Are your Chanels insured?

my bags are insured on my household policy automatically but if something is over £1,500 (approx $3000) it has to be listed seperatly. Keep all reciepts and take photos of yourself with the bag as when it comes to making a claim it is so much easier.
Oh and make sure your insurance company does a "like for like" policy, which means if the item you are claiming for is a Chanel you will get a Chanel back or a cheque for the total cost of the bag/item and not just a portion!
Hope this helps x

I was talking to a friend and she asked about my purse collection. We added it all up (Chanel and non Chanel) and she asked if they were insured. Can you add a handbag collection to your insurance considering they depreciate? Has anyone done this or thought about it? Is this silly or smart thinking considering some of us have serious collections? :upsidedown:

I have my purses included in my homeowners/renters insurance at replacement value. If I had a fire or burglary, I want to be able to replace as many of them as possible since they cost a pretty penny in total!

Not to be a bother... but I was interested in this. (I'm kind of paranoid, and really :heart:33 my bags) -how would someone go about doing this? -It would need to be through your homeowners insurance? TIA!

Sorry, I'm 24, and *very clueless* :confused1: about all of this insurance stuff. (Ugh, that's no excuse though... 24 is pretty old now that I think about it) LOL

Did you have to take a photo of them or provide receipts? Our wedding bans were rolled into our homeowners insurance after we got married and I had to provide a photo (in addition to appraisal). Thank you again for the info. :flowers:

I have my purses included in my homeowners/renters insurance at replacement value. If I had a fire or burglary, I want to be able to replace as many of them as possible since they cost a pretty penny in total!

I too like Regina...Have my bags insured through my homeowners insurance...I have too many not to....However, if I only had one or two I would weigh the pros and cons...However, if you have several regardless of the designer I would consider insuring them...

for those of you have it insure on Homeowners please be don't forget about your deductible, usualy 1% of your house. Ask your insurance if it's possible to have a Valueable Property insurance for pricey items such as jewls, antique and collections. I personally have a retner's insurance at replacement value (the cost to replace, different than auto insurance's depreciation value) that includes my bags w/fairly low deductible. different insurance have different policy about proof of ownership, but I take pix and scanned receipts to make digital copy of what i have.

I provided an inventory and photos (which I have anyway). With close to 60 Chanel (vintage and new), 15 YSL muse and numerous vintage Bally and Ferragamo bags, I'm not taking any chances!!!

Generally handbag collections cannot be scheduled on a Homeowners/Renters Insurance policy in the same manner as Jewelry, Fine Arts, Furs, etc...unless the insurance company allows you to itemize under Miscellaneous Items. Your handbag collection is covered under Coverage C-Personal Property/Contents of your Homeowners/Renters Insurance policy; subject to the covered perils & deductible. It is recommended to take photos of each room, collection, etc. & copies of receipts for your more valuable items (handbag collection, clothing, shoes, jewelry, etc.) to show date of purchase & price. This will help expedite the claim process. It's simple to store everything onto CD/Zip Drive, etc. & putting that in a safe fireproof place.

You'd be surprised how much you actually have & how much you forget in the event of a fire, theft, windstorm, etc. You'll want to contact your Homeowners Insurance agent to further discuss as each state/country have different underwriting guidelines.