Are your Chanels insured?

Eeeps. I am in NYC next July + am now thinking about leaving my stuff at home too. What happened?? Hope you get everything sorted out.

Oh no no no! Don't let my bad luck affect you enjoying your loves!
New York is the best place to show off your pieces!!
It was just an unfortunate accident really.
I was at the movies (of all places!) and a terrible human decided to steal my bag.
It was really just very unlucky. I've been to new york 20 odd times, and even after my last bad luck trip, i will be going back as soon as i can!

enjoy your trip! xoxo

Also, to finalise this original topic of the thread,
I ended up getting in contact with the Chanel in Chicago and they were more than helpful in getting me receipts (that were over 2 years old!)
so i was very impressed with them for sure.

xxx

Do you by any chance have pictures of you wearing the items that were stolen? That could help at least prove to the insurance company that you had those items and are not making it up.

My hubby laughs at me when I take pictures of my receipts and high ticket items. But I feel better knowing I have some sort of "proof" in case something happens. I take the pics and email them to my email account specifically set up for that purpose.

Good luck filing the claim and I hope it works out!

Great advice!!!!

Oh no no no! Don't let my bad luck affect you enjoying your loves!
New York is the best place to show off your pieces!!
It was just an unfortunate accident really.
I was at the movies (of all places!) and a terrible human decided to steal my bag.
It was really just very unlucky. I've been to new york 20 odd times, and even after my last bad luck trip, i will be going back as soon as i can!

enjoy your trip! xoxo

Thank you for getting back to me :smile: Been to NYC about 18 times myself but the first 15 times (or so), I had no fancy stuff to take with me. I will figure it out next summer but if I dont take my GST when I am away, I actually miss it!!! Sad I know!!

Wondering if any of you have scheduled your Chanel bags on your homeowners insurance similarly to jewelry? I ask because I had a scare with things stolen from my garage. Thankfully, although my bag was in my car the thirds didn't get n my car only took things from the garage.

Is this common? I never thought to insure any of my bags. My insurance agent only mentioned jewelry or art as something to insure separately from my regular home insurance.

sadly i'm a student so i can only get renter's insurance, but i'm not sure if it covers handbags... although i think you can specifically include things in your policy? k back to my brief!

Is this common? I never thought to insure any of my bags. My insurance agent only mentioned jewelry or art as something to insure separately from my regular home insurance.
I am going to call today to find out. With the price of these bags, especially the classics I would be crushed if one was stolen.