps will rip?

yeah , I too am wondering this. I see 60 year old bags on ebay in good condition and what will the Miroir bags look like in 60 years ?.