Attn. Miroir Owners-Stiches start to ripped!?

Nothing is perfect and no amount of money will ever get you something that is. :smile:

True.

Besides, some very expensive things are extremely delicate and not meant for everyday use. All my evening shoes, for example.

But I also agree that the stitching shouldn't be coming out within two weeks of usage (if you haven't been abusing it). There are different qualities of PVC and stitching on PVC and Louis Vuitton, as a luxury brand, should use the best quality.

Again, even the vachetta on the BH does this. I believe Michelle took pictures of it once..it's just the curve of the strap and is unavoidable whether you use it or not. It doesn't mean it's not "high quality" it just means that it's the way the strap is sewn on, twisted around, then sewn on the other side. The only textile that WOULDN'T do this is metal or hard plastic (not the soft pvc used on these bags).
I personally do NOT see this as a flaw of any kind because it's supposed to happen; but if it's really going to bother people then you should just return it and get something else.

I agree.

Maybe Louis Vuitton should have made these bags with PVC that was already curved? That would have avoided this issue.

Nothing is perfect and no amount of money will ever get you something that is. :smile:

Nothing is perfect, true. But I believe in value for money, and a buyer being satisfied with their purchase. That's all there is to it. Arguing that the flaw is minor, that people are too picky, one shouldn't buy expensive products if one is picky about details is so not the point.

The person who spends the $$ is the one who should be happy. Anybody else's 2 cents on the matter are of no importance.

Nothing is perfect, true. But I believe in value for money, and a buyer being satisfied with their purchase. That's all there is to it. Arguing that the flaw is minor, that people are too picky, one shouldn't buy expensive products if one is picky about details is so not the point.

The person who spends the $$ is the one who should be happy. Anybody else's 2 cents on the matter are of no importance.

totally agree!!

lol omg.... this is also one of the reasons some SAs 'appear' to be snobby and put their nose up high in the air (mostly in Europe). Yes, I agree with you that customer service is the most important, but have you considered the SA's position? I was just talking to my SA yesterday (my dad was there too) and saying how some customers come in and expect to be treated like a VIP. Just because you're spending money there doesn't mean that you will be able to get everything/anything you want. Also, if no one else's opinion matters, then why do you still return to this thread to look at others' opinion? lol Peace out!:biggrin:

True.

Besides, some very expensive things are extremely delicate and not meant for everyday use. All my evening shoes, for example.

But I also agree that the stitching shouldn't be coming out within two weeks of usage (if you haven't been abusing it). There are different qualities of PVC and stitching on PVC and Louis Vuitton, as a luxury brand, should use the best quality.

Again, I don't think the OP meant the stitches are ripping off. I think she means that the underside of the handles have ripples on the surface.

Regardless, these bags ARE very high quality...it's hard to make a bag of plastic look like it's worth $1000 :lol:
:roflmfao: that's true, Karman, your post always cheer me up :yes:
eping-:heart: your new aviator:nuts: !

The original thought for this thread is to see if this is consider normal, you know, just like vachetta starts the patina process. Of course customer are not always 100% right/satisfy, but it dosen't mean we can't question something we find strange about.:idea:

I do think that regardless of the price...LV should have informed the comsumer of the particulars of this material....so that the buyer is aware.

But there is the fact that LE does mean designed for "speciality" and not just a bag for everyday and the fact that just b/c of price or LV name, the bag has to be a certain way is far reaching......So its all up to everyone to judge this one and return it, if need be.....:smile:

I was very well informed about the nature of the material when I bought the bag. The SA who took my order (I ordered from another boutique) wrote me a little card explaining how this bag will crease and mark very easily, and she also told me how the bag should be stored, care instructions, etc.

I was very well informed about the nature of the material when I bought the bag. The SA who took my order (I ordered from another boutique) wrote me a little card explaining how this bag will crease and mark very easily, and she also told me how the bag should be stored, care instructions, etc.
:shrugs: really? Your SA is very nice to inform you ahead of time, the SA who helped me didn't bother to mention any of it to me , if she would've told me ahead a time, perhaps i won't get 3 Miroirs:hysteric: ....especially after lovely TPFers share the new Dune speedy;) .

Karman, how do u manage to stuff ur silver pochette so evenly?? whenever i use mine the zipper always seems deformed no matter how hard i try to space things out evenly:confused1:

:shrugs: really? Your SA is very nice to inform you ahead of time, the SA who helped me didn't bother to mention any of it to me , if she would've told me ahead a time, perhaps i won't get 3 Miroirs:hysteric: ....especially after lovely TPFers share the new Dune speedy;) .

Karman, how do u manage to stuff ur silver pochette so evenly?? whenever i use mine the zipper always seems deformed no matter how hard i try to space things out evenly:confused1:

I have my ways...;)

LOL...j/k...I try to make sure everything inside the bag has the same thickness...ie, my cellphone, cles, and credit card holder are all around 2cm each, so when it closes, the zipper isn't all funky looking ;) Then I stick my lipgloss at the top, which also measures 2cm in diametre :lol: I'm just lucky, I guess.

I couldn't take a picture of the straps but hopefully this will give some comfort to some:

oct1102622.jpg

It's not just the Miroir bags, this happens when the vachetta is forced to stay in a curved position. But, if you are not 100% satisfied with the Miroir or any bag for that matter then you should return it or exchange it for something that you are going to be completely happy with. Don't settle!

lol omg.... this is also one of the reasons some SAs 'appear' to be snobby and put their nose up high in the air (mostly in Europe). Yes, I agree with you that customer service is the most important, but have you considered the SA's position? I was just talking to my SA yesterday (my dad was there too) and saying how some customers come in and expect to be treated like a VIP. Just because you're spending money there doesn't mean that you will be able to get everything/anything you want. Also, if no one else's opinion matters, then why do you still return to this thread to look at others' opinion? lol Peace out!:biggrin:

I am sorry, you seem to have misunderstood my post. My opinion is that you have a right to be happy with your purchase and if you are not happy you have the right not to purchase it/ return it. People's opinions do matter prior to purchase - I return to this thread and others to find out why people do or don't like in a bag, and what problems they might have after purchase. But I have to be totally satisfied when I make a purchase and nobody else should tell me I'm being picky if I am unsatisfied with the quality of the product

An SA is there to serve a customer. And the SA's job is to provide customer satisfaction to the utmost. To me the SA is the representative of the seller, and as a buyer I do not go to the store to be friends with the SA. I suppose one could sympathize with the SA if one were an SA oneself and had to deal with customers all day and are dissatisfied with one's own job.

I'm there to pay money and buy something, and expect goods and services to be provided (by the SA) accordingly. Any customer visiting a store should be treated like a VIP, in my opinion...