Are you ever finished? Do you ever not long for anything else?

I'd like to add one more birkin to my collection...but my heart yearns for a few more Kellys. I think the Kelly is the most beautiful purse in the entire universe :heart: Somehow, I don't get the same feeling when I wear my birkin.

it's too early on the h road for me. i just have one kelly. want to try a birkin and bolide and eventually one of the three types of bags will win out...then i'll buy a few more colors...THEN i might be complete.

as far as scarves, it's so fun to check out the new designs as they come out, and possibly build a little collection of mine.

Too early for me to say as well. I dipped my toe into H with a picotin, which DH adores on me...got a bolide that I adore on me, and thinking of PO'ing a BB kelly for July.

I do know that after I get to a certain number, I'll be operating under a one in = one out regime. I find it too difficult to have too many choices in my closet!

I think I am pretty much done, and if something later catches my eye I will consider it, but I am not actively looking or wanting something any more.
To me I can be done when I no longer find myself thinking that I don't have a bag that (1) looks good with what I am wearing and (2) can hold what I need for where I am going. I am happy that I seem to have reached that equilibrium. Let's hope it stays that way.
I actually passed Hermes today and had a few minutes so I went in, and there was nothing at all I felt I wanted, and I left in just a few minutes. I felt really good about it (and I think my bank account will thank me too...)

I can imagine such a feeling, but I am not there just yet...I know I need something a little larger for certain things.... But I am really satisfied with my leather accessories.

Once I get the last couple, I will have gotten rid of all the junky stuff in my bag. I dont feel I need several of anything, e.g. wallets, I am satisfied with one example of a useful item that is just right...

Scarves, I dont know....there are so many to love.

I'm not finished but I do feel like I'm done for awhile. I love my Kelly so much that I just want to enjoy it. Also, there are 2 Non-H staple bags that I really want. THEN, back to H eventually for a BB Kelly and maybe a Bolide or Plume.

isus, I hear you. i'm not sure if it's the lull in the season but unless H comes out with some more TDF colors (which they probably will), I'm pretty happy at the moment, and it's the first time in a long-time that there wasn't a must-have on my list, other than perhaps a 30cm in black. I think I'm done with Birkins after one more order I'm still waiting for, but Kellys are another story. I'd like to add a 28cm sellier at some point and try on a 35cm retourne but there's no must-have at the moment. Like SoCal, I do enjoy the element of surprise and walking into the store and trying on something I wouldn't have thought about otherwise. I do find that my favorite bags tend to be the ones that are a bit counter-intuitive for me.

I think it's great that you are sitting back and enjoying what you already have. It is exciting to be waiting for/lusting after something, but IMO it's equally important to enjoy your collection once in a while so you can fully appreciate it. I feel that many collectors sometimes just keep on acquiring for the sake of expanding their collections that they forget to savor what they've already gotten. :smile:

I completely agree with this. Last year I was buying bags just for the sake of buying bags. I took a look at my collection and really thought about what I used and what never left the closet. I sold what I didn't think was practical, and now have only five bags that I really, really love. I took a step back and decided to enjoy my collection. Now, I really appreciate the great bags I have.

Even though a Birkin or Kelly would be wonderful to own, one or the other will eventually come along when it's right for me. Until then, I'm enjoying the beautiful bags I have and giving them lots of outside the closet time :nuts:

Isus, I completely understand where you are and feel I'm in a similar place, just enjoying what I've assembled. I'm waiting for a couple of SO's and honestly don't know if they'll still be important to me once they arrive.

I can even imagine paring down a bit. Like Scarlett, I'll think about that tomorrow.

Well, never say never but I am not really looking to add any bags anytime soon. I like what I have and don't really need anything else. I would love to have a bag in box leather but I don't really know what style. I am just enjoying what I have.

Scarves are another story though and I will probably buy them until I die.

I totally understand what you're saying. I always felt so blessed to have my current collection as is. Granted it may be a bit tiny when compared to others on the board, but I hold each piece near and dear to my heart.

It's for this reason that I feel a break is necessary once my orders arrive. I want to cherish every member of mi familia and give everyone ample play time.

Quite honestly, I'll probably never be done w/ Hermes as it feels like a life long love affair. Especially since I'm a bonafide high end luxury leather fiend.

But unless a new design jumps out to me or I'm mentally ready for a Kelly, I think a little break in the side lines might be in order (after my bags arrive, of course).

heh its definitely not happened to me yet-- i've only just started my Hermes collection (tiny at present!) :lol: still dreaming of that etoupe 35cm birkin, a 34cm lindy etc etc etc...

I used to think that I could be done, and now I wonder. That sares me.
I got my perfect birkin, and I was done. Until it went to the spa. Uh oh, needed a bolide to keep me company (and to use during those times when I'm not comfortable taking out my birkin--usually because of weather reasons or just because it tends to get attention).

Love my bolide, but am now wishing for a brighton blue evelyne for the more casual times. After that will I be done? I would like to think so, but I worry.

I think it was Ninja who said that I get into these Funky Moods:weird: with my Hermes and, thinking back on it, I do....a couple of times a year.

Still, I've enjoyed the posts and feel that I know where you all are 'cause I'm either there, been there, or getting there.....it makes this board so interesting with all of us in different places with our H collections.