Are You Smarter Than An S.A. ?

lol i experience that allll the time when i go to coach. it's even worse because they assume that i'm a student who's not willing to spend money so they don't help me to begin with. it's frustrating to actually have to put up with snobby SA's......only to find out that they know about 50% of what you know.

AMEN! that happens to me all the time. Since I am only 22, but I look like a 16 year old they automatically think I don't have money to spend on a bag even though I do. It is so frustrating and half the time I go in they don't know what they are talking about. I used to work at Coach and my old district manager still calls me begging for me to come back to work because I knew more about the product than our store manager did.

okay i just realized some SA's read this so i'd like to clarify. i generally don't blame the SA's. in fact, I'M kind of embarrassed by how much I know. i don't even think i expect the SA's to know EVERYthing because this is "just a job" for them and not, say, an obsession like it is for the rest of us here :-P i just wish SA's weren't as snobby sometimes, and my only request is that they're familiar with the current lines out. (i know the snob thing is kind of based on luck though.)

hahah abitzberger that's so funny about coach begging you to go back. i've come to realize that you can kind of test out the snob factor of the SA's by trying to get eye contact with them. some of them just look so reluctant to even acknowledge my presence....those are the ones i avoid. the ones that smile back are usually the ones i end up approaching. (and yeah i'm in my early 20s too.)

this is probably the first rude thing anyone has said to me on here. i didnt give the sa attitude and i didnt treat her in a bad way im a very nice person and i would never be rude to anyone i didnt know, unlike you. i helped her all the way through my purchase and taught her alot so before you jumped to conclusions about my karma worry about your own

i didn't say that you were rude. it was a generality about karma. if a customer is rude to a sa, the sa is human, and may give an attitude back. if you were such a nice person, you wouldn't have been nice to her in the store and come home and been condescending and talked about her in that way.

ps. just because i'm not sympathizing with you. doesn't make me rude. it was a blunt and honest statement. i respect the people that come here and are excited about the product and have genuine questions. but when posters write something that is narrow or misrepresented, and get upset when someone gives another point of view, i think that is rude.

hahah abitzberger that's so funny about coach begging you to go back. i've come to realize that you can kind of test out the snob factor of the SA's by trying to get eye contact with them. some of them just look so reluctant to even acknowledge my presence....those are the ones i avoid. the ones that smile back are usually the ones i end up approaching. (and yeah i'm in my early 20s too.)

heehee I totally do the whole eye contact smile thing too.