Are You Smarter Than An S.A. ?

it's frustrating for me because i always know more about the products than the SA's I encounter do, and it makes me uncomfortable to stand there and correct them. ugh.

I hate it when I know more too. I hate having to them what a mini skinny is and that the color I want is sitting on the table in front of them. UGH!!! Maybe they are all just temp employees and the SA know it alls will be back after Christmas.

Ah the Joelle's are so cute but they don't really look right on my face so I got the Gingers with the green on the inside instead.
But I completely agree, some SA's are amazing while others.. you just wonder about them haha

I just had a not so fun run-in with a clueless SA. I was at my least favorite Coach store, which is notorious for horrible service. I asked if they had a Gigi tote and the woman first stared at me like I was crazy, then went and asked the manager, who pointed to the Leigh. The SA then came back and told me that they had a Gigi and pointed towards the Leigh. When I said that was the Leigh, not the Gigi, she just sighed and stared at me rudely some more. I told her that it was obvious that they didn't have one and to have a nice day. I left and got yelled at for being rude to the SA by my sister. Yes, I wasn't particularly nice, but I was frustrated that I not only knew more than the SA, she acted very rudely once it was clear that she had no clue. I should have known better than to go into that store!

I think, maybe, right now they have some "holiday hires". When i went in for PCE, the guy i was talking to had no clue either. i didn't worry about it though, i just showed him what I wanted and then I was eventually "handed over" to a knowledgable SA. It does take a little longer though....

I applied for a seasonal position and I feel I know my stuff, but I know I didn't get hired because I have no sales experience what so ever and perhaps, a scheduling conflict. Which annoys me because most of the time when I go into the boutiques I know exactly what I am looking for; When I ask for it, the SA's look at me as if I have two heads!!! On more than one occasion I have been told by SA that I know more about products than some of their recent hires! ::end rant::

I work at Coach but I'm in the back with all of the product!! :yahoo: I like most of the people that I work with but there are definitely people who work there because they love the brand but most work there to pay the bills. Coach is a great company to work for and they certainly want their employees to know as much as possible. There are so many items that come out that many of the smaller stores never see that its difficult to know all that is available. I certainly know more than most people that I work with because of what I learn here.

I think, maybe, right now they have some "holiday hires". When i went in for PCE, the guy i was talking to had no clue either. i didn't worry about it though, i just showed him what I wanted and then I was eventually "handed over" to a knowledgable SA. It does take a little longer though....

:yes: As well, my favorite SA works one day a week - on Saturdays! She tells me it's hard to keep up when they get new items in every other month! Good for us, but I can imagine it's hard for them.

I try to be nice - I still remember the pain of working retail :P