Are you ever finished? Do you ever not long for anything else?

gigi leung

O.G.
Feb 14, 2006
I'd like to add one more birkin to my collection...but my heart yearns for a few more Kellys. I think the Kelly is the most beautiful purse in the entire universe :heart: Somehow, I don't get the same feeling when I wear my birkin.

kim_mac

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
it's too early on the h road for me. i just have one kelly. want to try a birkin and bolide and eventually one of the three types of bags will win out...then i'll buy a few more colors...THEN i might be complete.

as far as scarves, it's so fun to check out the new designs as they come out, and possibly build a little collection of mine.

cymbidium

Jan 15, 2007
Too early for me to say as well. I dipped my toe into H with a picotin, which DH adores on me...got a bolide that I adore on me, and thinking of PO'ing a BB kelly for July.

I do know that after I get to a certain number, I'll be operating under a one in = one out regime. I find it too difficult to have too many choices in my closet!

Tamarind

Sep 7, 2006
I think I am pretty much done, and if something later catches my eye I will consider it, but I am not actively looking or wanting something any more.
To me I can be done when I no longer find myself thinking that I don't have a bag that (1) looks good with what I am wearing and (2) can hold what I need for where I am going. I am happy that I seem to have reached that equilibrium. Let's hope it stays that way.
I actually passed Hermes today and had a few minutes so I went in, and there was nothing at all I felt I wanted, and I left in just a few minutes. I felt really good about it (and I think my bank account will thank me too...)

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
I can imagine such a feeling, but I am not there just yet...I know I need something a little larger for certain things.... But I am really satisfied with my leather accessories.

Once I get the last couple, I will have gotten rid of all the junky stuff in my bag. I dont feel I need several of anything, e.g. wallets, I am satisfied with one example of a useful item that is just right...

Scarves, I dont know....there are so many to love.

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
I'm not finished but I do feel like I'm done for awhile. I love my Kelly so much that I just want to enjoy it. Also, there are 2 Non-H staple bags that I really want. THEN, back to H eventually for a BB Kelly and maybe a Bolide or Plume.

orchids

O.G.
May 30, 2006
isus, I hear you. i'm not sure if it's the lull in the season but unless H comes out with some more TDF colors (which they probably will), I'm pretty happy at the moment, and it's the first time in a long-time that there wasn't a must-have on my list, other than perhaps a 30cm in black. I think I'm done with Birkins after one more order I'm still waiting for, but Kellys are another story. I'd like to add a 28cm sellier at some point and try on a 35cm retourne but there's no must-have at the moment. Like SoCal, I do enjoy the element of surprise and walking into the store and trying on something I wouldn't have thought about otherwise. I do find that my favorite bags tend to be the ones that are a bit counter-intuitive for me.

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
I think it's great that you are sitting back and enjoying what you already have. It is exciting to be waiting for/lusting after something, but IMO it's equally important to enjoy your collection once in a while so you can fully appreciate it. I feel that many collectors sometimes just keep on acquiring for the sake of expanding their collections that they forget to savor what they've already gotten. :smile:
I completely agree with this. Last year I was buying bags just for the sake of buying bags. I took a look at my collection and really thought about what I used and what never left the closet. I sold what I didn't think was practical, and now have only five bags that I really, really love. I took a step back and decided to enjoy my collection. Now, I really appreciate the great bags I have.

Even though a Birkin or Kelly would be wonderful to own, one or the other will eventually come along when it's right for me. Until then, I'm enjoying the beautiful bags I have and giving them lots of outside the closet time :nuts:

MillStream

O.G.
May 15, 2006
New England
Isus, I completely understand where you are and feel I'm in a similar place, just enjoying what I've assembled. I'm waiting for a couple of SO's and honestly don't know if they'll still be important to me once they arrive.

I can even imagine paring down a bit. Like Scarlett, I'll think about that tomorrow.

dianagrace

Seeking Simplicity
O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Well, never say never but I am not really looking to add any bags anytime soon. I like what I have and don't really need anything else. I would love to have a bag in box leather but I don't really know what style. I am just enjoying what I have.

Scarves are another story though and I will probably buy them until I die.

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
I totally understand what you're saying. I always felt so blessed to have my current collection as is. Granted it may be a bit tiny when compared to others on the board, but I hold each piece near and dear to my heart.

It's for this reason that I feel a break is necessary once my orders arrive. I want to cherish every member of mi familia and give everyone ample play time.

Quite honestly, I'll probably never be done w/ Hermes as it feels like a life long love affair. Especially since I'm a bonafide high end luxury leather fiend.

But unless a new design jumps out to me or I'm mentally ready for a Kelly, I think a little break in the side lines might be in order (after my bags arrive, of course).

nightshade

O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
heh its definitely not happened to me yet-- i've only just started my Hermes collection (tiny at present!) :lol: still dreaming of that etoupe 35cm birkin, a 34cm lindy etc etc etc...

ck21

Believing in Magic
O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
I used to think that I could be done, and now I wonder. That sares me.
I got my perfect birkin, and I was done. Until it went to the spa. Uh oh, needed a bolide to keep me company (and to use during those times when I'm not comfortable taking out my birkin--usually because of weather reasons or just because it tends to get attention).

Love my bolide, but am now wishing for a brighton blue evelyne for the more casual times. After that will I be done? I would like to think so, but I worry.

isus

tommye48
Sep 1, 2006
I think it was Ninja who said that I get into these Funky Moods:weird: with my Hermes and, thinking back on it, I do....a couple of times a year.

Still, I've enjoyed the posts and feel that I know where you all are 'cause I'm either there, been there, or getting there.....it makes this board so interesting with all of us in different places with our H collections.