Are You Smarter Than An S.A. ?

I think it's a mix of seasonal employees and people just there for a check. Everyone's not going to be obsessed with each and every item Coach makes and many probably just learn enough about the popular items that the store sells the most of. Because of my obsession and knowledge of the brand (thanks in part to this forum) I can just go in and tell them exactly what I want. My local boutique always has great SAs so if I go in and get an SA that's new they'll still go out of their way to find what I'm looking for.

I was at Premium Outlets Tues and when I left empty handed, the SA asked if she could help me. I said "I was looking for the Ali in whiskey but you only have the natural".

She looked totally clueless.

I swear she thought I was talking about that diet medication.

I really am not making fun here of any SA, I have always been treated wonderful in the Coach store. BUT, I have a funny SA story and this seemed a good place to post it...well...I sent my husband to Coach for Christmas with a list (yes I sound like a control freak:smile: of 3 bags in diff colours so he could pick one for Christmas. This way he didn't go in without any idea what I would like. He handed the SA my printed list. The list had a Carly and an Ali both with the style number "s" but they were in diff colours. The SA said how cute your wife has a style numbe"r" with the bag but it's the wrong style number. She procedes to show him the Leigh in those two colours. So he came home with the wrapped Leigh but of course told me how the SA fixed the style number!! :smile: I do have to say there is something to be said for being surprised on Christmas and I absolutely LOVE the Leigh, so it did all work out. I just thought it was sort of funny that she messed up CARLY and ALI with Leigh, yes they rhyme but the spelling is just a little bit different. That is why I put the style numbers down btw.

I get frustrated when they don't know their stuff. I mean obviously, you can't know every single thing. But I have met some that don't even know things about plain black bags that have been out forever.

I LOVVVEEE being around bags, and if I thought I could make the money I need to working in a Coach store I totally would.

Once in a Macy's (I was shopping, not working) I sold a bag to a woman lol. I was having fun obsessing in the bags and she taps me on the shoulder and goes "Excuse me, what kind of bag is this?" And I explained to her that it was a Kathy and I showed her some other Kathy's and told her how much I loved my own Kathy and she said "Thanks I am gonna get this". And finally when she asked me where the register was, I had to tell her I didn't work there LOL.

She felt really bad that she bothered me, but I told her not to worry, I love talking about bags.

I have such a better experience being in the store when I meet a SA who is giddy about the bags instead of one that is just standing there grumpy.

I heard they don't get a comission. I wish they did, b/c then the ones who are great (and there are some awesome ones) would be rewarded and maybe it would weed out some of the not so great ones who want to stand in the back gossiping instead of approaching customers (this is the WORST, especially on days when you are hard core ready to spend and people are ignoring you!).

This past thursday I went to the Coach store to use my PCE discount. I had it in my head what i wanted.
  • white legacy shoulder bag
  • tortoise joelle sunnies
  • gold woven flat
  • large signature stripe makeup bag
I get to the coach store and they have 0 of the above items and my little heart was crushed. All i wanted was to to walk out of the store with the items i wanted i mean how hard is that ! So i find an SA to ask if they have the stuff and im just not seeing it or if we need to order it. SHE HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT FOR ALL FOUR ITEMS. I was like are you kidding me ? First of all not one SA in the whole store knew there was a white (geranium) shoulder bag. They didnt believe me when i said it and we actually went online so i could prove to them there was such thing ! Then when they saw there was such thing they all wanted one haha :roflmfao:

The sa i was working with was a good sa i just felt like i knew more about her products then she did and if i was selling something i would want to kn ow EVERYTHING about it. For Instance the signature stripe large beauty case i asked if they had any in stock and was like yes ! all cheerful and i got excited that they would have one thing i wanted in stock. and she took me over to the tattersall beauty case. I was thinking are you serious there isnt even a signature on it !

well im done ranting. i never rant im one of those if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all. i hope this wasnt mean sounding because thats definitely not how i meant it. i just think its silly the costumers know more than the SA's :nogood:

in general, SA'S know more than cUstomers. and sometimes there are newbie seasonal associates who don't know the product, and what can they/management do? it's years and years of product knowledge that they're supposed to pick up in a month's time. come on... customers need to relax. everyone is trying to do their best. as a generality, we know what we're doing and when customers are condescending, SA'S are obviously going to give you attitude back. it's really ridiculous how a lot of customers think they can go into a store and treat sa's however they please and expect sa's to smile and just take it. it's called KARMA.

I heard they don't get a comission. I wish they did, b/c then the ones who are great (and there are some awesome ones) would be rewarded and maybe it would weed out some of the not so great ones who want to stand in the back gossiping instead of approaching customers (this is the WORST, especially on days when you are hard core ready to spend and people are ignoring you!).

yes but then u will get the ones instead whol will constantly hound customers and follow them through the store and always try to upsell- "oh the medium is too small u need the large and u really must buy this wallet to go..." i m not saying they will all do this but jsut as u get some unhelpful sa's now u will get some who are too pushy if they work on commission.

in general, SA'S know more than cUstomers. and sometimes there are newbie seasonal associates who don't know the product, and what can they/management do? it's years and years of product knowledge that they're supposed to pick up in a month's time. come on... customers need to relax. everyone is trying to do their best. as a generality, we know what we're doing and when customers are condescending, SA'S are obviously going to give you attitude back. it's really ridiculous how a lot of customers think they can go into a store and treat sa's however they please and expect sa's to smile and just take it. it's called KARMA.

this is probably the first rude thing anyone has said to me on here. i didnt give the sa attitude and i didnt treat her in a bad way im a very nice person and i would never be rude to anyone i didnt know, unlike you. i helped her all the way through my purchase and taught her alot so before you jumped to conclusions about my karma worry about your own

lol I never have that problem. I know what a bag looks like but am not good with knowing the names. So sometimes I feel stupid posting because I don't want to be wrong. But everyone is so nice so its no biggie.

if i venture into another forum im usually like that shasha but with coach it seems to just come natural. i know alot of people who LOVE designer handbags but couldnt name not one of the ones they own. i think its silly :P

lol i experience that allll the time when i go to coach. it's even worse because they assume that i'm a student who's not willing to spend money so they don't help me to begin with. it's frustrating to actually have to put up with snobby SA's......only to find out that they know about 50% of what you know.

if i venture into another forum im usually like that shasha but with coach it seems to just come natural. i know alot of people who LOVE designer handbags but couldnt name not one of the ones they own. i think its silly :P

I'm definatly getting better now. If you asked me to find an ali or bleeker I could. :wlae: