Are your Chanels insured?

Coincidentally I just called my insurance company about this, State Farm, and they would not let me take a rider out on my new Chanel like I have on some of my jewelry.

Interesting topic!

I have just had this discussion with my husband. I dont know if any of you are aware of the bushfires ravaging southern Australia right now. Well, we had the warnings and got evacuated last week. Totally scary time which I never want to go through ever again.

I had our valuables ( photos, med records, birth certs etc), a change of clothes, formula and bottles for baby, blankets, some toys, some jewellery ( yet I forgot my other Cartier watch) etc packed in the car. I really ummed and ahhed about taking my few Chanel items with me. What I did take were the authenticity cards, swing tags and receipts from the stores.

My bags would be under the general household insurance. I think things will have to change there...

I believe there may be another thread on this subject however, your Homeowners or Renters policy will cover the cost of your bags. Just make sure you carry enough in contents coverage.

you should speak to your provider, some require certain proof of the collection (photos or even video) also some will say it is included in homeowners-- make sure there is an itemized list explicitly covering each. you can also add on a policy so they are covered when you travel or are out of the home.

sizeable?! I only have two chanels and have insured both with my contents insurance.!! Can never be too careful, I reckon!! best to speak with your current home and/or contents insurance and discuss policy and coverage.

Purses are covered under our general house insurance - the only thing I needed a special/additional rider for was jewelry since you can't just add value onto your based policy b/c jewelry is considered higher risk.

I just have a listing of the styles and serial numbers stored in a file, just like what we do with electronics, etc...

Hello tweetie, we are just moving back into our home after a major remodel .I thought of this very same thing, albeit a lot later than you. I am photographing each bag, digging up the style number, year, price, color, etc. I'm putting it all into a 3 ring binder for a few reasons; insurance, a history of my purchases and some info for whoever get these bags when I pass them along.

It seems like many PF members have very large (and expensive ) collections of purses. Just wondering if you guys ever do or have considered insuring your priceless bags.

Hi mezmari, as I organize and put all my purses back in the closet I thought about this issue as well. With alll the money that we all have poured into these beautiful bags over the last several year or decades surely some should be insured. Its a great question. I'm calling my insurance agent tomorrow. Thanks for the thread!

I have been wondering the same thing but kept forgetting to post the question. I have a seperate policy for jewelry but wasnt sure about bags. I keep a spreadsheet of my bags and SLGs but what a great idea to take pics of each of them. Would be so easy to keep on a jump drive in the safe or safety deposit box. Thanks for refreshing this thread!!

I know a lot of people insure their engagement ring, I'm just curious do you insure your bags?
Chanel bags are so expensive and it is definitely something I want to treasure for a lifetime.

I think if you have homeowners insurance or rental it covers it as part of the value if your belongings. I was told that actually itemizing it is redundant and just adds to the bill. This was me asking the insurance agent what best to do.

There are a few threads on this, and it depends on your insurance company. Mine insures them at replacement value without requiring riders such as you get for jewelry items. I just keep proof of ownership, such as receipts and photos. If you do a search on this forum (Chanel) you will find a few threads, and even more on the general forum. :smile:

Reactions: mmaya